TerrEnce not TerrAnce Lewis 1.0 - 5.0 (merged) - Picks Maryland

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it’s amazing sometimes the perception that people make about Willie. Especially in what you said about his academics and demeanor. I wish things turned out different for him.

I’ll never forget how upset I was the day Smith signed with FSU. How did that even go down? Didn’t his mom want him at Miami?

it’s funny that some posters on other boards said Butch would have been a repeat of other unsuccessful coaches making a return had he been hired over Richt. He is 69 but would have recruited an entire program of kids heading into this year. And Im sure we would be loaded.

Coach got screwed at UNC.
He either aided in widespread academic fraud or has his head so firmly in the sand to not know that it would constitute negligence.. however, based on everything you hear about Butch being on top of players and culture, there is no way he did not know what was going on.

He hired John Blake knowing his shady reputation.

Then he negatively recruited Miami to Marcus Forston, at best claiming Shannon would be gone in a year, and at worst using ST's murder as a reason to leave the area.

I know the board and administration played a HEAVY role in his departure and bears the vast majority of the blame, but he played a part too in how he left. Enough with the poor Butch nonsense.

Advertisement
What do the Vols think about his commitment right now? Solid or just a placeholder?

Other years I’m much more connected to what going on up here, just have no time for it right now.

Never fails..around recruiting season the WW saga always rears its ugly head around here. Man you guys wont just let this man live his normal life post Dade county HS legend status. This is barbershop talk at this point. Smh.

He either aided in widespread academic fraud or has his head so firmly in the sand to not know that it would constitute negligence.. however, based on everything you hear about Butch being on top of players and culture, there is no way he did not know what was going on.

Then he negatively recruited Miami to Marcus Forston, at best claiming Shannon would be gone in a year, and at worst using ST's murder as a reason to leave the area.

I know the board and administration played a HEAVY role in his departure and bears the vast majority of the blame, but he played a part too in how he left. Enough with the poor Butch nonsense.

tenor.gif

Advertisement

I was talking about Willie Williams not Butch

Advertisement
Never fails..around recruiting season the WW saga always rears its ugly head around here. Man you guys wont just let this man live his normal life post Dade county HS legend status. This is barbershop talk at this point. Smh.
Exactly and Lewis isn't WW at all. I'm old enough to have both.. Nope.. Lewis is solid but looks small like Nate. Not sure if he's even as good as Nate was

You literally said "Coach got screwed at UNC." He did not get screwed. He allowed for John Blake to run wild and helped have an entire academic department created for fraud.

Pretty sure Blake just passed away. Only 59

Advertisement

Wrong....Butch was totally vindicated by the NCAA and UNCs President....Need to speak to UNC Hoops players (McCants) about academic fraud...Did NOT use SeanTays Death in anyway...Stop the BS

Advertisement
Wrong....Butch was totally vindicated by the NCAA and UNCs President....Need to speak to UNC Hoops players (McCants) about academic fraud...Did NOT use SeanTays Death in anyway...Stop the BS

Jesus you are relentless.

Here's the thing... if Butch did not know about that academic fraud, then it was willful ignorance. It is quite literally his job to know. I know you have your opinions and allegiance to him. I respect that, but I politely disagree.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back