TerrEnce not TerrAnce Lewis 1.0 - 5.0 (merged) - Picks Maryland

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with everything you said entirely. Especially about Willie Under Coach Davis. But Butch was also a different kind of dude. Not just anyone I feel could get through to a kid like Willie. Beyond being the best evaluator of talent i’ve ever seen, but was a true leader. Always was and will be my favorite. What he would have won at Miami.

Quick one for ya. You said you know Coach Davis. Is there a way to write to him at FIU. Maybe a better question would be, is there a direct way to send something?
I've known Butch for 25yrs...actually knew him for 34yrs when Chuck was a GA on the 86 team. I was with Butch 2 weeks ago for a couple of hrs...Im sure you could write him at FIU....Their Website would have contact info via phone# through his secretary....

Advertisement
Willie would have thrived if he stayed. He would have been an AA and a good NFL player. He had no patience. Just on of about 20 mistakes he made within a few years.
Shannon ruined WW...Dont even get me started...had him playing away from his talents...Did a complete disservice to WW...Everytime he was in a game...he made plays....

I've known Butch for 25yrs...actually knew him for 34yrs when Chuck was a GA on the 86 team. I was with Butch 2 weeks ago for a couple of hrs...Im sure you could write him at FIU....Their Website would have contact info via phone# through his secretary....

I really appreciate you responding to me. I know i’m not your favorite poster. You have so much knowledge of the program and of coach I find it fascinating. I always hoped coach Davis came back to Miami. I felt he was the perfect man for the job and in helping kids. Especially those that could go either way.

Side note, Off what you said about Willie, I think Coach Davis would be the perfect coach for Lewis also. Thanks again.

When I first talked with WW outside of Hecht in 2005...I could not believe what an outgoing and intelligent well spoken kid he was....I ironically was the one who told him Antoine Smith commited to FSU.....Was never a Grade issue in HS with WW....Teachers and the Principal stood up for him several times....

Advertisement
I really appreciate you responding to me. I know i’m not your favorite poster. You have so much knowledge of the program and of coach I find it fascinating. I always hoped coach Davis came back to Miami. I felt he was the perfect man for the job and in helping kids. Especially those that could go either way.

Side note, Off what you said about Willie, I think Coach Davis would be the perfect coach for Lewis also. Thanks again.
Butch dealt with Goons his entire time at UM....Even in the 80s when he was DL coach, he had a Gaggle of Lunatics....If ANY Coach could have handled WW....It would've been Butch...

That's a separate issue. It's like NCAA enforcement of the SEC. Every once once in a while, they make Bama self report a secondary violation to give the impression of cracking down. Dade cops would cover up a lot of victimless stuff (again that's what they told me, seems a weird thing to lie about). The podunk cops don't even pretend to care. This isnt even in question. We know for a fact they covered up both rapes and murders (even serial killers)

I love my Canes, but I wouldn't want Miami PD to cover up a rape or murder for the team. That's a level of depravity I can't abide.

Anyways to the point- Butch probably handles Williams much better than others. Pretty sure he would have shut down the idea of taking a kid writing a nationally publicized recruiting diary once it became apparent it all was going to his head as he was becoming a national celebrity. I'm guessing Butch would not appreciate Williams giving Manny Navarro a play by play of his recruiting visits and his pithy commentary. He gets an ultimatum to either drop the diva stuff or he could go elsewhere.
Butch could've handled WW....I have no doubt at all...Lol at WW being to much for Butch and Schiano to handle...

Advertisement
How much longer do you think Butch has left in coaching? He turns 69 in November, I think his age is the Main reason we didn't hire him to replace Richt.
Not sure....as far as age...that has nothing to do with him not being hired instead of Richt...and it had Absolutely nothing to do with him not being hired after Shannon...
Butch had an All Star staff ready to follow him to UM after 2012....

Not sure....as far as age...that has nothing to do with him not being hired instead of Richt...and it had Absolutely nothing to do with him not being hired after Shannon...
Butch had an All Star staff ready to follow him to UM after 2012....
I was referring to age being an issue for him replacing Richt instead of Diaz.

Advertisement
Butch could've handled WW....I have no doubt at all...Lol at WW being to much for Butch and Schiano to handle...

If I asked you to say something negative about Butch, would you find it physically painful? Or would you do the job interview thing and spin the negative into a positive. "His only negative is that he cared too much."

Your deep and undying love for Butch is ... unusual. It seems more along the lines of the type of love you find between men who have shared a prison cell for many years than mere admiration. I applaud you sticking by your man, though, no matter the criticism. You're a true battle buddy.

But in the interest of full disclosure, he doesn't happen to have a restraining order against you, does he?

Last edited:
Butch dealt with Goons his entire time at UM....Even in the 80s when he was DL coach, he had a Gaggle of Lunatics....If ANY Coach could have handled WW....It would've been Butch...

I think it’s amazing sometimes the perception that people make about Willie. Especially in what you said about his academics and demeanor. I wish things turned out different for him.

I’ll never forget how upset I was the day Smith signed with FSU. How did that even go down? Didn’t his mom want him at Miami?

it’s funny that some posters on other boards said Butch would have been a repeat of other unsuccessful coaches making a return had he been hired over Richt. He is 69 but would have recruited an entire program of kids heading into this year. And Im sure we would be loaded.

Coach got screwed at UNC.

Advertisement
If I asked you to say something negative about Butch, would you find it physically painful? Or would you do the job interview thing and say, "his only negative is that he cared too much."

Your deep and undying love for Butch is ... unusual. It seems more along the lines of the type of love you find between men who have shared a prison cell for many years than mere admiration. I applaud you sticking by your man, though, no matter the criticism. You're a true battle buddy.

But in the interest of full disclosure, he doesn't happen to have a restraining order against you, does he?
He's been a friend to me and my family for many yrs....I really give no Fs whatsoever what people think in ref to my friendship with him...None

He's been a friend to me and my family for many yrs....I really give no Fs whatsoever what people think in ref to my friendship with him...None

Great. I'm not criticizing your friendship, I've just always wondered why it is that you take any negative observations about Butch so very personally. Anytime I see someone say something bad about Butch, I want to put up that gif of Michael Jackson eating popcorn, as I start counting down the time until you come in blasting with both barrels. I know it's going to be fireworks.

Great. I'm not criticizing your friendship, I've just always wondered why it is that you take any negative observations about Butch so very personally. Anytime I see someone say something bad about Butch, I want to put up that gif of Michael Jackson eating popcorn, as I start counting down the time until you come in blasting with both barrels. I know it's going to be fireworks.
Yup....sure will....especially when 95% of it is BS....Butch made his mistakes...all HCs do....Bottomline is, he MORE than made up for them....he left UM in alot better shape than the Pile of Sh*t he was handed....

If I asked you to say something negative about Butch, would you find it physically painful? Or would you do the job interview thing and spin the negative into a positive. "His only negative is that he cared too much."

Butch Davis is a perfectionist. And he cares too **** much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back