TerrEnce not TerrAnce Lewis 1.0 - 5.0 (merged) - Picks Maryland

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was committed to UF first, they stopped recruiting him because he decommitted.

And I don't think we should use FSU as the measuring stick by which we judge our recruiting, I mean a bunch of prospects we have currently committed were not pursued by UF or FSU, so what?

Here's what I don't understand, is you all are convinced he's a bad kid, so why do people keep posting his tweets & bringing him up on the board? If the consensus amongst yall is that he's this terrible terrible kid that no school would ever want, why exactly is he always a topic of discussion on here? How come people just won't leave it alone?
It’s the same reason threads on any particular kid essentially die on here once the kid commits to us. The Knighton thread had like 10 millions posts and I don’t even remember one about Chaney.

There’s more money in the treatment than the cure.

Advertisement
As for off field stuff, if it's an isolated incident or two, you don't write a kid off; if it's a pattern of doing the wrong **** or taking short cuts or just evil stuff against girls or weaker people, then stay away. I don't know him or what he's done or who he really is as a person, but character matters.

You don't have to be a saint or a church boy to have great character. Personally, I've made plenty of mistakes, and I have impeccable character.

Yes, I remember that @Liberty City El personally would take him, but my question is, whether he agrees with them or not, are the coaches completely full of it or does he think its a choice that has merit.

Don’t know about all of that, but great screen name. Now just need a poster with the screen name “falafel.” 😉

WWJD or what would Jimmy do? All kids deserve a second chance. If he grinds it out this season with 0 issues, I say give him a chance. I also understand why some wouldn't take him. We haven't had a true game changer at LB in a while and I've wanted Lewis for a while. I guess it all depends what really happened though. I want him, but I'd understand not taking him if there are serious concerns.

The rumors were he punched a female who may have been a teacher.

Advertisement
Dudes using FSU as a barometer for interest are hilarious. They are STRUGGLING on the trail right now. They are landing a few talented SFLA DBs, but overall, none of the top kids down here for 2021 considered them much at all and COVID killed their ability to even really get them on campus.

He decommitted from UF, and they’ve actually recruited pretty well at LB the last few years with a young LB coach who seems to be able to recruit. So the fact that they’re no longer interested isn’t as big of a red flag as people think. I definitely don’t think it’s an open and shut case. Plenty of dudes with seemingly bigger issues are drafted in round 1/2 with similar history, and our history is not full of choir boy star players.

He was committed to UF first, they stopped recruiting him because he decommitted.

And I don't think we should use FSU as the measuring stick by which we judge our recruiting, I mean a bunch of prospects we have currently committed were not pursued by UF or FSU, so what?

Here's what I don't understand, is you all are convinced he's a bad kid, so why do people keep posting his tweets & bringing him up on the board? If the consensus amongst yall is that he's this terrible terrible kid that no school would ever want, why exactly is he always a topic of discussion on here? How come people just won't leave it alone?
I understand all your points. But alot of our kids are also not #1 in the country at their position. I can't speak for everyone else but to me, it will always feel weird when a in-state kid is highly ranked but not heavily pursued by the Big 3 regardless if they decommitted once before or not. No way all 3 schools are in position to turn down a 5star LB. But yeah, I totally agree that based on how majority of the board feels about him, he shouldn't be discussed so much. I also believe kids do deserve chances, especially if he can accept responsibility and I definitely would be glad if he became a Cane.

So we have a high ranked local kid who hates Miami (but wants the offer) & is going to an SEC school.. Confused. Why isn’t this thread to 100 pages yet? CIS is slacking!

Y'all have
Still why are all these schools not recruiting him? If he wasn't toxic then every school would be trying to sign him. Diaz desperately needs elite LBs and by him not recruiting T2 means he believes a 5 Star LB isn't worth the headache he brings. Kid must be pretty bad for Diaz to pass.
What other schools do or not do means nothing. Calling a kid toxic when you don't know him is not cool at all. He did what he did. I don't condone what has been said he has done and I'm also not mad at our coaches for cutting communication initially.

What I do think is if the kid wants to be recruited by UM or any other team he should reach out to them and have a conversation. He does deserve a chance to prove that he understands that he made a mistake but he also shouldn't expect a coaching staff to just give it to him because he's one of the best LBers in the country. Tenn and A&M obviously kept recruiting him but Bama, UGA, UF, FSU, and our Canes decided not to do so from all reports.

