Terrence Lewis decommits

Not comparing Butch and Saban just similar styles....no gimmicks or hocus pocus bs just get the best player and evaluate well. They have similar styles but obviously Saban is a different animal. Styles that's it styles.....relax people relax. I mean no one was up in arms here when dudes were comparing Diaz to Meyer.

Advertisement
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

"When they chose MR over Butch it was over.....like dude just had the best resume played on national tv in the U 2 and they said no we will hire a fired HC"

Sometimes you gotta know when to put down the crack pipe and seek help.

If U’re going to post something like this, pls make sure u post the entire story. Butch fan or not, can’t keep putting out a false narrative that took place at UNC under his watch. He was completely exonerated for that chit show, but per usual; the court of public opinion always takes a life of its own.

Not comparing Butch and Saban just similar styles....no gimmicks or hocus pocus bs just get the best player and evaluate well. They have similar styles but obviously Saban is a different animal. Styles that's it styles.....relax people relax. I mean no one was up in arms here when dudes were comparing Diaz to Meyer.

Or Diaz to Dabo. Smh

If U’re going to post something like this, pls make sure u post the entire story. Butch fan or not, can’t keep putting out a false narrative that took place at UNC under his watch. He was completely exonerated for that chit show, but per usual; the court of public opinion always takes a life of its own.

Thr exoneration is the smallest part of that story. The biggest is him saying he wants to be a HC again.

How long that took and where he ended up should end this tale.

Advertisement
Keep your fingers crossed. The possibility of that happening obviously has you positively giddy.
I win if we win I still kick my legs up if we go 15-0. I'm just honest with myself and look at things rational. When I view UM or any pro team I like I try to view it as like if I weren't a fan.

Advertisement

Court of public opinion?

How about the marketplace? Not one of the top 100 teams in CFB want him. Then NFL doesn't want him.

Not good enough? How about his performance? He hasn't won a football game in 500 days against a powderpuff schedule and he can't recruit a squirrel to an acorn in the most fertile territory in the country.

And some people think he should be coach here. Wow.

Thr exoneration is the smallest part of that story. The biggest is him saying he wants to be a HC again.

How long that took and where he ended up should end this tale.

Agreed, but pls understand the court of public opinion will always be the harshest court. If the initial articles says Butch was the headliner of a major academic scandal that rocked, an otherwise, squeaky clean program, the opinions have already been formed....ESPECIALLY when his exoneration came 2 yrs later. The irrevocable damage was already done. Couple that w/ the rep that he lied to Miami before sneaking off to The NFL? Perception is reality, but saying he was fired from UNC b/c of cheating is disingenuous & not the whole story. It’s a great storyline for fans who can’t get over the fact that he left & have an unending grudge w/ the past (just like w former players who opt out, transfer, or decommit).

Fact is, he was fired b/c Ole Roy & their precious b-ball program (that McCants spilled his guts on, but they (UNC) cited him as a bitter, former player who’s mentally unstable) could not be caught up in the scandal.

Court of public opinion?

How about the marketplace? Not one of the top 100 teams in CFB want him. Then NFL doesn't want him.

Not good enough? How about his performance? He hasn't won a football game in 500 days against a powderpuff schedule and he can't recruit a squirrel to an acorn in the most fertile territory in the country.

And some people think he should be coach here. Wow.

Then how in tf does that make us look as a program? Dude has gone 4-2 w/ inferior talent against us since leaving, including us being the fcking only P5 team to ever lose to FIU.

Agreed, but pls understand the court of public opinion will always be the harshest court. If the initial articles says Butch was the headliner of a major academic scandal that rocked, an otherwise, squeaky clean program, the opinions have already been formed....ESPECIALLY when his exoneration came 2 yrs later. The irrevocable damage was already done. Couple that w/ the rep that he lied to Miami before sneaking off to The NFL? Perception is reality, but saying he was fired from UNC b/c of cheating is disingenuous & not the whole story. It’s a great storyline for fans who can’t get over the fact that he left & have an unending grudge w/ the past (just like w former players who opt out, transfer, or decommit).

