Tennison decommits

Do people really believe this? That if not for Watson, a program centrally located in the heart of the south, that has just spent an ungodly amount of money the last few years on the best recruiters and facilities, would be struggling to bring in top classes?
Look at their classes up to 2014. They weren’t lighting ithe world on fire. We even beat them in recruiting rankings a few times.
Look at Watson’s stats in 2015and 2016 and look at the team they had around him. Look at the draft up to 2014 and see what we sent to the draft and what they sent.
Look at what Tennessee has spent. Look at what TAMU and a bunch of other schools have spent.
Northwestern just spent like 250 million.
They hit a home run at the right time with the right dude. If they don’t get Watson they might not have gone to the acc game in 2015. Not too many kids put up numbers like that.
His QBr during those 3 years was 188, 156, and 151. His comp %was 67.4 over that time.
We get a dude like that and sht is on.
Best thing to happen to Oklahoma was stoops letting mayfield walk on.

Advertisement
Look at their classes up to 2014. They weren’t lighting ithe world on fire. We even beat them in recruiting rankings a few times.
Look at Watson’s stats in 2015and 2016 and look at the team they had around him. Look at the draft up to 2014 and see what we sent to the draft and what they sent.
Look at what Tennessee has spent. Look at what TAMU and a bunch of other schools have spent.
They hit a home run at the right time with the right dude. If they don’t get Watson they might not have gone to the acc game in 2015. Not too many kids put up numbers like that.
His QBr during those 3 years was 188, 156, and 151. His comp %was 67.4 over that time.

Agree, QB is the only position that can have this much impact on a team. They were getting hot winning 10+ games with Tahj Boyd and once Watson took over the rest is history

Agree, QB is the only position that can have this much impact on a team. They were getting hot winning 10+ games with Tahj Boyd and once Watson took over the rest is history
In their defense they were doing exactly what they should’ve. If your in the acc in 2011-2012 and are recruiting inside the top 20 you should be able to win 9-10 games.

Once again, they were in the Top 10 in the 247 Talent Composite in 2016. Their recruiting was starting to take off.
There’s a reason people always referred to Clemson has as a “sleeping giant.” They are centrally located in the talent hub of the United States, with enough money to build a Mount Olympus and hire the best coaches. They got good not because of Watson, but because they just woke up. Show me a southern team spending 2 million + for a COORDINATOR, and I’ll show you a team that recruits at an elite level.

These other teams you’re listing, I’m not sure what your point here? That because NW spent a lot, but doesn’t recruit at an elite level, that means it’s about winning?
Do you really think an awesome facilitiy is going to allow an elite private school without much of a talent base, to recruit well? You’re just lost in the argument here.

If you opened a school in Fairbanks, Alaska, I don’t care how much you spend or how much winning you do, the recruits aren’t coming. But that would be irrelevant to the debate.

Outside of a few exceptions like Ohio State, that can go anywhere and recruit, by and large your recruiting ceiling is determined by your location.
We then ask, “okay; here is your ceiling. How do you get to it?” “Just win” isn’t it.
I agree that winning allows you to maintain recruiting. Having a car that runs properly doesn’t guarantee a customer is going to buy the car, you need sellers for that. But I don’t care how good your sellers are, if your cars are breaking down, customers are just going to stop coming to the lot. That’s what winning does. It means people will keep buying the product the coaches are selling them. But you first have to sell it. And winning doesn’t do that.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Once again, they were in the Top 10 in the 247 Talent Composite in 2016. Their recruiting was starting to take off.
There’s a reason people always referred to Clemson has as a “sleeping giant.” They are centrally located in the talent hub of the United States, with enough money to build a amount Olympus and hire the best coaches. They got good not because of Watson, but because they just woke up. Show me a southern team spending 2 million + for a COORDINATOR, and I’ll show you a team that recruits at an elite level.

These other teams you’re listing, I’m not sure what your point here? That because NW spent a lot, but doesn’t recruit at an elite level, that means it’s about winning?
Do you really think an awesome facilitiy is going to allow an elite private school without much of a talent base, to recruit well? You’re just lost in the argument here.

