Thad Franklin Walked Out of Practice

This is obviously embarrassing and inexcusable on Franklin’s part but how would you feel if your future career prospects were being sabotaged by a group of grossly incompetent coaches?

I’m sure he had made his frustrations clear privately before this. Today was probably his breaking point. Everyone has their limit.

I hope he’s able to transfer to a program that will use his talent properly. The kid can obviously play. It’s unfortunate we have a group of coaches who can’t see that.

Advertisement
This is obviously embarrassing and inexcusable on Franklin’s part but how would you feel if your future career prospects were being sabotaged by a group of grossly incompetent coaches?

I’m sure he had made his frustrations clear privately before this. Today was probably his breaking point. Everyone has their limit.

I hope he’s able to transfer to a program that will use his talent properly. The kid can obviously play. It’s unfortunate we have a group of coaches who can’t see that.
Lol blaming the coaches for this...where do you fools come from?

So, a young man allegedly saunters off the practice field and then Thad's camp sends out word he's not yet in the portal. Sounds like semantics and ultimately probably not Thad's decision to make. Suspect Thad will be shown the door and Mario's support staff tasked with helping locate a landing spot.

So, a young man allegedly saunters off the practice field and then Thad's camp sends out word he's not yet in the portal. Sounds like semantics and ultimately probably not Thad's decision to make. Suspect Thad will be shown the door and Mario's support staff tasked with helping locate a landing spot.
**** helping him find a new home. Once you walk off the field in the middle of practice you just basically told us **** off and forfeited your spot.

Advertisement

02167502-0AA8-474E-8A41-3277B4A2BD6B.gif

id instruct him/her to do it properly (2 weeks notice and close out what you need unless the place is absolutely toxic and creating internal issues (mental, physical health)).

i alos wouldnt judge him/her like i would an adult bc theyre kids. theyre still immature, learning, and growing up. this is their first experience on their own. everyone has a different style of teaching and parenting but i found myself to be quite successful in achieving what i have doing it my way. to each their own i guess.

regardless, mario was right in this regard. there is no debate imo about it. those parenst should have taken it up with mario. from the insiders, the two coaches that found themselves w this mess are fired anyways bc they suck at their jobs and are toxic.

regarding thad, he wasnt playing and this was no shock. this is just bc someone made it public but im sure every school in america has issues with their players that involve walking off every year. maybe mario works wiht thad, maybe he doesnt. i wouldnt lose sleep anyways. he didnt play much and wasnt good. we need bodies who will contribute bc it certainly wont be an often injured chaney and having citizen coming off knee surgery is a hit or miss in the first year back as well. cant just rely on 21 and 4 all year if we want to do real winning.
We need the space
On The Way Moon GIF by Kresnt
and knowing that he would be asked to go............he may have left a littel early .More to follow.

Advertisement

The young man is obviously frustrated and should be embarrassed by his sinking status on the roster. That said, suggesting coaches sabotaged his prospects is quite a reach. The RB room has been hit by injury and in desperate need all season for a fresh body, anyone to spell Parrish. Lately, so desperate coaches turned to a walk-on yanked from the scrap heap in August. Thad's feelings may have further been hurt with a healthy Chaney about to take his snaps.

Let him leave…

There’s a play towards the end of the GT game where he is in and completely whifffs on block on a blitzing safety or corner I mean completely misses him and puts JB in a immediate dump or take the sack position… he drops the tear drop pass and he flops on his belly…

He’s just so bad…. These past two years with injuries should have been an amazing opportunity for him to set himself apart and run away with the job… instead he runs like Bambi and like others have said has shown that 190lb RBs deserve goal line and 3rd and short reps over him

Advertisement
just a hunch:

QB Garcia, Matocha
RB Franklin
WR K.Smith, Redding
TE Mallory, Mamarelli
OL Scaife, Traore, Washington, Oluwaseun
DE Agude, Davis, Ishmael, Roberts
DT Lichtenstein, Moultrie, Miller
LB Huff, Ragone, Steed, Johnson
DB Ivey, Blades, Frierson, Couch

Several of these guys don't have eligibility left. But unless you're just listing everyone leaving, either due to eligibility or being pushed out?

just a hunch:

QB Garcia, Matocha
RB Franklin
WR K.Smith, Redding
TE Mallory, Mamarelli
QB Garcia, Matocha
RB Franklin
WR K.Smith, Redding
TE Mallory, Mamarelli
Fans* Rok

Advertisement
nobody's saying it's okay. he obviously needs to grow up and become mature. having said that, "i hope nobody wishes him well" is a frankly insane thing to say about a 20 year old with his whole life ahead of him. y'all need to grow up too, it seems.
When did I say not to wish him well? I hope he learns something from this and becomes an upstanding member of society. I also think this behavior makes him look like an asshat punk and he needs to grow up fast because the world outside the college football bubble isn’t going to be nice to him just because he was a good athlete in high school… both things can be true.

Advertisement
Back