Thank You Butch

Let's ignore the fact he took over a team that was basically given the death penalty, probably the most severe penalty handed out after SMU. Let's ignore the fact that his other 2 teams, UNC and FIU are not really, or have ever been football powerhouses. Let's ignore the fact that when UNC was about to dominate and had multiple high draft talent guys, the NCAA stepped in and cut them off before they could get started. People on here want to act like he's supposed to get the same results as an Urban Meyer or Nick Saban, but ignore the fact of what he was up against rebuild wise or where he was trying to do it at.

In the history of this program, only 2 coaches built a team like Butch did, Howard and Jimmy. 2 coaches that in reality could be in the history books as GOATS, if they didn't leave in exactly the same way Butch did, both of which wished they had not left. Only Jimmy had success after he left. Erickson might have won, but he's also the reason Butch took over the team in the condition it was in. Almost 20 years later and we are dying to get even close to that level again.

That's how you argue with that.
Lets ignore the fact that he was so incompetent that he didn't know what was going on with his own staff and players. lets just ignore that fact. When you're the HC you're supposed to know what is going on. That alone what you just wrote makes him look like an incompetent putz....which he is a coach. you are what your record says you are.

Butch also took over a team that just played for the defacto NC and had a whole lot of talent on it for the next two years. lets not act like Butch was destitute when he got the job.

Advertisement
That said, if Butch was our coach, this Canes team is NOT losing to GaTech.

Or the Gatah..
The Canes lost 20 games under Butch. Twice to East Carolina. I liked Botch. But you are overstating his coaching skills.

Even if it was 2001-level talent and Miami was a contender, there would still be big talk against Florida International.

Crosstown rival and a lot of bad blood there; on the baseball field, as well.

Zero reason to not enjoy smacking little sister back into shape and reminding them they'll always be a pretender—and even less reason to take the **** out of hating them and wanting to embarrass them.

Especially with Butch at the helm, these days.

Yeah, he did some great thing for this program that led to a fifth ring and dominant run—but he also recruited negatively against Miami while at North Carolina and was stubborn when it came to mending fences with UM's top brass, which proved to be bad business as it kept him out of the running for the job in both 2011 and 2016. Didn't *apologize* for how he bailed out until that mea culpa in "The U Part 2" when it was too little, too late.

For the record, I wanted him back over the Richt hire—but in the long run appreciate what Richt was able to do for the program infrastructure-wise—but I still don't believe Davis is the second-coming of anything, nor that a return to "The U" at any point over the past decade would've yielded next-level results, as I remember his game-day blunders and flaws all too well from the nineties—recruiting aside.
He was stubborn mending fences with UMs top Brass??....That's a Crock of Sh*t....
Lol...You mean the Top Brass who didn't give af aboutButch & the FB program during his entire tenure??...Those Douchebags who nit picked him into oblivion at every turn??.....
Mannnnn please...

Lets ignore the fact that he was so incompetent that he didn't know what was going on with his own staff and players. lets just ignore that fact. When you're the HC you're supposed to know what is going on. That alone what you just wrote makes him look like an incompetent putz....which he is a coach. you are what your record says you are.

Butch also took over a team that just played for the defacto NC and had a whole lot of talent on it for the next two years. lets not act like Butch was destitute when he got the job.
Name this whole Lotta talent besides a few??

Personal attacks
Thank you Butch Davis for building the greatest team known to college football. Thank you for making that U mean something. I thank you for beating the Gator in Nawlins. I thank you for setting up the 5th rang.

But Saturday...it is strictly business. We finna knock yo *** out at the baseball field. You should've never left for Cleveland. We you shoulda stopped lying on us when you were at UNC.

6 days until you DIE! Go Canes!
another dummie

Advertisement
Advertisement
Didn't say that....Grassy started in 97/98...and because of the 2000-04 teams thrived.....

Every team had a message board around 2000 to 2004.

Brian, Grassy was a fan and jumped on the message board thing early, like a lot of people. Someone smarter than them consolidated all of those in Scout or Rivals and the rest is history. Even Rutgers and Temple had boards.

Name all this talent Erickson left him (please include the 11 schollies right off jump)....
Still waiting for this plethora of talent you mentioned.....
So you mean to tell me there wasn't 5 first round picks on that team?

Duane starks
Ray Lewis
Burgess
Holmes
Green
German
Ferguson
Little
McMillan
Jones
Symonette
Jones

You're right they had no talent at all. None. Butch needs his fluffing now.

Advertisement
So you mean to tell me there wasn't 5 first round picks on that team?

Duane starks
Ray Lewis
Burgess
Holmes
Green
German
Ferguson
Little
McMillan
Jones
Symonette
Jones

You're right they had no talent at all. None. Butch needs his fluffing now.
Thats what you call Whole Lotta talent??...Lol...No QBs....No OLmen besides K.C...

Advertisement
Lewis was there for 1yr....Wheres the QBs??....Symonette was nothing....Butch made Earl Little and Starks...not Erickson....Stop your nonsense....
He had talent **** boi. That’s the point. Keep sucking off a career corch who has 1 double digit winning season to his name. Definition of corch according the CIS.

All those pics and talent and only 1 double digit win. Straight corch

He had talent **** boi. That’s the point. Keep sucking off a career corch who has 1 double digit winning season to his name. Definition of corch according the CIS.

All those pics and talent and only 1 double digit win. Straight corch
Shhhhhh...Go to bed....Lol at Erickson leaving him lots of talent.....

Advertisement
Back