Tennison decommits

Though Tennison might lack in coverage skills, the main thing that I like about him is that he is close to a college ready body. 5'10 193lbs, 7 more lbs and he is at 200. Hope we can get him back, but if not it will not be the end of the world.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Gray is not going to end up at Clemson. He didn’t visit either. They are being very selective at DB/S. OSU is my guess.

Clemson

I didn't know he was Plan A... interesting a 5 7 inch safety was going to automatically vault us over the top.

Lol....you must still think Kyler Murray is 5 6 too.... Well they took his commit so they must have wanted him....but again they probably know they werent getting any of the elite players they want

He's a horrible recruiter. Corner depth is an absolute joke because every year we say, "We are only going to take studs, and save the scholarship for next time." But next time doesn't come, so we are paper thin at corner. In an area that shouldn't need greater coaching. We are in MIAMI. The idea that the only way we can have elite corners is if we have elite coaching, is a joke. An average to good coach should be able to field studs at the position if he recruits good enough down here.

But fine. Keep Rump. But the larger point is we went wayyyyyyyyyy too Xs and Os heavy with the defensive staff. They can't all be great teachers, much the same way every member of a baseball team can't just be great defenders. You got to sacrifice defensive with some players to get a little more of the bat. You got to sacrifice a little of the technician skills with some coaches, to get a little more recruiting. And Diaz failed to do that, especially on the defensive side of the ball.
Which is why we are loading up on transfers and saying, "This defense could be really good next year. But f*ck if it isn't thin in way too many units." It's thin across the board because of all the whiffs on the trail.

Diaz's plan is to win. Period. We win, dudes will come. The best recruiters cant sell Miami over Clemson consistently, especially after the seasons both teams had.

Kul here was not the greatest recruiter. Relied on 3-4* guys with upside. At Bama, without much more effort, he's getting higher ranked guys.

Winning fixes recruiting. If we start 10-0, we will have a lot of good dudes

Advertisement
So many ppl want to rush the process....

Dabo didnt start getting recruits & then began winning...

He started by coaching & winning with what he had & THEN started landing recruits.

So many ppl want to rush the process....

Dabo didnt start getting recruits & then began winning...

He started by coaching & winning with what he had & THEN started landing recruits.
I just posted on another thread that if Clemson doesn’t get Watson we’re not having this conversation. Dabo got super freaking lucky by Landing that guy and it changed the face and history of that program. Watson got them to the first playoff run and threw for over 400 yards against Bama despite losing.

Advertisement
I just posted on another thread that if Clemson doesn’t get Watson we’re not having this conversation. Dabo got super freaking lucky by Landing that guy and it changed the face and history of that program. Watson got them to the first playoff run and threw for over 400 yards against Bama despite losing.
Idc about "ifs". Point is, he did get Watson. That's his job and The rest is history...

Our coaches need to do their jobs and find the next dude to get us over the hump.

Advertisement
lucky to get Watson? cmon them dudes threw bags then built the program. His job is to recruit and he does it
Lucky because he turned out to be the guy.
Most highly rated qb’s never see the league.
I’m sure they threw bags at the dude that transferred too. They’re not recruiting at this level if Watson was a bust.
The 2015 acc championship game was against unc.
Unc scored 37 points on that meth junky of a coordinator.
Watson had to score 5 td’s, throw for over 200 and rush for like 130.
So yeah they got lucky AF that he ended up being the player he is.
Did I mention that unc dropped 37 on them?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back