Terrence Lewis decommits

He was JJs closer from 84-88....No Luck....How tf was it Luck getting future HOFers to come to UM while under sanctions??...without the benefit of $$$$Bags??....hasnt replicated it since, but is 4-2 against us during that time...with far less talent....Keep thinking it was Luck...Tell Soldinger....Kehoe or Pagano it was Luck....they'll Laugh you outta the room.

Didn't say it was, but part of it was. If it was all his evaluation abilities why hasnt he been able to do it again.

Advertisement
Didn't say it was, but part of it was. If it was all his evaluation abilities why hasnt he been able to do it again.
He was building a Monster at UNC...before the BS.....youre not replicating anything at FIU that you previously did at UM.....Bottomline is...in 21yrs UM as a PROGRAM hasn't been able to Replicate Butch...not the other way around....No time for spin.....

He was building a Monster at UNC...before the BS.....youre not replicating anything at FIU that you previously did at UM.....Bottomline is...in 21yrs UM as a PROGRAM hasn't been able to Replicate Butch...not the other way around....No time for spin.....

Since Butch no but before him yes. Miami during its glory always had great players.
And Butch averaged 6 losses per year at NC. He wasnt building anything.

Since Butch no but before him yes. Miami during its glory always had great players.
And Butch averaged 6 losses per year at NC. He wasnt building anything.
Butch was JJs #1 recruiter from 84-88.....ask JJ as I have about him....Sit with Butch for hrs upon hrs as I have, picking his Brain apart in ref to Defensive FB and evaluating...until you've done that, then there's really nothing left to be said.....from 95-2004....25 1st rounders and possibly 5 HOFers....from 2005-2015 7 1st rounders...No future HOFers.....Lol at Luck.....

butch bas been washed up for 15 years lmao you guys still gobble his balls on here it’s so pathetic.

if butch Davis asked y’all politely to suck his ****, you’d probably say “yes sir” and kneel before him right then and there.

Advertisement
Butch was JJs #1 recruiter from 84-88.....ask JJ as I have about him....Sit with Butch for hrs upon hrs as I have, picking his Brain apart in ref to Defensive FB and evaluating...until you've done that, then there's really nothing left to be said.....from 95-2004....25 1st rounders and possibly 5 HOFers....from 2005-2015 7 1st rounders...No future HOFers.....Lol at Luck.....

So just because you have sat down with Butch it makes him a master evaluator?
Any professional coach can sound smart talking football with any average fan. Their knowledge is above fans, still doesn't make them experts amongst their peers.
And now you giving Butch credit for the players from 1984-88 as well.
I guess our entire history is thanks to Butch.

So just because you have sat down with Butch it makes him a master evaluator?
Any professional coach can sound smart talking football with any average fan. Their knowledge is above fans, still doesn't make them experts amongst their peers.
And now you giving Butch credit for the players from 1984-88 as well.
I guess our entire history is thanks to Butch.
Caneinorlando is an awesome dude and a true cane but he does this **** all the time.

“I personally knew this player/coach so trust me when I say that they are the best of all time. Here is a picture of me standing next to Sean Taylor.”

Clearly u didn’t see the edit, and nah cuddy, it don’t work like that. U took the time to disparage Butch when all I was doing was highlighting how the QP was incorrect & it’s a known fact he took a major hit to his rep b/c he was linked to an academic scandal. So since u took the time to go beyond my QP, that’s fine; but, the string attached is he’s kicked “OUR” *** since leaving, prior to the FIU debacle.

So if he’s the washed down corch ppl have made him out to be, and he’s kicked “OUR”***, then what does that make us? U see how that works? So before constantly trying to disparage the guy who actually rebuilt us from the ashes b/c of whatever fan grudge u or others may have, how bout letting dead dogs lie, b/c every time ppl bring up this & that, the fact is he’s smashed us w/ inferior talent in 4 of the 6 match ups.

Thanks Cuddy.

I did not disparage Butch. I hit you with irrefutable facts. I was a big fan of Butch and am grateful for what he did at Miami, but that doesn't mean I am allergic to the present day reality or the truth. Which again, is why not a single legit CFB or NFL will even sniff him. NO ONE. He literally hasn't won a single game in 500 days and can't even recruit anymore. He's done. Accept it, don't, I promise you I don't really care.

Reported for politics & edited. Let’s keep it off the 2 main boards please.
If U’re going to post something like this, pls make sure u post the entire story. Butch fan or not, can’t keep putting out a false narrative that took place at UNC under his watch. He was completely exonerated for that chit show, but per usual; the court of public opinion always takes a life of its own.

CFB is one of the most crooked, amoral sports there is. Most programs don't care if a guy has been caught cheating, has a bad attitude, or runs a dirty program if he wins. Mike Leach was a coach with a poor reputation who got fired from TT for locking a kid in an equipment closet. 3 years later he was the HC at another P5. Then he ended up back in the SEC making 5 million per year. This is a weird dude who fights with ADs and is a polarizing [pirate], yet he had no problem getting two P5 jobs in a row.

Bobby Petrino is one of the biggest scumbags, got busted at Arkansas, two years later he was back in CFB as HC at WKU, then back to the P5 for four years, and after getting fired AGAIN he was a D1 HC within two years.