If you opened a school in Fairbanks, Alaska, I don’t care how much you spend or how much winning you do, the recruits aren’t coming. But that would be irrelevant to the debate.

Outside of a few exceptions like Ohio State, that can go anywhere and recruit, by and large your recruiting ceiling is determined by your location.
We then ask, “okay; here is your ceiling. How do you get to it?” “Just win” isn’t it.
I agree that winning allows you to maintain recruiting. Having a car that runs properly doesn’t guarantee a customer is going to buy the car, you need sellers for that. But I don’t care how good your sellers are, if your cars are breaking down, customers are just going to stop coming to the lot. That’s what winning does. It means people will keep buying the product the coaches are selling them. But you first have to sell it. And winning doesn’t do that.
I agree with a lot of what your saying. But Clemson isn’t the only school spending money in the south or close to recruiting hot beds. I’m not taking about anything after Watson. I’m talking about the way they recruited before Watson got there and the jump that a kid like that does to a team with decent talent around him and good coaching.
Again I’ve posted that Clemson did what they were supposed to with the talent they had. Unlike what golden and denofrio did.
I don’t understand the push back in saying that Watson made that team a national contender and appealing to a lot of kids. Again look at the talent around him and how hey recruited before and after him.
They had way more talent around KB then when Watson took them 2 years in a row to the natty game.
I’m not taking anything away from them. All I’m implying is that they are not at the level they are now if Watson doesn’t land there.
Let me ask you 2 questions cause your starting to sound pretty tiger friendly.
Who tf was calling Clemson a sleeping giant?
And if hey are then the U is a **** sleeping andromeda sized football god that went to sleep in 2002.

I agree with a lot of what your saying. But Clemson isn’t the only school spending money in the south or close to recruiting hot beds. I’m not taking about anything after Watson. I’m talking about the way they recruited before Watson got there and the jump that a kid like that does to a team with decent talent around him and good coaching.
Again I’ve posted that Clemson did what they were supposed to with the talent they had. Unlike what golden and denofrio did.
I don’t understand the push back in saying that Watson made that team a national contender and appealing to a lot of kids. Again look at the talent around him and how hey recruited before and after him.
They had way more talent around KB then when Watson took them 2 years in a row to the natty game.
I’m not taking anything away from them. All I’m implying is that they are not at the level they are now if Watson doesn’t land there.
Let me ask you 2 questions cause your starting to sound pretty tiger friendly.
Who tf was calling Clemson a sleeping giant?
And if hey are then the U is a **** sleeping andromeda sized football god that went to sleep in 2002.

1. Literally everybody called Clemson a sleeping giant. If you only follow Miami football, I get maybe you never heard that. But Clemson, Texas A&M, UCLA to some extent, etc. we’re programs constantly talked about as sleeping giants. Programs centrally located in talent hubs with the resources to take advantage of that geographical advantage. Just google “Clemson” and “sleeping giant” and plenty of articles will come up.
2. That’s not a question, just a statement. And I agree, Miami has a ton of potential. The debate isn’t whether they have potential, but how do you reach it? A staff of poor recruiters isn’t it.

And I’m not sure what point you are making with your “lots of southern teams have money” argument? Can you point me to a southern team that doesn’t bring in upper tier recruiting with the money they spend?

Looking at the 2018 Team Talent Composite:

Bama, UGA, FSU, Clemson, LSU, Texas, Florida, Auburn, Tenn. are all in the Top 15.

And that’s with a lot of sucking during the 4 year recruiting window that made up the rankings. UGA, LSU, Texas, UF, Tenn all fired coaches during that window. And FSU has their coach leave. And Jimbo left because Clemson started spending SO much money, that Jimbo said, “**** this. I’m out of here.”

Advertisement
1. Literally everybody called Clemson a sleeping giant. If you only follow Miami football, I get maybe you never heard that. But Clemson, Texas A&M, UCLA to some extent, etc. we’re programs constantly talked about as sleeping giants. Programs centrally located in talent hubs with the resources to take advantage of that geographical advantage. Just google “Clemson” and “sleeping giant” and plenty of articles will come up.
2. That’s not a question, just a statement. And I agree, Miami has a ton of potential. The debate isn’t whether they have potential, but how do you reach it? A staff of poor recruiters isn’t it.

