"That Moment"

Advertisement
I'll tell you one thing. Notre Dame 2 years ago was simply deafening. Dont have anything to compare it to as I have never been to the Orange bowl. But even the ND players said that's the loudest place they have ever played.

If Canes could fill out every home game. I would think we would never lose a home game. In 17 I went to every home game. Even against GT, they had us then the rain came and its like we went loko in the stands.

Advertisement
I'll tell you one thing. Notre Dame 2 years ago was simply deafening. Dont have anything to compare it to as I have never been to the Orange bowl. But even the ND players said that's the loudest place they have ever played.
Lou Holtz after the 89 ND game said he never heard anything like that before...When I met him at an SEC event where I was a Chef (1994) and said it was beyond insanity.

Might not have been as loud, but the 92 game against Arizona that came down to a missed field goal was pretty intense. We were ranked #1 and it was only the third game of the season. Place was deathly quiet before the kick and immediately erupted with relief.

Unfortunately, they crushed us in the Fiesta Bowl the next year. Ugly.

Advertisement
October 7, 2000: University of Miami tight end Jeremy Shockey celebrates after his game winning 13 yard touchdown reception from Ken Dorsey to give the Canes a 27-24 victory over Florida State. The play was one of the defining moments in University of Miami football history and put the Canes back among college football's elite programs.

View attachment 97359

I remember this like it was yesterday. I am the only Canes fan in my family, the rest are FSU fans (maybe that is why I am not invited to family reunions) and we were actually having a reunion that weekend. We were all gathered around the TV when he scored that TD.

It was. Then again, it had been so long since I'd attended any game I could reasonably compare it to. Last time prior to then probably would have been 03.

Advertisement
Might not have been as loud, but the 92 game against Arizona that came down to a missed field goal was pretty intense. We were ranked #1 and it was only the third game of the season. Place was deathly quiet before the kick and immediately erupted with relief.

Unfortunately, they crushed us in the Fiesta Bowl the next year. Ugly.
That Arizona team was pretty **** good. I think they beat Washington or whoever was # 1 later that year

Last edited:
October 7, 2000: University of Miami tight end Jeremy Shockey celebrates after his game winning 13 yard touchdown reception from Ken Dorsey to give the Canes a 27-24 victory over Florida State. The play was one of the defining moments in University of Miami football history and put the Canes back among college football's elite programs.

View attachment 97359

This one was almost a shock to the system. You could hear a pin drop when we snapped the ball and while it was in the air, and then absolute mayhem.

Carlos Jones was sustained insanity when they snapped the ball in front of the WEZ, and then it went up to a whole different level on the pick and score.

Advertisement
another moment was the 89 ND game. Bernard" Tiger" Clark picked Tony Rice off. Maybe it wasnt as loud as other games, but I was 10 years old and I thought the place was going to crumble
I was at that game too, and the loudest moment was picking up the 3rd and 47 from our own endzone. Thought the place was going to collapse.

Bro I gave away my ticket to this game ... to another Cane! ( Dad and his son 1st Canes game) but I stayed party and tailgated outside the stadium watching on a big screen back of someones truck. When Bandy caught that INT...... HARD ROCK had to hit the Richter scale . The place went crazy! You would of thought we won the championship! Cups was flying in the air, everyone yelling , jumping on cars, honking , even the ladies was flashing thier stuff ... that was a night i could not forget. lol EPIC

Fam, I had tears watching it. It felt like the culmination of all the bad years being flushed.

Advertisement
Back