Thank You Butch

Advertisement
Not for Miami, he was, to be generous, very average as a coach after he left Miami. That’s what I mean when I say he did nothing after he left.
I agree except that last year at UNC they were stacked and looked like an SEC team on defense. It was the most stacked they ever been in recent years. He got caught up cand that ended quick but there team had some Dawgs on it. When they played LSU they looked like they belonged even though they lost and has suspensions. That's all I'm saying

Lets ignore the fact that he was so incompetent that he didn't know what was going on with his own staff and players. lets just ignore that fact. When you're the HC you're supposed to know what is going on. That alone what you just wrote makes him look like an incompetent putz....which he is a coach. you are what your record says you are.

Butch also took over a team that just played for the defacto NC and had a whole lot of talent on it for the next two years. lets not act like Butch was destitute when he got the job.

Based on your definition, Jim Tressel is incompetent, Urban Meyer is incompetent, Pete Carroll is incompetent, Art Briles, Bobby Bowden, the list goes on, and this is only the coaches who actually got in trouble for something. Don't keep your blinders on. You have to assess an entire situation for what it is. Was butch the best ever game day coach, probably not, but it was his first job in a bad situation. He's never taken over the powerhouse program ready to win titles. He's built everything on his own, and that's what we haven't had in a long time.

I agree except that last year at UNC they were stacked and looked like an SEC team on defense. It was the most stacked they ever been in recent years. He got caught up cand that ended quick but there team had some Dawgs on it. When they played LSU they looked like they belonged even though they lost and has suspensions. That's all I'm saying

Should have beat LSU on a game that came down to the last play and they had like 13 starters suspended

Advertisement
Butch is gone,2001 team the greatest ever is long past.time to start making noise again and have history repeat itself.time to live for today not what happened 19 years ago.sound like a bunch old folks reminiscing about the old days.fun listening to them but we need to start making new history now.

It's sad that you enjoy blowing smoke up your own *** and want everyone else to do the same, with zero dissenting opinion. You can wear a cheerleading skirt all you want. Don't make everyone else wear one.
You are a funny troll ****lord, that’s for sure. Not accurate but funny.

I have been critical of staph and admin a like and up voted plenty of critically minded posters. The difference between them and you is that they don’t show up EVERY SINGLE TIME to **** on another posters positive take like YOU DO.

I’ll say it again, You are not a Cane Fan and you have nothing but bad intentions to offer this board.

Now you take care sweetie, bundle up, Chicago is getting cold this time of year. I would hate for you to catch a cold.

Advertisement
Actually not every player was recruited by Butch. Frank Gore and Kellen Winslow were not being recruited by Butch when he bolted and likely would not have been on that team. Both played small but important roles that year.
Wrong....Both WERE recruited by Butch in 2000....

If some of our "fans" spent as much time studying as they have bashing Butch, they'd all be PhDs.

Advertisement
If some of our "fans" spent as much time studying as they have bashing Butch, they'd all be PhDs.

You could also say if some of our "fans" spent as much time studying as they have slurping Butch, they'd also all be PhDs.

I know we’re playing FIU this week so obviously people are going to be talking about Butch, but it’s not that hugely different from other weeks. I mean he was our coach, he amassed a great team when he was here, but that’s over 20 years ago now. I think some people would just move on

You could also say if some of our "fans" spent as much time studying as they have slurping Butch, they'd also all be PhDs.

I know we’re playing FIU this week so obviously people are going to be talking about Butch, but it’s not that hugely different from other weeks. I mean he was our coach, he amassed a great team when he was here, but that’s over 20 years ago now. I think some people would just move on
No argument there. However, I'll happily jump on the BBB bandwagon just to be inflammatory any time we lose to a 2-7 team. Any other **** is better than the one you're in.

The thing I'm not sure everyone gets is that it would NEVER happen. Neither party would be interested.

Advertisement
That makes them the opposition. The trash talk towards Butch has nothing to do with the schedule. There's no other coach they discuss this way.

We talked big trash on Willie and Dan too. Crying for Butch ain't gonna bring 2000 back bro. Just vibe and cheer.

I got love for the man, even if he screwed us when he left & negative recruited Miami while at UNC. In saying that... boat race them. If he dies, he dies.

Advertisement
Back