Tennison decommits

Advertisement
1. The amount of decommits we get per cycle is astonishing,

2. Surprised there are not more critical analysis of his game that was never brought up before, i.e. "his lateral movement is really poor" "he wont be a good RB, safety is his money position" "comp he plays is trash"; and

3. Not surprised that we are already firing coaches according to the board and we have a nice, healthy, un-argued previously Rumph vs. Banda battle.

1. The amount of decommits we get per cycle is astonishing,

2. Surprised there are not more critical analysis of his game that was never brought up before, i.e. "his lateral movement is really poor" "he wont be a good RB, safety is his money position" "comp he plays is trash"; and

3. Not surprised that we are already firing coaches according to the board and we have a nice, healthy, un-argued previously Rumph vs. Banda battle.
Its cause we get the best players we get first dibs, then teams look at our targets and flip them and we cant do anything about it. Yea we will get a few but very few aint going to win u games u will have hiccups throughout the season if your left scrambling on NSD. Recruiting is the lifeblood, i dont care whos the coach if they cant fix that they cant fix UM

Advertisement
He's a horrible recruiter. Corner depth is an absolute joke because every year we say, "We are only going to take studs, and save the scholarship for next time." But next time doesn't come, so we are paper thin at corner. In an area that shouldn't need greater coaching. We are in MIAMI. The idea that the only way we can have elite corners is if we have elite coaching, is a joke. An average to good coach should be able to field studs at the position if he recruits good enough down here.

But fine. Keep Rump. But the larger point is we went wayyyyyyyyyy too Xs and Os heavy with the defensive staff. They can't all be great teachers, much the same way every member of a baseball team can't just be great defenders. You got to sacrifice defensive with some players to get a little more of the bat. You got to sacrifice a little of the technician skills with some coaches, to get a little more recruiting. And Diaz failed to do that, especially on the defensive side of the ball.
Which is why we are loading up on transfers and saying, "This defense could be really good next year. But f*ck if it isn't thin in way too many units." It's thin across the board because of all the whiffs on the trail.
Couch is as good as anyone in the country imo and Williams we flipped on signing day and he was a kid bama wanted to EE.

you guys realize there were kids richt wouldnt let manny and his staff go after that hard? he didnt want too many street kids.
im not saying things are changing but we have talent in the secondary now.

you guys just talk stupid. Amari, GE, Gurvan Hall, Keontra Smith, yeah, he is scrapping the bottom of the barrel. smh

Yet we’re playing around with moving Finley to safety in the spring and are basically penciling in a transfer that hasn’t stepped foot on campus as starter.

We aren’t going to get bad players. Even bad recruiters are going to land some 4* players because there are so many in the area, that even a low success rate is going to result in high quality.
But we are constantly thin at every position because we miss so much and Diaz, to his credit, refuses to take reaches.

Yet we’re playing around with moving Finley to safety in the spring and are basically penciling in a transfer that hasn’t stepped foot on campus as starter.

We aren’t going to get bad players. Even bad recruiters are going to land some 4* players because there are so many in the area, that even a low success rate is going to result in high quality.
But we are constantly thin at every position because we miss so much and Diaz, to his credit, refuses to take reaches.
well diaz refused to take reaches AND richt wouldnt sign off on certain kids. I think manny will get more grimey in recruiting than richt ever would.

NY brings up good points but he already knows im on wait and see, and Im ok with dudes disagreeing. I just get real tight when we get played cause I love this team and I want them to dominate period. As a Cane fan thats all I know, destroy everyone fuq what we have to do to do it destroy everybody

Advertisement
well diaz refused to take reaches AND richt wouldnt sign off on certain kids. I think manny will get more grimey in recruiting than richt ever would.
If your right thats music to my ears, but early signs for this class look a little shaky just my opinion.

Couch is as good as anyone in the country imo and Williams we flipped on signing day and he was a kid bama wanted to EE.

you guys realize there were kids richt wouldnt let manny and his staff go after that hard? he didnt want too many street kids.
im not saying things are changing but we have talent in the secondary now.

But so what? The only reason why we need “grimes” kids are because we get bent over by everybody far too often.

I will keep asking: what defensive coach would you be worried about on the trail if you were an opposing fan?

Same **** on the trail....expected it. I wont even argue with the talking heads on here. Different era we just cant compete in.....all the fluff news and articles is the same noise/hashtag/social media bs we always hear every HC change cycle.
I will wait till the season and nsd but it smells similar to me the stench has always been the same here in recent memory.

Make me believe

Actually D, the moment we stop using hashtags, is the moment I will feel 100% on this. These gimmicks are getting played out. The moment a team starts doing all this gimmick stuff, the moment we're in trouble. We clown FSU for the whole "Do Something" gimmick, but what's different than us saying "TNM, or Come to Paradise?" Like I don't ever hear Bama, OSU, Michigan or Clemson doing this ish. We need to let our play dictate all of this.

Advertisement
Man would y'all stop crying, the kid was going to get push out anyway when a better S committed. He got a good tape but there's better S out their that's not 5'9, he can't play in the box the whole game.

Man would y'all stop crying, the kid was going to get push out anyway when a better S committed. He got a good tape but there's better S out their that's not 5'9, he can't play in the box the whole game.
The only person we are recruiting that is better than him is Williams, who is not guarantee to come back, so how would he have been pushed out?

Advertisement

No. Tennison is a stud -- better than most of the 6'1 safeties on our list. I'm not saying we won't get another good Safety, because they are certainly more out there, but I would love to have kept Tennison.

He didn’t even visit Clemson last week. Appears he’s leaning toward AU.

Advertisement
Back