Thad Franklin Walked Out of Practice

Advertisement
lol, of all the things to put on the staff this year, you're mad with them letting an underachieving, immature player walk? ok man

Why was he underachieving?

Was it just because of him or was he not put in a position to succeed?

Thad Franklin had tremendous high school production. He was a consensus elite prospect. Then he averaged almost 8 YPC last season under Lashlee, albeit in limited action.

The talent is absolutely there.

If there was a motivation or maturity issue, isn’t that something the staff should’ve looked to correct? Instead of ostracizing the young man and pushing him out of the program?

This is yet another failure in a long long of failures by this staff. Hopefully everyone on the offensive side of the ball - sans Mirabal - is let go and we get some competent folks in there next season.

Thad Franklin had tremendous high school production. He was a consensus elite prospect. Then he averaged almost 8 YPC last season under Lashlee, albeit in limited action.

If there was a motivation or maturity issue, isn’t that something the staff should’ve looked to correct? Instead of ostracizing the young man and pushing him out of the program?

This is yet another failure in a long long of failures by this staff. Hopefully everyone on the offensive side of the ball - sans Mirabal - is let go and we get some competent folks in there next season.

I liked Franklin a ton coming out, but he wasn’t a consensus elite prospect lol. He wasn’t even a top 250 kid, let’s stop that lol.

What happened here? We probably will never truly know the 100% truth. Probably plenty of blame to go around but I am not going to wipe the kid from all of it and 100% blame the offensive staff, as underwhelming as they have been. He had his opportunities this year on Saturdays and did nothing with them. Wish the kid luck and move on.

****, sounds like Earl Campbell left the building. Who knew?

He also averaged 8.7 against Bethune Cookman

Another awful take

TrumpyCane thinks it’s shocking Parrish is having a pretty good season and Knighton has responded well the last game after being in the doghouse

Guess only Thad should be coddled

Another horrific take by you

Advertisement
Probably plenty of blame to go around but I am not going to wipe the kid from all of it and 100% blame the offensive staff, as underwhelming as they have been. He had his opportunities this year on Saturdays and did nothing with them. Wish the kid luck and move on.

That’s definitely fair, friend.

My criticism is more geared towards the fact that the staff obviously treated him poorly enough that he grew uncomfortable and frustrated to the point where he left the field in the middle of practice. For a player to snap like that, there definitely has to more going on than simply “tough coaching”.

It would be one thing if they just benched him and encouraged him to work harder. But it appears something far more nefarious took place here.

And as I said yesterday, this staff is in no position to play any sort of hardball. They have accomplished nothing together and the leader of the brigade has an extremely dubious + unremarkable resume.

Last edited:
I liked Franklin a ton coming out, but he wasn’t a consensus elite prospect lol. He wasn’t even a top 250 kid, let’s stop that lol.

What happened here? We probably will never truly know the 100% truth. Probably plenty of blame to go around but I am not going to wipe the kid from all of it and 100% blame the offensive staff, as underwhelming as they have been. He had his opportunities this year on Saturdays and did nothing with them. Wish the kid luck and move on.

TrumpyCane knows it’s because he’s lazy, he’s overweight. How else does a walk on from UAB take his reps?

The talent is absolutely there

Hi there.

Let me direct you to the following image from a post I made after UNC.

I think this was one of the plays that landed him in the dog house. We would not get any points on this drive even though we had 1st and goal at the 3. The red arrow from Franklin is where he should have gone because the red arrow from his blocker seals the outside on #9. When that edge got sealed it was a literal walk into the end zone. A 95 year old man using a walker would have scored with time to spare. Instead of that, Franklin would eventually run inside and right into #98's chest for no gain. Critical play in a one score game.

miami.PNG

That’s definitely fair, friend.

My criticism is more geared towards the fact that the staff obviously treated him poorly enough that he grew uncomfortable and frustrated here to the point where he left the field in the middle of practice like he did. For a player to snap like that, there definitely has to more going on than simply “tough coaching”.

It would be one thing if they just benched him and encouraged him to work harder. But it appears something far more nefarious took place here.

And as I said yesterday, this staff is in no position to play any sort of hardball. They have accomplished nothing together and the leader of the brigade has a dubious -at best - resume.

A lot of assumptions here my man. Again, we likely will never know the truth. They could have done exactly that and then once Chaney began fully practicing, he immediately jumps in front of Thad and the kid just snapped after having an underwhelming season. A few different possible scenario’s could have happened. Again, WE DON’T KNOW so you nor myself can say what “definitely” took place here. We don’t know the kid or what takes places Sun-Fri every week.

Advertisement

Lot of players are really good in hs but that doesn’t mean they are going to be good college players. Just like there are great college players who won’t be good in the nfl

We've had a connected person tell us the previous staff even regretted taking Franklin. So, that's 2 staffs and he hasn't been able to get out of his own way.

Lot of players are really good in hs but that doesn’t mean they are going to be good college players. Just like there are great college players who won’t be good in the nfl
Saw it first hand with a close friend of mine that was FL Mr. Football. Had some good to great college games, but never really was able to string it all together. Talent was through the roof too.

Advertisement
Dam Gilbert entered too? He has actually put film out that was good. Don’t know what happened there. Felt he would’ve responded to this staff. Although it seems we went from country club to a military school

So if Parrish doesn’t play, we’re down to Knighton, Stanley and who? Unless Chaney miraculously returns…

Advertisement
I don't know why people continue to engage with this guy. He clearly enjoys ruffling feathers for fun and you guys take the bait hook line and sinker.

Advertisement
Back