Fact is, he was fired b/c Ole Roy & their precious b-ball program (that McCants spilled his guts on, but they (UNC) cited him as a bitter, former player who’s mentally unstable) could not be caught up in the scandal.
@caneinorlando the rep about lying was because of that troll who wanted to bring in Alvarez. Unles it’s me, didn’t butch really only want the Miami job again? I was under the impression he was studying the game because he knew golden would fail. When he got passed over Pete got him to fiu. He wanted to live in so fla

Advertisement
@caneinorlando the rep about lying was because of that troll who wanted to bring in Alvarez. Unles it’s me, didn’t butch really only want the Miami job again? I was under the impression he was studying the game because he knew golden would fail. When he got passed over Pete got him to fiu. He wanted to live in so fla

Again, the court of public opinion.

Again, the court of public opinion.
I was not a butch guy until 1999. You have to look at situations at times.
He was a first time HC and had a program on life support. He was our 4th choice and he rebuilt the program and set us up for a 3 peat. 2000-2002 NCs.
Urban Meyer built UF better than Spurrier had them.
Dabo as a first time HC built Clemson into a dynasty.
Saban has done a great job at bama but no one had the unlimited resources and espn support like he did.

Yup...Pretty much spot on...But the time has passed....Personally, I only deal in facts....Facts are.....
* We have atleast 2 more NCs if Butch stays.....
* His recruiting classes from 2001 till lets say 2007 would've been unfair...
* EVERY HS Coach in Dade Loved him
* UMs decline to the Dungeon in evaluations....recruiting, Coaching, and Development happened in 2004....around the time when 99% of Butchs kids were gone....and we no longer had the staff Butch hired. Coincidence??.....I scoff at that....

Advertisement
I don't know. But while you're busy looking in the mirror the kids are grinding, and Manny is doing everything he can to improve the roster, staff, and culture, which were all badly needed.

Isht happens. Better team than 2019 Miami, under less trying circumstances, have lost to low level teams like FIU. That was a bad culture team full of quitters, headcases and recruiting mistakes. Let the man work.

Clearly u didn’t see the edit, and nah cuddy, it don’t work like that. U took the time to disparage Butch when all I was doing was highlighting how the QP was incorrect & it’s a known fact he took a major hit to his rep b/c he was linked to an academic scandal. So since u took the time to go beyond my QP, that’s fine; but, the string attached is he’s kicked “OUR” *** since leaving, prior to the FIU debacle.

So if he’s the washed down corch ppl have made him out to be, and he’s kicked “OUR”***, then what does that make us? U see how that works? So before constantly trying to disparage the guy who actually rebuilt us from the ashes b/c of whatever fan grudge u or others may have, how bout letting dead dogs lie, b/c every time ppl bring up this & that, the fact is he’s smashed us w/ inferior talent in 4 of the 6 match ups.

Clearly u didn’t see the edit, and nah cuddy, it don’t work like that. U took the time to disparage Butch when all I was doing was highlighting how the QP was incorrect & it’s a known fact he took a major hit to his rep b/c he was linked to an academic scandal. So since u took the time to go beyond my QP, that’s fine; but, the string attached is he’s kicked “OUR” *** since leaving, prior to the FIU debacle.

So if he’s the washed down corch ppl have made him out to be, and he’s kicked “OUR”***, then what does that make us? U see how that works? So before constantly trying to disparage the guy who actually rebuilt us from the ashes b/c of whatever fan grudge u or others may have, how bout letting dead dogs lie, b/c every time ppl bring up this & that, the fact is he’s smashed us w/ inferior talent in 4 of the 6 match ups.
When all was said and done...Butch's Evaluating & Recruiting from 95-2000 is the Greatest in NCAA History...25 1st rounders (17 off one team) a plethora of AAs...and Multiple Pro Bowlers...not to mention possibly 5 HOFers.....End of story....

When all was said and done...Butch's Evaluating & Recruiting from 95-2000 is the Greatest in NCAA History...25 1st rounders (17 off one team) a plethora of AAs...and Multiple Pro Bowlers...not to mention possibly 5 HOFers.....End of story....

Was it all his evaluating skills or was it part luck, he hasnt replicated it anywhere else he's been.

Was it all his evaluating skills or was it part luck, he hasnt replicated it anywhere else he's been.
He was JJs closer from 84-88....No Luck....How tf was it Luck getting future HOFers to come to UM while under sanctions??...without the benefit of $$$$Bags??....hasnt replicated it since, but is 4-2 against us during that time...with far less talent....Keep thinking it was Luck...Tell Soldinger....Kehoe or Pagano it was Luck....they'll Laugh you outta the room.

Advertisement
Back