Thank you Butch Davis

Movie Theater GIF by A24
857FA96A-CC52-4C6D-AFF3-560D8429CD17.gif

Advertisement
Howard HATED the BOT....Left for more $$$$$$....Gets Pass
JJ HATED the BOT.....Left for more $$$$$$.....Gets Pass
Butch HATED the BOT.....Left for more $$$$$$.....Gets Hammered....Lol.....Seems to me the problem has been the BOT over the course of 37yrs.....

Youll never ******* get it doofus. NO ONE blames him for leaving. It’s him making himself look like some kind of victim when he came back around looking for the job again after two total failures.

He’s never taken an ounce of responsibility for how he left here.

Want proof? His prized simp is here regurgitating the same talking points he’s still out there spewing.

I came across this link last year. Any thoughts after reading it? It’s in reference to Davis possibly going to Bama years ago......

I came across this link last year. Any thoughts after reading it? It’s in reference to Davis possibly going to Bama years ago......

Even most of the Bama fans didnt blame Butch....Lol....Why leave UM after enduring NCAA Sanctions....to jump directly into more Sanctions??
And F*ck that "Handshake" BS....At the same time this was going down....The Browns offered him a 3 million $$ a yr raise.....and UMs azzwipe BOT had the nerve to insult him with his buyout contract....helluva counter I tell ya....Even Shannon had to suit for his $$$$$....Absolute Clown show....

Last edited:
Even most of the Bama fans didnt blame Butch....Lol....Why leave UM after enduring NCAA Sanctions....to jump directly into more Sanctions??
And F*ck that "Handshake" BS....At the same time this was going down....The Browns offered him a 3 million $$ a yr raise.....and UMs azzwipe BOT had the nerve to insult him with his buyout contract....helluva counter I tell ya....Even Shannon had to suit for his $$$$$....Absolute Clown show....
What did UM’s BOT do in regards to Butch and a buyout? I’m not familiar with it. Are you saying that Butch’s old contract contained a buyout clause if he left and they enforced it or are you saying that there was some kind of insulting buyout clause in the new contract they were working on, and if so, what was it/what was insulting/unusual…?

Advertisement
What did UM’s BOT do in regards to Butch and a buyout? I’m not familiar with it. Are you saying that Butch’s old contract contained a buyout clause if he left and they enforced it or are you saying that there was some kind of insulting buyout clause in the new contract they were working on, and if so, what was it/what was insulting/unusual…?
He'd have to pay 90% of his buyout on New contract...

I wouldn't begrudge a person trying to make more or move to another opportunity for the challenge. I thank Butch for all he did to get us back on track. It's been over 20 years. I've forgiven Butch for anything that happened in 2000 and I suspects he regrets the way it all ended up more than any of us do.

I wouldn't begrudge a person trying to make more or move to another opportunity for the challenge. I thank Butch for all he did to get us back on track. It's been over 20 years. I've forgiven Butch for anything that happened in 2000 and I suspects he regrets the way it all ended up more than any of us do.
He does regret it...and still Loves UM....We've all made Hasty decisions in our Lives that turned out to be wrong....

I normally don't speak for @Poopscoop because I already know his feelings about Butch and Chuck....
Its beating a dead horse. People on here are going to think what they want. Thats on them. Most times on here when people have opinions its inaccurate. So why should this be any different. All these wanna be scholars who dont know **** but pretend theyre on the board or something. I was really hoping no one knew the chaange of name. Clearly not the case. Oh well.

Advertisement
He'd have to pay 90% of his buyout on New contract...
I’m sorry, I’m not following. Usually, when there’s a buyout, it decreases in amount as the time served increases. The buyout is usually paid by the new employer if they want the coach - at least I think that’s how it works??

Its beating a dead horse. People on here are going to think what they want. Thats on them. Most times on here when people have opinions its inaccurate. So why should this be any different. All these wanna be scholars who dont know **** but pretend theyre on the board or something. I was really hoping no one knew the chaange of name. Clearly not the case. Oh well.
Sorry D...wasnt even aware....You'd have thought that I would have listened to you umpteen times...but I wont let BS untruths go....P.S...these dudes still think your Leon Williams...Lol

Just change it again.

Sorry D...wasnt even aware....You'd have thought that I would have listened to you umpteen times...but I wont let BS untruths go....P.S...these dudes still think your Leon Williams...Lol
Your punishment will be no Italian pork cutlet and broccoli rabe subs for 1 month.

Advertisement
I’m sorry, I’m not following. Usually, when there’s a buyout, it decreases in amount as the time served increases. The buyout is usually paid by the new employer if they want the coach - at least I think that’s how it works??
UM wanted Butch to pay 90% of his buyout...

Advertisement
UM wanted Butch to pay 90% of his buyout...

That’s good then. Most coaches have to pay 100% of their buyouts.

If you’re implying he had to pay 90% of his salary then hahahhahahhhahha hhahahahahhahahahahhahahahhahaaaaaaa.

To leave under his existing contract. Don’t those contracts have buyout amounts stipulated and they reduce as time goes on accordingly, per the contract?
Not sure....but UM should have handed him the keys to Coral Gables after the BS they put him through....Lol at 1.4 million a yr for 8 yrs for developing the Greatest team ever...Cheap MFers.....Give Golden and Richt Millions more though....Typical Dumb *** UM BOT...

Not sure....but UM should have handed him the keys to Coral Gables after the BS they put him through....Lol at 1.4 million a yr for 8 yrs for developing the Greatest team ever...Cheap MFers...
They all made business decisions. Butch made one by going to Cleveland for more money and it sounds like UM made one asking for money they had a right to contractually - I’m assuming they at least had that right. Companies are always harsh like that. Doesn’t matter what the employee did for them, now they’re leaving and they want what they’re owed.

Advertisement
Back