TerrEnce not TerrAnce Lewis 1.0 - 5.0 (merged) - Picks Maryland

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't hate Butch.

He said he gave the NCAA the finger for four years starting in 1997. Usually you do that by winning.

He actully didn't win much for the majority of those 4 years.

So the middle finger reference seemed a little hyperbolic.
Like eye said inn won of the earlier Lewis threads, dude is a great talent butt he got dem crazy eyes. The ayes tell ewe everything.

Advertisement
I agree, who doesn’t get ****ed when your car is being towed. As long as he wasn’t arrested.
SMH. He wasn't just "****ed", the dude was out of control and aggressive.

Getting your car towed doesn't justify that behavior, especially towards police officers.

They almost did more than just arrest him, it got to THAT level. Only reason it didn't was because the cops knew who he was and his potential. The kid got a pass that night.

I still want him unless he legit gets in trouble now or he gets in trouble while here.

I don't care about what ifs or cursing at the cops. **** I have done that before when I was young so.....I don't think cursing at the cops or anyone can really do damage especially if u young and dumb. Either the light comes on or comes off.....I wouldn't be as desperate for an elite linebacker if our first round talent like Jennings and Flagg were taking care of business.

They relaxed on linebackers and now we are desperate that's on the coaches.
You read what I posted and all you took from that was he 'cursed' at them?

Maybe he had a legit gripe and was ****ed at the injustice of getting his car towed for some bs stuff like an expired meter and having to pay $400 to get it out of lockup.

I had it happen to me, lived in a small apt complex for 4 years, the security guards all knew the car was mine, temporarily parked in a guest parking spot so my wife could pull into driveway when she got home, and I forgot to move the car. Rather than putting a warning sticker on the car (which they have the discretion to do), some jacka$$ guard called a tow truck and my wife and it ended up costing around $600 when you add up the cost of getting the car out of the tow lot plus the lost wages from my wife and I having to call into work t(his is in Hawaii, so I wouldn't be surprised if the tow truck driver was related to the guards and was giving them kickbacks).

Anyways, I can't say the kid is a problem unless I know the circumstances of why he was angry with the police. Some cops are douches will go out of their way to ruin someone's day by calling a tow truck rather than giving a warning or citation.
Which still doesn't justify getting irate and aggressive towards police officers.

Advertisement
No, friend. I am simply responding to the people who say Huff and TAC are our LBs moving forward. And my response is what have they shown to play LB on a champion contending defense? And your response to that question is, "well Huff played well on special teams" LOL.
How the **** do you know who will develop. Talking like a true keyboard warrior.

you could never really appreciate what Butch had to deal with till you saw the sideline at the end of the 1997 season, where we literally had under 55 players. It showed you just how much work had to be done. Forget the sanctions -- and it's impact which you outlined, well -- but the fact that Erickson's recruiting really left a huge hole in terms of talent outside of a few really good guys (like Ray Lewis, Kennard Lang, Kenny Holmes). Then you had teams negatively recruiting stuff like the Marlin Barnes murder for all it's worth

I had my issues with Butch (mainly his game day management and his constant flirting with other jobs) but he did an incredible job in rebuilding this program. I just wish he wasn't in such a rush to leave for an NFL job. It totally changed his coaching legacy -- and we got stuck with Coker

Lose, lose for everyone
He wasn't in "Such a rush to leave for the NFL"....He was already there to begin with (Dallas)...and this flirting with other jobs is hogwash....Bottomline is....he deserved to be handed the Keys to Coral Gables, after the Pile of Garbage they layed in his lap in 95....

Advertisement

Getting your car towed doesn't justify that behavior, especially towards police officers.

They almost did more than just arrest him, it got to THAT level. Only reason it didn't was because the cops knew who he was and his potential. The kid got a pass that night.
I'm a pretty passive person but for whatever reason, when my car got towed I lost my **** mind.

Not making excuses for the young man but I can't sit here and say I wouldn't be ****ed as ****.

If he has anger issues, maybe putting some discipline and 5:45am workouts in his life might help.

****, that sucks. I didn’t know any of those details. I was just really hoping we could get a talent like that in our linebacking Corp. I really hope this kid grows up quick before he blows his future, whether it be here or Tenn. Thanks.

I'm a pretty passive person but for whatever reason, when my car got towed I lost my **** mind.

Not making excuses for the young man but I can't sit here and say I wouldn't be ****ed as ****.

If he has anger issues, maybe putting some discipline and 5:45am workouts in his life might help.

This kid has to know he is under a micrscope right now. Agree with Macho, allowing himself to get so out of control at an important time like this is a really bad look at a very important time.

Advertisement
Advertisement

Maybe he thought dem cops were Gator grads.

My buddy is Miami PD and apparently Lewis had a run-in with police the other day.
Got his car towed then got aggressive with the cops. Cursing, threatening, etc. It almost got out-of-hand.
We can work with this:

"Just imagine, the cops just towed your car"
Animated GIF

Yea pretty much

That's how desperate we need linebackers. The staff put me in a corner
Nobody puts DW in a corner

**** man your post cracked me up. For real though...part of me wants to agree with you, but at the same time this kid has some serious red flags. These type of kids are a big risk to a young team trying to change their locker room culture. As always I respect your honesty.

Maybe the kid needs therapy for anger management. We also don’t know what could’ve happened earlier in the day to add on to that anger of his car getting towed. 18 year olds don’t use common sense, with that being said, with only the exception of physically harming or abusing someone or abusing substances. I think we should take this kid if he has the grades to get in, and pair him with a lockeroom mentor early on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back