If a school thinks a coach can win football games, he'll find a job. They don't give a **** about the court of public opinion since winning fixes everything. Notice how Hugh Freeze's stock suddenly rose after putting Liberty football on the map? The fact that it took 7 years for Davis to land a job at FIU tells you what the market thought of his abilities. Yet we have deranged fans who think the market was wrong. Given that all signs point to Davis's career at FIU ending soon on a depressing note, it turns out the ADs across the country accurately assessed whether Davis had any fuel left in the tank.

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
It's going to be bad here in December holy fuq the moping will be all time. I may just sit back with a black n mild feet on the desk just refreshing and enjoying the bs.

Serious question, who actually enjoys when the canes don’t do well?

Apparently you.

Rethink your fan-hood, my friend.

You may as well just go ahead and commit to Alabama or Ohio State or some other team. You’ll be happier. I highly recommend it.

CFB is one of the most crooked, amoral sports there is. Most programs don't care if a guy has been caught cheating, has a bad attitude, or runs a dirty program if he wins. Mike Leach was a coach with a poor reputation who got fired from TT for locking a kid in an equipment closet. 3 years later he was the HC at another P5. Then he ended up back in the SEC making 5 million per year. This is a weird dude who fights with ADs and is a polarizing right wing figure, yet he had no problem getting two P5 jobs in a row.

Bobby Petrino is one of the biggest scumbags, got busted at Arkansas, two years later he was back in CFB as HC at WKU, then back to the P5 for four years, and after getting fired AGAIN he was a D1 HC within two years.

If a school thinks a coach can win football games, he'll find a job. They don't give a **** about the court of public opinion since winning fixes everything. Notice how Hugh Freeze's stock suddenly rose after putting Liberty football on the map? The fact that it took 7 years for Davis to land a job at FIU tells you what the market thought of his abilities. Yet we have deranged fans who think the market was wrong. Given that all signs point to Davis's career at FIU ending soon on a depressing note, it turns out the ADs across the country accurately assessed whether Davis had any fuel left in the tank.

I’m simply talking about the UNC firing, that’s all. The time to hire Butch was back in ‘07, not 2016. Richt wasn’t my choice in ‘16 either. But the criticism that Butch gets around here is annoying, just as I’m sure it annoys the counter part of ppl saying Butch Da Gawd.

U know ur my guy, so I was just saying if we’re going to follow the “Butch was fired from UNC angle”, let’s tell the whole story.

And finally, idgaf what ppl think, BUT I would take Hugh Freeze at the absolute drop of a dime. Lol

Advertisement
Jesse Armstead comes to my old long term memory everyone knew he was NFL ready in high school and on a bad day he was years ahead in his football presence.

There was another same time whom played LB and fullback John Madden said his was the greatest high school player he ever layed his eyes on , can remember players name?

Any if football had same rules as baseball none of there players would be in college

GOCANES

this post and prior ones on UNC are 100% fact: UNC was about to become a perennial top 10 program. Even that last scandal year with all the suspensions they still had a great year and even almost beat LSU with like double digit starters or two deep guys gone. I remember watching the dline with Quinn, Coples, Austin, and that other guy whose name escapes me and they were monstrous. That front 7 was lethal. His only mistake outside of the hiring John Blake was i didn’t like Shoop as the OC hire. He was too conservative even for that era of football. Give that UNC team the offense they had last year and that’s a national championship winner.

Nonetheless, at that point in time where he was slowly building that program you could see big improvements each year.

Advertisement
When all was said and done...Butch's Evaluating & Recruiting from 95-2000 is the Greatest in NCAA History...25 1st rounders (17 off one team) a plethora of AAs...and Multiple Pro Bowlers...not to mention possibly 5 HOFers.....End of story....
We hear Saban is a great evaluator. He goes to the espn top 300 and makes them ridiculous offers. Who are people kidding? Oh and his players are so beaten up by the time they get to the nfl they don’t even do a lot. I’m not saying butch is better as a coach but I don’t believe in fairy tales

I don't know. But while you're busy looking in the mirror the kids are grinding, and Manny is doing everything he can to improve the roster, staff, and culture, which were all badly needed.

Isht happens. Better teams than 2019 Miami, under less trying circumstances, have lost to low level teams like FIU. That was a bad culture team full of quitters, headcases and recruiting mistakes. Let the man work.

people keep saying the culture....team full of quitters.....headcases..... recruiting mistakes......... dIAZ had been here for a few and recruited those quitters......molded those head cases into what they were.

Its not just the FIU game......they lost to duke and shut out by Louisiana ******* Tech in a bowl game.

He has tried to fix his mistakes(coaching hires) but until he brings in a real DC and stays out of the way its going to be the same shlt. pad the stats against less talented teams but gets his shlt pushed in by anyone that has same talent or decent coaching

He was JJs closer from 84-88....No Luck....How tf was it Luck getting future HOFers to come to UM while under sanctions??...without the benefit of $$$$Bags??....hasnt replicated it since, but is 4-2 against us during that time...with far less talent....Keep thinking it was Luck...Tell Soldinger....Kehoe or Pagano it was Luck....they'll Laugh you outta the room.

He didn’t lure HOfers under sanctions. They all came here knowing sanctions were over.

Advertisement
Back