TerrEnce not TerrAnce Lewis 1.0 - 5.0 (merged) - Picks Maryland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
I have eyes and watched him in college and the pro’s . Just listen to what Arians has to say about him. I’m not blind by love , I’m just a realist. I don’t care if it’s my mom, if she sucked as a game day coach I’d say so.

I've had season tickets for 20 plus years. Posted on here multiple times that the banner plane wasn't just cause we were losing, it was the way we were losing. I sat there and watched his teams play. Disorganization, horrible play calling and clock management were the hallmarks of his teams. He looked completely lost on the sidelines at times.

He was a great talent evaluator, but to this day the only instance he has won consistently was the one time he had overwhelming talent.

Last edited:
Wrong....Butch was totally vindicated by the NCAA and UNCs President....Need to speak to UNC Hoops players (McCants) about academic fraud...Did NOT use SeanTays Death in anyway...Stop the BS
Isis could use a guy like you. “We didn’t throw those *** guys off that roof, they were looking for spare change right at the precipice. Total misunderstanding.”

Never forget:

Manny Navarro posted in the Herald, "Forston told me other schools have calling him of late trying to trick him and other recruits by telling them coach Randy Shannon has only one year left on his contract. Forston and Harris both told me they've been receiving calls from UM coaches to stop the false information from spreading. I got a phone call from a UM assistant who pleaded with me and said "please put it out there that coach Shannon's contract runs through 2012. People are spreading garbage that he's only got one year left. That's bull."

Another well-connected Canes fan added this: "Butch Davis also told him, why would you want to live down here when all these people are getting shot. Marcus said, " You had no problem living down here with your wife for six years."

You literally said "Coach got screwed at UNC." He did not get screwed. He allowed for John Blake to run wild and helped have an entire academic department created for fraud.
He did get screwed. Here is the UNC chancellor's own words.

"Thorp said the decision was not related to any change in the NCAA investigation, but that it was the result of the cumulative damage to the University’s reputation over the past year. "

In short, they needed a scape goat and Butch was available. After all he had Miami roots. Everyone knows we're all thugs and criminals. Here's the link to the press release from the UNC Athletic Communications Office

ButchFired.pdf

Last edited:
Advertisement
I think it’s amazing sometimes the perception that people make about Willie. Especially in what you said about his academics and demeanor. I wish things turned out different for him.

I’ll never forget how upset I was the day Smith signed with FSU. How did that even go down? Didn’t his mom want him at Miami?

it’s funny that some posters on other boards said Butch would have been a repeat of other unsuccessful coaches making a return had he been hired over Richt. He is 69 but would have recruited an entire program of kids heading into this year. And Im sure we would be loaded.

Coach got screwed at UNC.

People always have all these conspiracy theories about why we haven't re-hired Butch, blaming everyone but him. And they say how if only we had hired him back we'd be bronzing our ****s with melted down national championship rings all day long.

To those I ask how come EVERY SINGLE POWER-5 football program hasn't sniffed him, either?

I'm sorry, not just every single Power-5 football program, but literally none of the top 100 programs in CFB? There are only 130 programs out there, and I guarantee there are about 10+ that you didn't know had a football team.

I mean... is the AD at Coastal Carolina in on this vast conspiracy? Is he in cahoots with his compatriots at UL-Monroe, Ball St., UAB and Western Michigan? Let alone middling Power-5 programs like OSU, in Butch's home state of Oklahoma. Or Arkansas where he went to school. ****, even Arkansas State hasn't come calling, or any of the zillion schools in Texas, where he was a coach on their beloved Cowboys.

This is some grassy knoll, Qanon level high level stuff.

Or maybe homie is just over the hill, and is exactly where he should be at this point in his life, and the Miami job would be about 12 feet over his head.

I will always love Butch. I'm not bagging on him. Just stating facts. He was a great Hurricane. But personally, today, in this internet-driven, modern arms race era of CFB, I am glad the coach who went 6-7 at FIU last year isn't our head coach.

You literally said "Coach got screwed at UNC." He did not get screwed. He allowed for John Blake to run wild and helped have an entire academic department created for fraud.

oh oh gotcha well look, Wasent Roy Williams coaching also? and didn’t he survive? Wasent he proven to have zero to do with this?

Listen I get what you are saying and understand why you are saying what you did. Perhaps the fact that i am a big fan makes me side more with him. I’ll always either way, appreciate what he did for our program.

He either aided in widespread academic fraud or has his head so firmly in the sand to not know that it would constitute negligence.. however, based on everything you hear about Butch being on top of players and culture, there is no way he did not know what was going on.

He hired John Blake knowing his shady reputation.

Then he negatively recruited Miami to Marcus Forston, at best claiming Shannon would be gone in a year, and at worst using ST's murder as a reason to leave the area.

I know the board and administration played a HEAVY role in his departure and bears the vast majority of the blame, but he played a part too in how he left. Enough with the poor Butch nonsense.

Understand what you are saying. All very fair. I never intended to sound like a “ poor Butch” kind of poster. I just thought he was exonerated of all wrong doing. This goes back a ways.

Advertisement
Yeah, and the "Wizard of Westwood", John Wooden was absolutely wholesome.

Except for a fella named Sam Gilbert.

Easy to remember history the way we wish.

UNLV is still my favorite college b-ball team by far, but the NCAA couldn't have Tarkanian kicking the **** out of wholesome Duke, so that was a wrap, too.

Amazing how so many "fans" on this site always want to throw stones at Butch.

He either aided in widespread academic fraud or has his head so firmly in the sand to not know that it would constitute negligence.. however, based on everything you hear about Butch being on top of players and culture, there is no way he did not know what was going on.

He hired John Blake knowing his shady reputation.

Then he negatively recruited Miami to Marcus Forston, at best claiming Shannon would be gone in a year, and at worst using ST's murder as a reason to leave the area.

I know the board and administration played a HEAVY role in his departure and bears the vast majority of the blame, but he played a part too in how he left. Enough with the poor Butch nonsense.
Crazy but John Blake just died today.

Advertisement
Yeah, and the "Wizard of Westwood", John Wooden was absolutely wholesome.

Except for a fella named Sam Gilbert.

Easy to remember history the way we wish.

UNLV is still my favorite college b-ball team by far, but the NCAA couldn't have Tarkanian kicking the **** out of wholesome Duke, so that was a wrap, too.

Amazing how so many "fans" on this site always want to throw stones at Butch.
Every person said Butch took a job no one else wanted and then built the greatest team and coaching staff college football has ever seen. With that good, there was some average and some bad.

Advertisement
willie didn’t play because he liked to freelance and didn’t play his assignment according to Radio.

That goes without saying. He stated that Willie wasn't a problem off the field here, and he actually was, but most people don't know it.

That's news to me. It's also why I said from my vantage point.

He was raising a ruckus at the mall from what I remember and they knew exactly who he was and instead of taking him in, they called Coker. Coker either came and got him or sent someone to get him. They swept it under the rug because there was so much scrutiny after the initial 17 arrests when his records as a minor were leaked.

LOL at Butch not knowing about the academic fraud. EVERYONE in the state of North Carolina knew about it. They had guys graduating who read at 4th to 6th grade level.

It wasn’t just the athletic program. Those classes were available to everyone, that’s ultimately how they were able to skate free on the charges. The state of NC should’ve pulled that schools credentials for a couple of years and charged them with defrauding tax payers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back