"That Moment"

SWFLHurricane

Recruit
When you literally thought the Ole Girl was coming down. Loudest Moment (not entire game) that I've ever heard there.
69598189_2715106075190217_2592692175422619648_n.jpg

Advertisement
October 7, 2000: University of Miami tight end Jeremy Shockey celebrates after his game winning 13 yard touchdown reception from Ken Dorsey to give the Canes a 27-24 victory over Florida State. The play was one of the defining moments in University of Miami football history and put the Canes back among college football's elite programs.

1568807524990.png

October 7, 2000: University of Miami tight end Jeremy Shockey celebrates after his game winning 13 yard touchdown reception from Ken Dorsey to give the Canes a 27-24 victory over Florida State. The play was one of the defining moments in University of Miami football history and put the Canes back among college football's elite programs.

View attachment 97359
Two Great moments....

View attachment 97359
As a younger guy, this is my answer. I was only 8 but I remember that afternoon in the OB clear as day.

Advertisement

View attachment 97359
Thank God they missed wide right again on the next series or nobody would remember it. I was there, most nerve racking few minutes I can remember in the OB for me.

Advertisement

View attachment 97359
I have been to all the missed kick games. I have been in the old girl for that final overtime victory against FSU on the storm delayed game on a Monday night. I was at the Sean Taylor monsoon in Tallahassee...and I have to tell you, when Shockey caught that ball to end “the drive”, I couldn’t hear and I couldn’t find a single person standing still. The Orange bowl looked like the inside of a popcorn bag in the microwave. It was crazy hot and people were blowing the lid off of an emotional game and pent-up frustration from the year before.

The Carlos Jones INT was one of my favorite moments. Also memorable to me from that game was how Costa kept getting one of their best defensive linemen to keep jumping offside and continually giving us more favorable down and distance.

Advertisement
I wasn’t there for the Carlos Jones int, because I live in Jersey, but my TV was on blast and it practically popped my speakers. I was there for the Shockey TD, man that place practically blew up! Plus the heat was mesmerizing... Great ******* times!! We NEED to get back and SOON!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back