And I’m not sure what point you are making with your “lots of southern teams have money” argument? Can you point me to a southern team that doesn’t bring in upper tier recruiting with the money they spend?

Looking at the 2018 Team Talent Composite:

Bama, UGA, FSU, Clemson, LSU, Texas, Florida, Auburn, Tenn. are all in the Top 15.

And that’s with a lot of sucking during the 4 year recruiting window that made up the rankings. UGA, LSU, Texas, UF, Tenn all fired coaches during that window. And FSU has their coach leave. And Jimbo left because Clemson started spending SO much money, that Jimbo said, “**** this. I’m out of here.”
A lot of going back and forth about money location, articles about what might be and could be and talent evaluations and whatever.
So I’ll simplify it for you.
Is Clemson where they are now without Watson?
Do they go to all those finals and playoffs. I’m sure dabo and his 2 million dollar coordinator and steroid dline had a lot to do with Watson’s final drive to bring them that natty.
Why didn’t kB take them to the final?

Mike, wake me up when Kyler Murray actually does something in the NFL. Potential is another word for ain't did **** yet.

Sorry thought you were Miami fan....cause we talking about college....and Murray did ok in college. Like I said...its just the beginning of the decommits...maybe some come back if Miami can win(should with the JV schedule we have) but last 12 years have shown Miami cant

A lot of going back and forth about money location, articles about what might be and could be and talent evaluations and whatever.
So I’ll simplify it for you.
Is Clemson where they are now without Watson?
Do they go to all those finals and playoffs. I’m sure dabo and his 2 million dollar coordinator and steroid dline had a lot to do with Watson’s final drive to bring them that natty.
Why didn’t kB take them to the final?

Is Clemson an elite program without Watson? Of course. That’s beyond debate.
Do they win the NC without him? No, but no team wins the NC without their great players on the team.

You’re so lost in the brush with this debate. You now want to argue if they would literally win a particular game without a particular player. And I honestly have no idea what the relevancy of that point is?

Advertisement
Is Clemson an elite program without Watson? Of course. That’s beyond debate.
Do they win the NC without him? No, but no team wins the NC without their great players on the team.

You’re so lost in the brush with this debate. You now want to argue if they would literally win a particular game without a particular player. And I honestly have no idea what the relevancy of that point is?
Why am I so lost in saying that you don’t make the playoffs 2 years in a row without Watson? If you don’t make the playoffs those years recruits just look at you as another above average team.
why so **** defensive it’s a straight fact that you didn’t have the talent to be there and win without that dude those 2 years. Ohio state had more talent during that time. That’s just facts and nothing to be offended at.
That’s all.
Didn’t say you weren’t an elite program.
Didn’t say you didn’t spend money or have Great facilities or a fan base.

Advertisement
Sorry thought you were Miami fan....cause we talking about college....and Murray did ok in college. Like I said...its just the beginning of the decommits...maybe some come back if Miami can win(should with the JV schedule we have) but last 12 years have shown Miami cant
I know but unlike humans like you and the crybabies. I have hope. I would rather have that than be a mope and then go I told you so. I don't want that negative ***** weak man's mindset around me. Maybe some of yall scared of adversity. I made it out of west Baltimore Mike park heights to be specific. Anything is possible

you guys just talk stupid. Amari, GE, Gurvan Hall, Keontra Smith, yeah, he is scrapping the bottom of the barrel. smh
Since lucking out on Hall, he has been scraping the barrel.

Whiffing on all of his top options.

Keontra Smith is good, but played a lot of LB, wasn’t great in coverage and may end up as a Striker.

Last edited:
I know but unlike humans like you and the crybabies. I have hope. I would rather have that than be a mope and then go I told you so. I don't want that negative ***** weak man's mindset around me. Maybe some of yall scared of adversity. I made it out of west Baltimore Mike park heights to be specific. Anything is possible

Internet tough guy....showing your weak mentality. Weak MFs like you dont like to hear facts.. Go put your skirt on like the other cheerleaders(and Banda) and go rah rah rah your weak *** down the street

Advertisement
Back