TerrEnce not TerrAnce Lewis 1.0 - 5.0 (merged) - Picks Maryland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
What from Huff and TAC have you seen to make you say "they have promise"? They have four tackles between them on the season and to their career here. Stop with the "athletic ability". You sound like D' Onfrio. I don't see Huff, TAC, or Brooks being apart of LBU. They aren't even in the same area code as Shaq and Pinck, let alone the Bermuda Triangle, Ray, Morgan, Vilma, DJ, Spence, or Beason. College Football today doesn't wait for players to become good their Jr years; they have two years max to show they can play at a championship level. I'm sorry, for coming across as a jerk, dude, that's not my intention. I just don't see Huff, Brooks, or TAC being LBs on a championship defense.....and that's what we need.

I agree with you in a bubble
While they have the physical tools there is no signs of having the instincts that our top tier guys had
Those guys showed out the first chance they got
Kind of like Roseau

but I think if you surround them with a top dline and secondary I think they can more than enough hold their own

like I don’t see them carrying a defense like a dan Morgan who would literally make every tackle if need be
But look at Clemson they win with much worse lbs they’ll have an occasionally stud but most of the guys are just jags who play within the system but since they have nfl level dline and secondary they contribute enough

Advertisement
What tools?
Stop being an obtuse nonce. Their size, speed, and shuttle times are their initial tools, which we are getting from HS tape and practice reports from people who know more than either of us. Again, no one is saying these guys are championship caliber today, just that there are more tools than guys in recent years. Love Shaq and Pinckney but they were limited athletically. They were not great in coverage and got beat to the edge often.

Huff and Brooks in particular are big, fast, have the change of direction. TAC has the speed but is a little undersized. Hopefully they will put it together, maybe they won’t, but making some form of a decision after three games is absurd. And for the record, I would be saying the same if Brooks had 10 tackles in a game (which he did, last year).

That was the class that literally started it all.....Lol...The evaluating brilliance of Butch....(while giving the NCAA the middle finger for the next 4yrs)

He went 2-6 vs FSU and VT over those four years, including 1999 by a combined 43 points.

Who cares if Lewis starts? He would play a ton and his speed and violence is something Miami is missing at linebacker right now. I’m aware there is inexperience and i love Austin-cave and Huff, but this kid is a grown dog right there. Ed Reed could help Lewis become a man.

Advertisement
F4 comparison sake! Who has a good/ great championship level defense by da numbers or your opinion?
Don’t really care about numbers, they can be skewed based on competition. Talent, coaching, and developmt. Bama, Ohio St, Clemson, UGA are the four schools that all meet that criteria. LSU, Wisconsin, Utah are a few more schools that have a couple of those traits but not all three.

IMO, Miami has some high level talent (Phillips, Bolden, Silvera & Roche to an extent), but lacks coaching and development to be a championship level defense

Advertisement
also to add that he played for a perennial powerhouse at north shore and anchored their defense. made the game-winning tackle in a goal line stand to win them the state title.
And was named Defensive Player of the Game

Don’t really care about numbers, they can be skewed based on competition. Talent, coaching, and developmt. Bama, Ohio St, Clemson, UGA are the four schools that all meet that criteria. LSU, Wisconsin, Utah are a few more schools that have a couple of those traits but not all three.

IMO, Miami has some high level talent (Phillips, Bolden, Silvera & Roche to an extent), but lacks coaching and development to be a championship level defense
Development? What do you think your not seeing?

Advertisement
Stop being an obtuse nonce. Their size, speed, and shuttle times are their initial tools, which we are getting from HS tape and practice reports from people who know more than either of us. Again, no one is saying these guys are championship caliber today, just that there are more tools than guys in recent years. Love Shaq and Pinckney but they were limited athletically. They were not great in coverage and got beat to the edge often.

Huff and Brooks in particular are big, fast, have the change of direction. TAC has the speed but is a little undersized. Hopefully they will put it together, maybe they won’t, but making some form of a decision after three games is absurd. And for the record, I would be saying the same if Brooks had 10 tackles in a game (which he did, last year).
Here's the difference. Those who say "Huff and TAC will be good to very good LBS" have no evidence for it. And those who say, "Huff and TAC haven't shown anything that they will be good to very LBS for us" have a point. Small point, but sill a greater point than the other side. Enjoy your night.

is he the short chunky looking lb out there I think he is 11
I had to do a double take when I saw him
I thought it was the punter
He looked so bad SO SO SO BAD

Im like I told these dudes they wouldnt listen to me, not UM caliber at all. If ALL the big Texas schools letting u go im not looking at u either. BUT like Yearby they defend the HS stat.............som fans laugh at Dorito for that film of recruiting but they act just like him.

I giv u uga and baga! but haven't seen taint yet and disagree with clemson backers don't have speed and secondary is very suspect especially the safeties.

I have zero faith in flag. Might as well move him to DE or something I dunno. I just can't see him doing anything here. Special teams captain, secrete enforcer or scissors. Trying to be patient with Jennings but I'm tired of him to.
hes so bad and dudes defended this kid, I saw him vs FSU and said holy **** hes worse then I thought. He looked slow in the HS games but was on a stacked team but I saw stamina issues in HS and no hussel and a speed problem that could be disguised in HS. In D1 no way he could be a star here......bad pickup real bad we had better options in state

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back