Thad Franklin Walked Out of Practice

Thad is big. Last year he showed up looking like a full back and this year even though he slimmed down he didn't have the vision or football IQ to hit the right hole or lower his shoulder and bulldoze someone on 3rd and 1. instead he'd jump cut and go down at the line of scrimmage

I don't have anything against him and unlike some others I hope he turns things around because sometimes a change or scenery or a humbling experience can help people get back on track, but I'm not upset in the least that he's gone.

I don't blame the staff either. He was given plenty of opportunities and was always the worst back whenever we played meaningful competition.

Advertisement
Why was he underachieving?

Was it just because of him or was he not put in a position to succeed?

Thad Franklin had tremendous high school production. He was a consensus elite prospect. Then he averaged almost 8 YPC last season under Lashlee, albeit in limited action.

The talent is absolutely there.

If there was a motivation or maturity issue, isn’t that something the staff should’ve looked to correct? Instead of ostracizing the young man and pushing him out of the program?

This is yet another failure in a long long of failures by this staff. Hopefully everyone on the offensive side of the ball - sans Mirabal - is let go and we get some competent folks in there next season.
He's fat.

Advertisement
That’s definitely fair, friend.

My criticism is more geared towards the fact that the staff obviously treated him poorly enough that he grew uncomfortable and frustrated here to the point where he left the field in the middle of practice. For a player to snap like that, there definitely has to more going on than simply “tough coaching”.

It would be one thing if they just benched him and encouraged him to work harder. But it appears something far more nefarious took place here.

And as I said yesterday, this staff is in no position to play any sort of hardball. They have accomplished nothing together and the leader of the brigade has an extremely dubious + unremarkable resume.
You have no gd idea how they treated him. Maybe they bent over backwards. But, when young kids get that bug up their asses and think they know more about what they don’t know generally there is no coming back. Hindsight is a great equalizer, experience a true teacher of reality. Had I had a coach like Mario drop the hammer on me, just maybe it would have jump started my CFB journey, instead of me strong headedly ending it. Sometimes ya just gotta cut your nose off to spite your face, just to smell the roses. Kids,.. go figure.#CANESNATIONLIFER🙌🏽

Unbelievably sad.

This staff is embarrassing.

Our *** schtick is way better than the real you.

My criticism is more geared towards the fact that the staff obviously treated him poorly enough that he grew uncomfortable and frustrated here to the point where he left the field in the middle of practice. For a player to snap like that, there definitely has to more going on than simply “tough coaching”.

It would be one thing if they just benched him and encouraged him to work harder. But it appears something far more nefarious took place here.

And as I said yesterday, this staff is in no position to play any sort of hardball. They have accomplished nothing together and the leader of the brigade has an extremely dubious + unremarkable resume.
Lot of assumptions here brah, and I'm pretty open to ripping on the staff.

He's fat.
Music Video Vintage GIF

Advertisement

1668820301942.png

We knew this was gonna happen, five backs were not returning.. Only reason this happened now is because guys got injured.. Like some mentioned before camp, RB coach was not gonna tell his player to transfer not to play, he was a lock.. #4 was half way out the door a few days ago himself.. Chaney and Citizen were the guys who probably would have played alot and they were injured.. Franklin still couldnt get carries..

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back