TerrEnce not TerrAnce Lewis 1.0 - 5.0 (merged) - Picks Maryland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Why would the criteria need to be playing on a 'champion contending defense'? Can u elaborate on that for me.
Sure. Great question. I think most of us would agree that for Miami to win national titles, they need a good to great defense. Are we there yet? I don’t think so. To get there we need better LB play and CB play. And I don’t think we have that yet. I don’t see Huff or TAC being “those guys” at LB that we have had in the past and won titles with.

Except that is not what you said and what you responded to did not say that either. People said they have promise and athletic ability. Not that they are championship level LBs at this point. Not that they are conference or freshman AAs. Just that they have promise and more athleticism than recent LBs or guys like Jennings. You said guys have two years to show they are championship level players, then said they are not at that level, despite the fact that they are three games into their careers and well short of your own head up your *** timeline. That is a stupid take and why people think our fanbase is occupied by halfwits. If that is not what you meant, then that is on you for doing a **** job of communicating and putting words on paper.

I actually said we do not know if they will develop to that level or not. They might. They might not. The tools are there. It is on the coaches to coach them up and on them for having the mental side and work ethic to reach their potential. Either way, I am certainly not going to make some grandiose statement one way or the other after three games.
What tools?

That's how it looks right now but LCE said it not so long ago that he doesn't know wtf we are doing at the linebacker position. I don't get what we do we recruit alot of slow linebackers....I do like AC SB and Huff. The rest can kick rocks or transfer because that's what is going to happen eventually if u recruit beasts.
**** it. let's ride with a 4-0-7 amoeba base defense. #strikersfordays

Except that is not what you said and what you responded to did not say that either. People said they have promise and athletic ability. Not that they are championship level LBs at this point. Not that they are conference or freshman AAs. Just that they have promise and more athleticism than recent LBs or guys like Jennings. You said guys have two years to show they are championship level players, then said they are not at that level, despite the fact that they are three games into their careers and well short of your own head up your *** timeline. That is a stupid take and why people think our fanbase is occupied by halfwits. If that is not what you meant, then that is on you for doing a **** job of communicating and putting words on paper.

I actually said we do not know if they will develop to that level or not. They might. They might not. The tools are there. It is on the coaches to coach them up and on them for having the mental side and work ethic to reach their potential. Either way, I am certainly not going to make some grandiose statement one way or the other after three games.
Wait, are you seriously saying that we can't overreact to the first 3 games of a possible 52 game college career? It's what CIS was built on!

Advertisement
Not necessarily, dwinstitles for example when we play bama nxt yr! And there ol get to 2nd level(backers) scary! But we need a mix of stout backers...mccloud, jennings, flagg etc to go along with tac, huff, brooks to go along with johnson, troutman, davis and hopefully t2.
Everyone knows I'm not a fan of Flagg as a prospect small and slow. Bama OL will get to the second level we need fast guys to beat them to the spot.

Sure. Great question. I think most of us would agree that for Miami to win national titles, they need a good to great defense. Are we there yet? I don’t think so. To get there we need better LB play and CB play. And I don’t think we have that yet. I don’t see Huff or TAC being “those guys” at LB that we have had in the past and won titles with.
That's subjective! Because if what you say is true, it takes a good/great to win a title then what exactly is our defense today if were not there yet?

If you're playing a bunch of freshmen, you're in for a long season. The 1997 Miami team went 5-6 because they had to play a ton of freshmen who weren't ready. Those players weren't bums. Santana Moss, Reggie Wayne, Dan Morgan, Al Blades. These were good players. It's just that there's very few 18 year old kids who are ready to be thrown to the wolves on a full time basis in college football. I know people don't want to hear that because everyone wants to see that shiny new recruit go out and make plays but it's the truth.
That was the class that literally started it all.....Lol...The evaluating brilliance of Butch....(while giving the NCAA the middle finger for the next 4yrs)

Huff was nowhere near ready , if he were playing the sane people saying play him would be losing their ****. Playing somebody at lb in our system that doesn’t know what they’re doing is dangerous business. Especially in the middle , it’s a disaster.
I keep repeating this like a broken record. These dudes think these SFL neighborhood superstars are somehow physically ready to play in CFB. I keep saying this with the WRs especially. There is absolutely no type of work being done in the weight room with these kids. This is not the 90’s where we can just be faster than everyone. The game of football has changed and our recruiting needs to reflect that. A kid from Camden is bigger than an SFL stud at the same position. That’s all that need to be said. Recruiting the Mike Harleys, Te’Cory Couchs(he’s a dog though) and Mark Popes aren’t going to win you football games anymore.

Advertisement
If you're playing a bunch of freshmen, you're in for a long season. The 1997 Miami team went 5-6 because they had to play a ton of freshmen who weren't ready. Those players weren't bums. Santana Moss, Reggie Wayne, Dan Morgan, Al Blades. These were good players. It's just that there's very few 18 year old kids who are ready to be thrown to the wolves on a full time basis in college football. I know people don't want to hear that because everyone wants to see that shiny new recruit go out and make plays but it's the truth.

For the record, Al Blades had a medical redshirt in 1996 and then missed all of 1997 with a knee injury.

I keep repeating this like a broken record. These dudes think these SFL neighborhood superstars are somehow physically ready to play in CFB. I keep saying this with the WRs especially. There is absolutely no type of work being done in the weight room with these kids. This is not the 90’s where we can just be faster than everyone. The game of football has changed and our recruiting needs to reflect that. A kid from Camden is bigger than an SFL stud at the same position. That’s all that need to be said. Recruiting the Mike Harleys, Te’Cory Couchs(he’s a dog though) and Mark Popes aren’t going to win you football games anymore.
A stud is a stud wherever they live. Sfla just has alot of studs but u have to land studs OOS as well.

Agree

But these bigger kids are maxed out sometimes before they Hit College campus. I'm pretty sure these coaches can tell based on body type who can put on good weight, getting them to do what's necessary is a totally different ball park. I've heard a couple different people speak on a recruits weight coming out of high school is there least concern.

Advertisement
Advertisement
But these bigger kids are maxed out sometimes before they Hit College campus. I'm pretty sure these coaches can tell based on body type who can put on good weight, getting them to do what's necessary is a totally different ball park. I've heard a couple different people speak on a recruits weight coming out of high school is there least concern.
No, stop with that. That’s an excuse Y’all make up to justify taking kids from here then three years later they still aren’t physically ready. Weight room is least if their concern but there’s a reason why we have a 6’1 200 pound backer that runs 4.7 that we aren’t worried about losing but we’re worried about losing our 220 pound backer that ran 4.7. If Davis he was 200 pounds like Troutman there wouldn’t be a single peep from anybody. Weight room doesn’t matter but size does...

Everyone knows I'm not a fan of Flagg as a prospect small and slow. Bama OL will get to the second level we need fast guys to beat them to the spot.

I have zero faith in flag. Might as well move him to DE or something I dunno. I just can't see him doing anything here. Special teams captain, secrete enforcer or scissors. Trying to be patient with Jennings but I'm tired of him to.

For the record, Al Blades had a medical redshirt in 1996 and then missed all of 1997 with a knee injury.
You’re right. Blades graduated high school a year before me. I was just thinking of younger guys who got thrown in the fire under Butch because we just had no other options.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back