Advertisement
Idk man. I just hate the fact that he "hates" us because we're not recruiting him any longer because of something HE did. That's like hating your gf for not taking you back after she catches you cheating lol

Y'all have

What other schools do or not do means nothing. Calling a kid toxic when you don't know him is not cool at all. He did what he did. I don't condone what has been said he has done and I'm also not mad at our coaches for cutting communication initially.

What I do think is if the kid wants to be recruited by UM or any other team he should reach out to them and have a conversation. He does deserve a chance to prove that he understands that he made a mistake but he also shouldn't expect a coaching staff to just give it to him because he's one of the best LBers in the country. Tenn and A&M obviously kept recruiting him but Bama, UGA, UF, FSU, and our Canes decided not to do so from all reports.
Right. I think the best thing he can do is to reach out to every school that might not be interested anymore.

Advertisement
That's a funny double edged sword you guys like to use...

So if he was being recruited by all UGA, Bama, LSU etc, he would be called a bag chasing diva, but since he's not being recruited them it's because he's "toxic".

And using Diaz's LB recruiting as a barometer isn't the fail proof logic you might think... Diaz has never landed any 5-star LB he's recruited at Miami, so does that mean they all weren't worth the headache, or maybe that's just not a strong suit of his?

At the end of the day, it makes no difference to me whether or not Miami recruits him, I moved on months ago, yall are the ones that keep bringing it up. But, what I'm not going to do is try to justify Miami's decision by trashing the kid as if he's some predicate felon on parole. Who a kid is or isn't is not determined by whatever football program is recruiting him, if you don't know the kid personally & know nothing about him (which you don't) then you shouldn't be so quick to jump out the window & label him a bad kid.

I understand what and why ppl are asking this question...if you are a 5 star kid from Florida with that much talent it’s kinda weird that nobody wants you...take any kid in this situation it just seems odd

I don't believe we have strong enough LB coaches who could deal with T2, Baker & Patke are not equipped.

But I also don't believe we need to have a locker room full of Mormon missionaries in order to win, the fans have been convinced that if you have any wild characters it will destroy your team, but that only applies to staffs that can't deal with them.

Yeah , too many white guys would be bad.

Y'all have

By toxic I mean a mean a bad fit in there locker room

Advertisement
As for off field stuff, if it's an isolated incident or two, you don't write a kid off; if it's a pattern of doing the wrong **** or taking short cuts or just evil stuff against girls or weaker people, then stay away. I don't know him or what he's done or who he really is as a person, but character matters.

You don't have to be a saint or a church boy to have great character. Personally, I've made plenty of mistakes, and I have impeccable character.
I agree. If he wants to be at Miami (not sure), then address the issue, create a roadmap towards being a part of the class, and then ball out as a senior on and off the field. If that happens, my guess is he has a spot. Takes effort on both sides.

Well said. IDK this kid either and have no real judgement here but whatever he has done has apparently left teams unwilling to take a chance on him. Teams you would expect to be in the thick of his recruitment. As for Manny , he just got finished cleaning house of guys who did themselves and the team no favors. It's just bad timing to take a flyer on another kid who might present some challenges. Talent is important but there are other factors to be considered.

Hopefully he will end up in a place where he will get the guidance he needs to be successful.

Miami is not the place for a talented knucklehead that can't get right.

Character is what separated last years Canes and UVA from winning the Coastal. If our guys did the right things we would be better off. I'm not upset about passing on the next T-Diddy (Taurean Charles) or Willie W.

Over Under he plays for 2.5 schools including the inevitable JuCo stint after a "misunderstanding." We need guys who do the right thing when no one is watching and can lead others in that direction. Not a talented diva malcontent who likes to assault females.

Miami is not the place for a talented knucklehead that can't get right.

Character is what separated last years Canes and UVA from winning the Coastal. If our guys did the right things we would be better off. I'm not upset about passing on the next T-Diddy (Taurean Charles) or Willie W.

Over Under he plays for 2.5 schools including the inevitable JuCo stint after a "misunderstanding." We need guys who do the right thing when no one is watching and can lead others in that direction. Not a talented diva malcontent who likes to assault females.

Coaching played a way bigger role in us not winning the Coastal than character

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back