Thank You Butch

Advertisement
Advertisement
Butch gets an A+++++ for spotting talent (both in terms of players and staff members) a B+ for player development, and an F- for gameday coaching.
game day coaching is the hardest skill set for an HC to master. take a look at Miami-BC game with the Flutie miracle.
we called a TO before we scored last TD in 4Q and just should have scored and let maximum amount of time expire rather than take a TO, remember we had Bernie... smartest QB we ever had at the controls as well
and i think JJ is one of top Hc's of all time
Kirby Smart at UGA wins because of Jimmies and Joes as hissing game day decisions are are embarrassingly bad
Andy Ried is always criticized for his time management
and yes, i was on the Butch train last year rather than Manny.....
gotta kick their butt but good this sat

Advertisement
Thank you Butch Davis for building the greatest team known to college football. Thank you for making that U mean something. I thank you for beating the Gator in Nawlins. I thank you for setting up the 5th rang.

But Saturday...it is strictly business. We finna knock yo *** out at the baseball field. You should've never left for Cleveland. We you shoulda stopped lying on us when you were at UNC.

6 days until you DIE! Go Canes!

Come Saturday, Butch is just another ninja to me. Nothing personal, all business.

Are they or are they not on the schedule?
That makes them the opposition. The trash talk towards Butch has nothing to do with the schedule. There's no other coach they discuss this way.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I get there point of view they can't see straight cause the hatred. I just end that conversation cause I been there before with the same posters. Im done arguing with them.... but he was the reason we won the 5th title there is no denying it. Diaz won't leave the roster the way Butch did that's 100% opinion (right now) but for me I'm convinced without a shadow of a doubt the next HC is fuqed cause of the recruiting tactics we lack.

You’re dead wrong. I’m not a Butch hater. I totally acknowledge what he did. And what he’s accomplished. I am thankful for his recruiting and his last season at Miami. But I’m also a realist. He did nothing after he left Miami. Nothing.

I wouldn’t be posting about him if people didn’t keep bringing him up continually.

Thank you Butch Davis for building the greatest team known to college football. Thank you for making that U mean something. I thank you for beating the Gator in Nawlins. I thank you for setting up the 5th rang.

But Saturday...it is strictly business. We finna knock yo *** out at the baseball field. You should've never left for Cleveland. We you shoulda stopped lying on us when you were at UNC.

6 days until you DIE! Go Canes!

Attachments

• 9B6371EB-F15F-429E-AC5A-20E72DF11273.gif
    9B6371EB-F15F-429E-AC5A-20E72DF11273.gif
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
It's sad that we have to talk big against FIU.

Even if it was 2001-level talent and Miami was a contender, there would still be big talk against Florida International.

Crosstown rival and a lot of bad blood there; on the baseball field, as well.

Zero reason to not enjoy smacking little sister back into shape and reminding them they'll always be a pretender—and even less reason to take the **** out of hating them and wanting to embarrass them.

Especially with Butch at the helm, these days.

Yeah, he did some great thing for this program that led to a fifth ring and dominant run—but he also recruited negatively against Miami while at North Carolina and was stubborn when it came to mending fences with UM's top brass, which proved to be bad business as it kept him out of the running for the job in both 2011 and 2016. Didn't *apologize* for how he bailed out until that mea culpa in "The U Part 2" when it was too little, too late.

For the record, I wanted him back over the Richt hire—but in the long run appreciate what Richt was able to do for the program infrastructure-wise—but I still don't believe Davis is the second-coming of anything, nor that a return to "The U" at any point over the past decade would've yielded next-level results, as I remember his game-day blunders and flaws all too well from the nineties—recruiting aside.

You’re dead wrong. I’m not a Butch hater. I totally acknowledge what he did. And what he’s accomplished. I am thankful for his recruiting and his last season at Miami. But I’m also a realist. He did nothing after he left Miami. Nothing.

I wouldn’t be posting about him if people didn’t keep bringing him up continually.
He didn't do anything for Miami cause he's not here

Advertisement
Back