TerrEnce not TerrAnce Lewis 1.0 - 5.0 (merged) - Picks Maryland

Status
Not open for further replies.
True, but even flaggs instincts outweighs his lack of speed how else do you have over a 100 tkl's in 1yr as mlb on the high school level with out speed?
Well you have to take into account that’s it’s highschool ball, not college man. Vast majority of kids playing highschool ball across America are never gonna play at the next level. Most the dudes he got those tackles against are in there freshman year getting accounting degrees or some ****, not playing ball. Lol the guy is a solid depth player and at best a group of five starter but nothing more based on speed/athletic ability. If he plays meaningful snaps here in the two deep then that’s just another fail in linebacker recruiting for Diaz and company. Because no latter how good your instincts are, if your not fast enough to get to and make the play, it doesn’t matter. Instincts can only take you so far at this level, you need athleticism to actually make the play.

Advertisement
Some of the younger LBs have promise like Huff, TAC, and Brooks. Outside of them the athletic ability to be an old school UM LB is lacking. We need to find a spot for Lewis. There’s a couple guys we could drop for the top LB in the country. I can’t believe the staff is even toying here.
What from Huff and TAC have you seen to make you say "they have promise"? They have four tackles between them on the season and to their career here. Stop with the "athletic ability". You sound like D' Onfrio. I don't see Huff, TAC, or Brooks being apart of LBU. They aren't even in the same area code as Shaq and Pinck, let alone the Bermuda Triangle, Ray, Morgan, Vilma, DJ, Spence, or Beason. College Football today doesn't wait for players to become good their Jr years; they have two years max to show they can play at a championship level. I'm sorry, for coming across as a jerk, dude, that's not my intention. I just don't see Huff, Brooks, or TAC being LBs on a championship defense.....and that's what we need.

Advertisement
Huff was nowhere near ready , if he were playing the sane people saying play him would be losing their ****. Playing somebody at lb in our system that doesn’t know what they’re doing is dangerous business. Especially in the middle , it’s a disaster.

Advertisement
He ha

He had no **** choice lol
Very true but the fact remains, true freshman linebackers rarely play unless out of necessity. It's not like running back where they can sub you in for a handful of plays or make you part of a special package where you don't need to know every aspect of the playbook.

Very true but the fact remains, true freshman linebackers rarely play unless out of necessity. It's not like running back where they can sub you in for a handful of plays or make you part of a special package where you don't need to know every aspect of the playbook.
Saban started a true frosh at OLB for the first time ever at Bama. Most of the elite teams aren't relying on true frosh game 1, unless those guys are extremely special or they have to.

Saban started a true frosh at OLB for the first time ever at Bama. Most of the elite teams aren't relying on true frosh game 1, unless those guys are extremely special or they have to.
If you're playing a bunch of freshmen, you're in for a long season. The 1997 Miami team went 5-6 because they had to play a ton of freshmen who weren't ready. Those players weren't bums. Santana Moss, Reggie Wayne, Dan Morgan, Al Blades. These were good players. It's just that there's very few 18 year old kids who are ready to be thrown to the wolves on a full time basis in college football. I know people don't want to hear that because everyone wants to see that shiny new recruit go out and make plays but it's the truth.

Hmm.. dont sleep on this kid. VERY HIGH FOOTBALL I.Q

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201007-151648_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20201007-151648_Instagram.jpg
    565 KB · Views: 177
Advertisement
Huff was nowhere near ready , if he were playing the sane people saying play him would be losing their ****. Playing somebody at lb in our system that doesn’t know what they’re doing is dangerous business. Especially in the middle , it’s a disaster.
Lol people on here just throw names out there because it sounds good.

