"That Moment"

Advertisement
Heck in 2003, I think, when Gore scored the game winning TD on the first play for us in overtime after the Noles didn't score. Upper deck was shaking. I was not in the Orange Bowl for the Shockey TD, but I'm pretty sure that was loud as well.

Advertisement
There's no video because of the Clarence Thomas hearing but Kevin Williams' 91 yard punt return in '91 vs Penn State was wild.

Missed FG vs FSU in 2002
Missed FG vs FSU in 1992
Lamar Thomas TD vs FSU in 92
The UCLA game where 40k sounded like 80k

Bandy INT in 17 against ND was the first and only time I felt Hard Rock might not make it out intact.

Bro I gave away my ticket to this game ... to another Cane! ( Dad and his son 1st Canes game) but I stayed party and tailgated outside the stadium watching on a big screen back of someones truck. When Bandy caught that INT...... HARD ROCK had to hit the Richter scale . The place went crazy! You would of thought we won the championship! Cups was flying in the air, everyone yelling , jumping on cars, honking , even the ladies was flashing thier stuff ... that was a night i could not forget. lol EPIC

Advertisement
Man I miss the OB. I don't care what any college football buff says, the OB was as loud as any major stadium like south bend. The OB was sometimes louder than those stadiums that held over 100k.

I pity those fans who never witnessed a game there because it truly was a magical place.

10 year old me at the fsu game...man "the drive" I lost hearing in 1 ear for a while after that game.

Advertisement
Heck in 2003, I think, when Gore scored the game winning TD on the first play for us in overtime after the Noles didn't score. Upper deck was shaking. I was not in the Orange Bowl for the Shockey TD, but I'm pretty sure that was loud as well.

That was actually 2004 but yes, top 5 loudest moments at the OB. This game along with the ‘01 Washington, ‘02 FSU, and ‘03 UF were insanely loud. If I remember correctly they ran out of water at the ‘02 FSU game and that was the hottest game I have ever been too.

There's no video because of the Clarence Thomas hearing but Kevin Williams' 91 yard punt return in '91 vs Penn State was wild.

Missed FG vs FSU in 2002
Missed FG vs FSU in 1992
Lamar Thomas TD vs FSU in 92
The UCLA game where 40k sounded like 80k
I was at the Thursday Night game against Houston when Klingler was their QB. Kevin Williams put a show on that game. I had to buy a # 5 jersey that night

Advertisement
Bandy INT in 17 against ND was the first and only time I felt Hard Rock might not make it out intact.

I’ve seen both moments in person, sitting in the end zone they scored on, and Carlos’s moment was still louder. Never seen anything like it. I was only 12, and remember the insanity like it was yesterday.

Advertisement
Back