TerrEnce not TerrAnce Lewis 1.0 - 5.0 (merged) - Picks Maryland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the difference. Those who say "Huff and TAC will be good to very good LBS" have no evidence for it. And those who say, "Huff and TAC haven't shown anything that they will be good to very LBS for us" have a point. Small point, but sill a greater point than the other side. Enjoy your night.
Except, again, that is not what you said. You said they are not those guys three games into their careers, not that they haven’t shown it yet (which, again, after three games, I’m not sure what you are expecting). Small point, but still a greater point than the other side.

Advertisement
He looked so bad SO SO SO BAD

Im like I told these dudes they wouldnt listen to me, not UM caliber at all. If ALL the big Texas schools letting u go im not looking at u either. BUT like Yearby they defend the HS stat.............som fans laugh at Dorito for that film of recruiting but they act just like him.
A rod needs to hook him up with some steroids or something

it was like watching those hs highlight clips and u see kids just physically inferior looking and tiny that’s what it looked like

move him to fb teach him to block
Bc man he’s not it
Makes glen cook look like Shannon sharpe

Don’t really care about numbers, they can be skewed based on competition. Talent, coaching, and developmt. Bama, Ohio St, Clemson, UGA are the four schools that all meet that criteria. LSU, Wisconsin, Utah are a few more schools that have a couple of those traits but not all three.

IMO, Miami has some high level talent (Phillips, Bolden, Silvera & Roche to an extent), but lacks coaching and development to be a championship level defense
I mean you can’t be talking about offensively right? LBs yes, CBs is a recruiting issues, Banda has put kids in the league and so has Stroud. The only place where there’s a legit concern is LB and the recruiting at CB.

Except, again, that is not what you said. You said they are not those guys three games into their careers, not that they haven’t shown it yet (which, again, after three games, I’m not sure what you are expecting). Small point, but still a greater point than the other side.
the other side is already crowning them as the next great LBs lol. My original response was to a guy who was singing the praises of Huff and TAC and all I asked was, "what have they shown to date to make you say that"? And the facts is, those two LBs haven't shown that they are. Maybe they are, maybe they are not. For me, you are free to disagree, but I don't think they have shown that they are that guy. I won't be responding anymore to you. Feel free to have the last word. You have earned it.

the other side is already crowning them as the next great LBs lol. My original response was to a guy who was singing the praises of Huff and TAC and all I asked was, "what have they shown to date to make you say that"? And the facts is, those two LBs haven't shown that they are. Maybe they are, maybe they are not. For me, you are free to disagree, but I don't think they have shown that they are that guy. I won't be responding anymore to you. Feel free to have the last word. You have earned it.
Don’t know about Huff but TAC looked great in space and looks to be coming along nicely SC wise. I would expect him to either be starting or heavily in the rotation by seasons end. He’s a fluid athlete who knows how to find the ball.

Advertisement
You’re right. Blades graduated high school a year before me. I was just thinking of younger guys who got thrown in the fire under Butch because we just had no other options.

Yeah, you still have a strong point about the need to play freshmen back then. There were also some kids that Butch booted/suspended:

Jammi German
James Burgess
Jeff Taylor
Ricky Perry
Derrick Ham

And, tragically, the murder of Marlin Barnes.

He went 2-6 vs FSU and VT over those four years, including 1999 by a combined 43 points.

Oh lord, another Butch-hater who is going to obsess over losses to F$U and VaTech while Miami was WRECKED with 31 scholarship losses, multiple player suspensions, and one player was murdered.

Plus, F$U won a national championship during that time.

But, yeah, let's hate on Butch some more for losing to two powerful rivals when Miami was at its weakest.

Oh lord, another Butch-hater who is going to obsess over losses to F$U and VaTech while Miami was WRECKED with 31 scholarship losses, multiple player suspensions, and one player was murdered.

Plus, F$U won a national championship during that time.

But, yeah, let's hate on Butch some more for losing to two powerful rivals when Miami was at its weakest.

I don't hate Butch.

He said he gave the NCAA the finger for four years starting in 1997. Usually you do that by winning.

He actully didn't win much for the majority of those 4 years.

So the middle finger reference seemed a little hyperbolic.