What from Huff and TAC have you seen to make you say "they have promise"? They have four tackles between them on the season and to their career here. Stop with the "athletic ability". You sound like D' Onfrio. I don't see Huff, TAC, or Brooks being apart of LBU. They aren't even in the same area code as Shaq and Pinck, let alone the Bermuda Triangle, Ray, Morgan, Vilma, DJ, Spence, or Beason. College Football today doesn't wait for players to become good their Jr years; they have two years max to show they can play at a championship level. I'm sorry, for coming across as a jerk, dude, that's not my intention. I just don't see Huff, Brooks, or TAC being LBs on a championship defense.....and that's what we need.
I have to tell you, out of all of the more recent posters, you have some of the most half-baked, asinine takes I have seen, which is saying something. Cave has been on campus for a matter of months and we have played 3 games in his true freshman season. Huff had to sit last year. He looks good on special teams so far but is clearly still working his way through. So he has had all of three games so far in his second year on campus. Brooks looked good at the end of last year and has been good this year.

I have no idea how these guys will develop and wind up, but given the number of games into their career, neither do you and you are talking out of your ***. You can certainly say they have promise or athletic ability based on measurables, high school play, practice reports. Whether they can put it all together or wind up a Greentree AA is another story.

I have to tell you, out of all of the more recent posters, you have some of the most half-baked, asinine takes I have seen, which is saying something. Cave has been on campus for a matter of months and we have played 3 games in his true freshman season. Huff had to sit last year. He looks good on special teams so far but is clearly still working his way through. So he has had all of three games so far in his second year on campus. Brooks looked good at the end of last year and has been good this year.

I have no idea how these guys will develop and wind up, but given the number of games into their career, neither do you and you are talking out of your ***. You can certainly say they have promise or athletic ability based on measurables, high school play, practice reports. Whether they can put it all together or wind up a Greentree AA is another story.
No, friend. I am simply responding to the people who say Huff and TAC are our LBs moving forward. And my response is what have they shown to play LB on a champion contending defense? And your response to that question is, "well Huff played well on special teams" LOL.

Reactions: jsy
Advertisement
No, friend. I am simply responding to the people who say Huff and TAC are our LBs moving forward. And my response is what have they shown to play LB on a champion contending defense? And your response to that question is, "well Huff played well on special teams" LOL.
Except that is not what you said and what you responded to did not say that either. People said they have promise and athletic ability. Not that they are championship level LBs at this point. Not that they are conference or freshman AAs. Just that they have promise and more athleticism than recent LBs or guys like Jennings. You said guys have two years to show they are championship level players, then said they are not at that level, despite the fact that they are three games into their careers and well short of your own head up your *** timeline. That is a stupid take and why people think our fanbase is occupied by halfwits. If that is not what you meant, then that is on you for doing a **** job of communicating and putting words on paper.

I actually said we do not know if they will develop to that level or not. They might. They might not. The tools are there. It is on the coaches to coach them up and on them for having the mental side and work ethic to reach their potential. Either way, I am certainly not going to make some grandiose statement one way or the other after three games.

True, but even flaggs instincts outweighs his lack of speed how else do you have over a 100 tkl's in 1yr as mlb on the high school level with out speed?
Besides the three freshman linebackers who started for Manny in 2016, the only other freshman linebacker starter at Miami I can think of is Ray Lewis and even he didn’t start until about mid season 1993.
Didn't denzel perryman start freshman year?

Why would the criteria need to be playing on a 'champion contending defense'? Can u elaborate on that for me.

I could've sworn Manny started 3 freshmen LBs back in 2016. C'mon man, if Manny has shown us anything it's that he isn't afraid to play freshmen.
That's how it looks right now but LCE said it not so long ago that he doesn't know wtf we are doing at the linebacker position. I don't get what we do we recruit alot of slow linebackers....I do like AC SB and Huff. The rest can kick rocks or transfer because that's what is going to happen eventually if u recruit beasts.
Not necessarily, dwinstitles for example when we play bama nxt yr! And there ol get to 2nd level(backers) scary! But we need a mix of stout backers...mccloud, jennings, flagg etc to go along with tac, huff, brooks to go along with johnson, troutman, davis and hopefully t2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back