Thank You Butch

In CaneinOrlando's 2nd installment of Butch kids....
13103480_1056756484363776_4370562637255679469_n.jpg

Advertisement
Butch gets an A+++++ for spotting talent (both in terms of players and staff members) a B+ for player development, and an F- for gameday coaching.

That's what I want in our next HC.....I want a savage that lies and gets kids to sign and kicks *** on the field vs GT
So Butch. I'm with you. I love Butch but I do want to kick his rear on our holey ground. It is ours not his or any coach's. We are not the school that horsewhips god-like coaches, that is bama, psu and noles. Our players won 5 title with four different coaches. I am not sure any school has won titles with 4 different coaches. I think Bama has two gods and one former player, OU one god and two other coaches, ND one god and two other coaches, USC one god and one coach, OSU on god, one cheater and one *****. Can anyone think of some school with 4?

Advertisement
Do Miami win or lose that game? Fact is, he's a below average game day coach, which showed that day.
If you could recruit like Butch Frigging Davis, you could be a below average game day coach, get NFL HC job and regret leaving THE U too. If you where as smart as Larry Coker and just let Ken and Ed coach the team on game day, you could even win a NC. JJ blew three NCs because he got our coached in one game a year in 3 our of 4 years. At least Butch got out coached by a former Miami Hurricane QB.

Advertisement
Better then what Diaz will do that I can guarantee. If that's your argument it's valid but I guarantee that Butch left a better squad then Diaz will leave when he's fired.
It's not valid, Butch won 11 games and beat FSU (who got to play in our title game) and UF and ended the season #2. He also is a hundred percent the reason we went to back to back title games the following 2 years. We have dreamed about being back to that level ever since he and his players left.

Not sure how anyone can argue with that.

Let's ignore the fact he took over a team that was basically given the death penalty, probably the most severe penalty handed out after SMU. Let's ignore the fact that his other 2 teams, UNC and FIU are not really, or have ever been football powerhouses. Let's ignore the fact that when UNC was about to dominate and had multiple high draft talent guys, the NCAA stepped in and cut them off before they could get started. People on here want to act like he's supposed to get the same results as an Urban Meyer or Nick Saban, but ignore the fact of what he was up against rebuild wise or where he was trying to do it at.

In the history of this program, only 2 coaches built a team like Butch did, Howard and Jimmy. 2 coaches that in reality could be in the history books as GOATS, if they didn't leave in exactly the same way Butch did, both of which wished they had not left. Only Jimmy had success after he left. Erickson might have won, but he's also the reason Butch took over the team in the condition it was in. Almost 20 years later and we are dying to get even close to that level again.

That's how you argue with that.

Advertisement
Let's ignore the fact he took over a team that was basically given the death penalty, probably the most severe penalty handed out after SMU. Let's ignore the fact that his other 2 teams, UNC and FIU are not really, or have ever been football powerhouses. Let's ignore the fact that when UNC was about to dominate and had multiple high draft talent guys, the NCAA stepped in and cut them off before they could get started. People on here want to act like he's supposed to get the same results as an Urban Meyer or Nick Saban, but ignore the fact of what he was up against rebuild wise or where he was trying to do it at.

In the history of this program, only 2 coaches built a team like Butch did, Howard and Jimmy. 2 coaches that in reality could be in the history books as GOATS, if they didn't leave in exactly the same way Butch did, both of which wished they had not left. Only Jimmy had success after he left. Erickson might have won, but he's also the reason Butch took over the team in the condition it was in. Almost 20 years later and we are dying to get even close to that level again.

That's how you argue with that.
Howard and JJ weren't down 31 schollies...
Howard and JJ simply did not build a team like Butchs...and certainly not down 31 schollies...

It's not valid, Butch won 11 games and beat FSU (who got to play in our title game) and UF and ended the season #2. He also is a hundred percent the reason we went to back to back title games the following 2 years. We have dreamed about being back to that level ever since he and his players left.
I get there point of view they can't see straight cause the hatred. I just end that conversation cause I been there before with the same posters. Im done arguing with them.... but he was the reason we won the 5th title there is no denying it. Diaz won't leave the roster the way Butch did that's 100% opinion (right now) but for me I'm convinced without a shadow of a doubt the next HC is fuqed cause of the recruiting tactics we lack.

Advertisement
What puzzles me the most is the people who post he lost to ECU twice and bang on that rant Everytime. My thing is those same posters allow don't rip Diaz when he loses to GT GT etc ......I just don't get it. We are far more superior then those squads and have no probation.

Edit: my bad our probation is this staph and leadership in the building that allows the football program to be trash.

Advertisement
Back