I don't hate Butch.

He said he gave the NCAA the finger for four years after 1997. Usually you do that by winning.

He actully didn't win much for the majority of those 4 years.

So the middle finger reference seemed a little hyperbolic.

Are you kidding me? The NCAA was not our opponent.

Butch gave the NCAA the finger by finding ways to minimize the scholarship sanctions. Surely you can grasp that simple truth.

And you didn't mention "winning" generally, you singled out the losses to F$U and VaTech. Which every Butch-hater does.

Advertisement
My buddy is Miami PD and apparently Lewis had a run-in with police the other day.
Got his car towed then got aggressive with the cops. Cursing, threatening, etc. It almost got out-of-hand.
Lol but the board said he trespassed on somebody’s property. Hehehe

Don’t worry mods I ain’t answering any responses.

Besides the three freshman linebackers who started for Manny in 2016, the only other freshman linebacker starter at Miami I can think of is Ray Lewis and even he didn’t start until about mid season 1993.
Started out of necessity
Two LBs got kicked off the team and one (Owens) got injured. We literally had no one else lol

Advertisement
Development? What do you think your not seeing?
McCloud, Brooks, Jennings, Ivey, Hall, Ford, Harvey from this years D.

Quarterman, Pickney, Bandy were the same player when they left as when they arrived.

Miami will always put guys in the league because they recruit a lot of good athletes. Problem is, many of them never reach their full potential while at Miami

I mean you can’t be talking about offensively right? LBs yes, CBs is a recruiting issues, Banda has put kids in the league and so has Stroud. The only place where there’s a legit concern is LB and the recruiting at CB.
The conversation is about defense.

Are you kidding me? The NCAA was not our opponent.

Butch gave the NCAA the finger by finding ways to minimize the scholarship sanctions. Surely you can grasp that simple truth.

And you didn't mention "winning" generally, you singled out the losses to F$U and VaTech. Which every Butch-hater does.

I don't hate Butch. I was there every week win or lose, a hard core supporter during the sanctions because I understood what he was going through. I was crushed when he left.

What I hate is the revisionist history some here continue to write about his tenure here.

He didn't minimize sanctions. We were terrible during sanctions. He recruited masterfully coming out of them, developing the greatest team ever. But he never outschemed anyone here during the tough times. He struggled constantly, barely beating truly terrible teams and got beat and most of the time spanked, by just about every good one.

Once he got this roster he needed, he started dominating. But not a day before that.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I don't hate Butch. I was there every week win or lose, a hard core supporter during the sanctions because I understood what he was going through. I was crushed when he left.

What I hate is the revisionist history some here continue to write about his tenure here.

He didn't minimize sanctions. We were terrible during sanctions. He recruited masterfully coming out of them, developing the greatest team ever. But he never outschemed anyone here during the tough times. He struggled constantly, barely beating truly terrible teams and got beat and most of the time spanked, by just about every good one.

Once he got this roster he needed, he started dominating. But not a day before that.
Butch is a college football Gawd. Get used two it.

A rod needs to hook him up with some steroids or something

it was like watching those hs highlight clips and u see kids just physically inferior looking and tiny that’s what it looked like

move him to fb teach him to block
Bc man he’s not it
Makes glen cook look like Shannon sharpe
But they said he was good on this forum that he was mvp or some ****....which means absolutely nothing in HS. The speed thing was alarming and I can't believe good posters here didn't see it. Imagine he's not fast in HS for the position imagine in the ACC when things get faster. Blind homers bruh.....like Jimbo was going to allow a stud linebacker slip away from his hands.

Reactions: jsy

I've been a season ticket holder for 40 years and this is the closest thing I've seen to the truth about the Butch years. I used to hate when he would push is bangs constantly away from his eyes when things weren't going right.

I still want him unless he legit gets in trouble now or he gets in trouble while here.

I don't care about what ifs or cursing at the cops. **** I have done that before when I was young so.....I don't think cursing at the cops or anyone can really do damage especially if u young and dumb. Either the light comes on or comes off.....I wouldn't be as desperate for an elite linebacker if our first round talent like Jennings and Flagg were taking care of business.

They relaxed on linebackers and now we are desperate that's on the coaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back