"That Moment"

too many to mention, but this has to be at the top. that place was vibrating man it was insanity

1263e4abdd8f27635d5604ec32abbe95e82583b1.jpg

Advertisement
IIRC we stopped them on their next series.
On our next series Najeh fumbles (after he got the first down).

Wenke then drives them into long FG range.
I was sitting near the tunnel at the goal line.
Given that angle, after the kick went up, I looked to the west end zone crazies to make the call for me.

After Shockey's TD, FSU had the last possession. Najeh's fumble happened when we were up 20-17.

Not a great game but 1992 against Arizona, they missed a fg that would have won the game as time expired. Place erupted. We were #1 I think, they weren't very good but it was ugly all game. OB almost fell down and it wasn't even full. We were at game 45-46 of the home win streak then. We were all stunned into silence thinking it was over and Arizona missed the kick. Amazing how loud it got for a 75% full stadium and how much the place bounced. 2017 was the loudest for me overall though. I think even louder than most Fsu games at the OB from when I was young. ND I couldn't hear anything from friends sitting next to me

Advertisement
Not a great game but 1992 against Arizona, they missed a fg that would have won the game as time expired. Place erupted. We were #1 I think, they weren't very good but it was ugly all game. OB almost fell down and it wasn't even full. We were at game 45-46 of the home win streak then. We were all stunned into silence thinking it was over and Arizona missed the kick. Amazing how loud it got for a 75% full stadium and how much the place bounced. 2017 was the loudest for me overall though. I think even louder than most Fsu games at the OB from when I was young. ND I couldn't hear anything from friends sitting next to me

Canes won 8-7. Mederais blew his knee and ended his career.

Arizona was about to morph into their 'Desert Swarm' defense. In fact, this game may have been the first.

That Carlos Jones play was the loudest I have ever heard any stadium in my life.

Agree although I would also put the 1985 Bears Dolphin game as one of the loudest I've ever been to. **** the Notre Dame game at the Rock was as loud as I've heard in years. Place was nuts!!!

Advertisement
I wasn’t at the ‘00 Fsu game but two that stand out to me was the ‘04 Gore overtime TD and Hester’s pint return against Louisville that gave us the lead after they were kicking our ***.

The loudest I’ve heard the Rock was that Bandy pick 6.

That Arizona team wasn't bad though. They had a **** of a defense. I agree that the Medearis hit was dirty.

Agree although I would also put the 1985 Bears Dolphin game as one of the loudest I've ever been to. **** the Notre Dame game at the Rock was as loud as I've heard in years. Place was nuts!!!

What made that 85 Bears game noteworthy is that it was at that level all game long. Even when the Dolphins had the ball the place was buzzing. It's definitely up there in the top 5 games I've attended. Had to get up a couple hours later and go to school but it was worth it - weren't too many little kids staying out late at Monday Night Football in those days, but glad I got to......saw some great MNF games.

For a blowout, the 2001 65-7 drubbing of Washington is up there noise wise. (Maybe top 5) People were on their feet all game. Revenge is sweet.
No doubt! I was there in 2000 for the Shockey catch but that a$$ whoopin Thanksgiving weekend was bananas

Advertisement
What made that 85 Bears game noteworthy is that it was at that level all game long. Even when the Dolphins had the ball the place was buzzing. It's definitely up there in the top 5 games I've attended. Had to get up a couple hours later and go to school but it was worth it - weren't too many little kids staying out late at Monday Night Football in those days, but glad I got to......saw some great MNF games.

I was one of them with ya, all 10 years old of me, that night was glorious, the buzz in the air, when Monday Night football meant something and it was only for the creme de la creme of the NFL. Hands down that game and ‘89 from start to finish the best and loudest

I was one of them with ya, all 10 years old of me, that night was glorious, the buzz in the air, when Monday Night football meant something and it was only for the creme de la creme of the NFL. Hands down that game and ‘89 from start to finish the best and loudest

I still can't believe the Dolphins lost to New England in the AFC Championship that year. I think Marino would have taken care of the Bears yet again in the Super Bowl if they'd made it there. The quick release neutralized the Bears' insane pass rush, and they had no one capable of covering Clayton and Duper.

Advertisement
I still can't believe the Dolphins lost to New England in the AFC Championship that year. I think Marino would have taken care of the Bears yet again in the Super Bowl if they'd made it there. The quick release neutralized the Bears' insane pass rush, and they had no one capable of covering Clayton and Duper.

Don’t get me started on that one and that game. Still haunts me, Marino was the only QB built to beat that 46 defense of Buddy Ryan. It wasn’t they couldn’t cover Duper or Clayton, it was also Nat Moore as your 3rd Receiver, Nathan out of the backfield, Hardy as insurance at TE, to go with quickest release the NFL has ever seen, his arm was like the FLASH, only guy the Bears had no answer for.

Oh God I miss it! LMAO

Yup I was 12 years old and my parents weren't happy about me staying out that late but my brother told them when he got us season tickets in 1980 that I would be out late sometimes. :)

Advertisement
Back