TerrEnce not TerrAnce Lewis 1.0 - 5.0 (merged) - Picks Maryland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Miami is not the place for a talented knucklehead that can't get right.

Character is what separated last years Canes and UVA from winning the Coastal. If our guys did the right things we would be better off. I'm not upset about passing on the next T-Diddy (Taurean Charles) or Willie W.

Over Under he plays for 2.5 schools including the inevitable JuCo stint after a "misunderstanding." We need guys who do the right thing when no one is watching and can lead others in that direction. Not a talented diva malcontent who likes to assault females.

Lol, nah.
Sh*tty coaching on the offensive side of the football was the reason for that “separation”.

TAKE EM.

Advertisement
Lol, nah.
Sh*tty coaching on the offensive side of the football was the reason for that “separation”.

TAKE EM.
Even with the horrendous coaching in a prehistoric scheme that maximized our deficiencies, I'd bet the offense would have looked a **** of a lot better and we could have went 8-4 if we had a QB who was engaged and our most talented receiver was about the team.

I've seen this movie before. You think you'd want this guy because of media hype and "but does 5 starz doe," when the guy is redshirted because of some BS, negatively impacts the team, gets thrown out or doesn't develop because of completely avoidable nonsense. Pretty good chance that "missing out" here can be a win.

On signing day we were all hype about Arthur/Bryce Brown, Sam Bruce, Dionte Mullins, Willie Williams, Kevin Olsen you get the picture. This guy is a super high bust risk. I'd rather have a guy like Don Chaney than Zach Evans.

When Chaminade basically told him to eat a D and heavily implied Lewis is a culture cancer that is setting off monster red flags. Rationalize it how you want but while I'd be disappointed if we don't land certain recruits, in this case a "loss" is kind of ok.

Maybe it’s just me but I want violent kids who are a little off playing LB. And it says a lot that his teammates are pushing for him. They’re in the locker room with him everyday. Idk that kids who love UM like the MNW kids would be wanting him, if he was a terrible person.

But I also agree that we might not have the coaches equipped to handle a big personality. Hopefully they sack up and take him. He’s a game changing talent.

We're not in a position to turn away elite talent unless he'd absolutely fracture a locker room. Coaches aren't dumb they'll make the right choice. I'd love to have him.

He ain’t fracturing a locker room if all them boys want to play with him.. they know he a dawg and they want to play with dawgs! They know he go hard on the field but fawked up off it.

Advertisement
35705D1B-449A-4274-9F6B-DF43554950F2.png
35705D1B-449A-4274-9F6B-DF43554950F2.png

Maybe it’s just me but I want violent kids who are a little off playing LB. And it says a lot that his teammates are pushing for him. They’re in the locker room with him everyday. Idk that kids who love UM like the MNW kids would be wanting him, if he was a terrible person.

But I also agree that we might not have the coaches equipped to handle a big personality. Hopefully they sack up and take him. He’s a game changing talent.

Agree 100% but is he Willie Williams or Nate Webster. AKA can he be controlled for 3 years or will it be a waste of a ship. Especially with this 25 cap BS

Maybe I'm wrong but I think in the end he's a Cane. I think pressure from MNW and the MNW recruits will get us talking to him and then it happens

What if Lewis is a negative influence on his teammates at the next level and gets his friends into problems? The "boom or bust" guys need absolute structure and accountability. "Troubled talent" is usually more trouble than talent. We saw this with Jeff Thomas.

Maybe Saban could take this guy and get him to behave or ship him out without suffering a loss. But I'd bet even Saban is super ****ed he took a chance on guys like Antonio Alfano and Eyabi Anoma. When local people who have interacted with recruits and reports are highly critical of off-field we are much better off letting him be someone else's problem before he inevitably joins Anoma at Tennesee-Martin or Mississippi Gulf Coast Community.

Rebuilding our culture is way more important than winning "recruiting battles."

Advertisement
Coaching played a way bigger role in us not winning the Coastal than character
I disagree big time! You're QB#1 getting high before every game. Coaching was dog ****. However; your better players literally smoking before games and falling asleep during film study.

Let this cat go to Tennessee. He can be the next Nu'Keese Richardson, Tyler Byrd or Janzen Jackson. We don't need that energy around the team. We need to let him fail somewhere else.

I, me, southparkcane don’t think he’s an issue on a team that had an identity in the locker room. Unfortunately for us all, that is not the Miami hurricanes. We have no leadership, no culture. Thats going to change I’m sure but as of now most of those kids aren’t the canes we love

What if Lewis is a negative influence on his teammates at the next level and gets his friends into problems? The "boom or bust" guys need absolute structure and accountability. "Troubled talent" is usually more trouble than talent. We saw this with Jeff Thomas.

Maybe Saban could take this guy and get him to behave or ship him out without suffering a loss. But I'd bet even Saban is super ****ed he took a chance on guys like Antonio Alfano and Eyabi Anoma. When local people who have interacted with recruits and reports are highly critical of off-field we are much better off letting him be someone else's problem before he inevitably joins Anoma at Tennesee-Martin or Mississippi Gulf Coast Community.

Rebuilding our culture is way more important than winning "recruiting battles."

IMO our coaches have more to do with kids behaving like they did than anything. JT4 needed to be somewhere that kept him busy and involved. Instead he got QB’s that couldn’t hit water off a boat and playing in an offense that suited nobody. He was also 1,000 miles away from home. That multiplied his frustration.

There was a reason why at the end I said I wasn’t sure we had the coaches to deal with him. And as it pertains to you saying he might bring down his friends, that has more to do with them, than him. If they are high character guys like they seem, they’ll be fine. They’ve been with him and know what he is about.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I don't think the door is entirely closed on him, but the Twitter game and commitment/decommitment shuffle isn't helping his case. Also not being recruited by UF or FSU doesn't mean what it used to, IMO. Mullen is another "smartest guy in the room" type and Norvell is an unknown who skipped the egg and went straight to bukkake on his face.

I think it’s too early in our cultural rebuilding to take someone like this. His talent is undeniable but right now I don’t think we have the structure he needs.

Advertisement
I feel like we should just offer a conditional scholly. Get the kid in on the condition that he doesn’t ***** up and keeps his head down between now and signing day. Make the kid prove he can be responsible. Worst case you pull the offer, best case we get a HUGE talent at a position we sorely need talent at.

You think if he punched a female teacher he would be allowed back into MNW?

Too much beating around the bush on this. If he didn’t do that ppl need to refute that if he did something similar just say that. It’s already out there I am sure it will get out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back