Telly Lockette to Marshall

If none of our corches get poarched, we suck because none.

If a corch gets poarched, we suck because poarched.

Well, we suck.

Alonzo.mourning.gif

Advertisement
Right move for him. I haven't followed what Marshall has been doing, but through the years they've had some successful teams. He's gotta prove himself and unless they've taken a nosedive, it's a great place for him to cut his teeth. Good luck to him.

Should've given him ST position.
KR and PR provide a spark for a team when you can take it back for a TD. Old Canes team would have a major advantage in this.
Instead we hope and pray our guys don't fumble, or they don't take it to the house when we punt/kickoff.
We lost a good recruiter and kept a man responsible for some of the worst ST I have ever seen as a fan.
Borregales saved his ***...

But it’s a win, win D because manure has no more excuses and his two BFF corches will continue to help pour more water in the sinking canoe and will be rid of Manure and flake James at the end of next year. after they of course **** the bed again like every year and the team quits on him like the last two years. Hopefully maricon Frenk is gonna too and god willing as we have suffered enough we get a good administration that cares and knows about about the game of football and makes a quality hire like Gary Patterson would have been in 2006 instead of another “make a wish” hire. 🤬
Sucks cause we have some of the most elite des ever in sfla. For him to get fired sucks at the same time we lose out on possible all time players. But its Miami so its what we do

Advertisement
Baker has been successful D coordinator at major college program for years. Lockett has been a major D coordinator at the high school level. No more high school coaches, expecially ones from Dade or Broward.
He’s an offensive coach not defense, was the running backs coach at Miami Northwestern and when he was at Central his explosive offense re-wrote the state record book, including breaking the record for points per game in a season.

He’s a recruiter that’s why. RB and TE are the easiest positions to coach.
Have U coached the RB and TE positions??? Asking for a friend...
Tired Joe Biden GIF by Bianca Bosso

Advertisement
I wanted Lockette to remain with the program and his departure hurts. No doubt. I also want Baker gone and am meh on Patke. But, what position is Telly gonna coach? LBs? Striker? STs?

Our problems on D stem from our inability to develop talent and poor evaluation and recruiting at one spot - LBs. That falls squarely on Diaz and Baker. Telly isn't qualified for either of those roles (albeit he could recruit better talent at LB).

He is an experienced CFB assistant and I don't blame him for leaving after a year and being "bypassed" for 3 staff openings. But, he's a square peg and we have a need for a round peg right now.

If either Fields or Hickson bounce then bring him back.

Just like Ice Harris am i right? FOH

Can anyone name one SFL HS coach who went on do anything of substance on the P5 level?

I wanted Lockette to remain with the program and his departure hurts. No doubt. I also want Baker gone and am meh on Patke. But, what position is Telly gonna coach? LBs? Striker? STs?

Our problems on D stem from our inability to develop talent and poor evaluation and recruiting at one spot - LBs. That falls squarely on Diaz and Baker. Telly isn't qualified for either of those roles (albeit he could recruit better talent at LB).

He is an experienced CFB assistant and I don't blame him for leaving after a year and being "bypassed" for 3 staff openings. But, he's a square peg and we have a need for a round peg right now.

If either Fields or Hickson bounce then bring him back.
Ye aand the crazy part is Fields AND Hickson are south florida guys so dont see them going anywhere any time soon unless fired. Those 2 are likely at their "dream jobs" currently

Leave it to Diaz to allow an elite recruiter to leave while allowing his valueless friends remain on staff. He deserves everything he has coming.

And for everybody that keeps saying he had no college experience, he coached TE’s at FSU for 2 years, RB’s coach at USF for 3 years & was RB’s coach at Oregon State for 3 years.

That’s 8 years of college experience as a full time position coach on staffs.

But why on Earth would knowing what your talking about ever matter on here lol.
Correct me if I’m wrong but the most any of those Oregon State and USF teams won in a year was 4 games while he was there. And FSU best record when he was there was 6-7?

I get the local ties but what has he shown at the college level to warrant all this commotion about losing him? Is it just his recruiting? We just signed the number 11 class with 3 good potentially great transfers added on top. Who was he crucial in landing for us? Who are all the local studs he pulled in his 2 years at FSU? Where are the south Florida ballers he pulled at USF and Oregon State?

We also have plenty of local ties if we are being honest. T rob, DVD, Cooney, Field, Hickson, And that’s before you take into consideration we are the local University that will always have a strong presence regardless of who’s on staff.

The reality is is having some coaches that have ties to areas other than South Florida is important too.

It’s not like he’s leaving to some top program he’s going to Marshall... the same Marshall that just pushed out the C-USA head coach of the year. Marshall will not be beating us for any recruits we are targeting.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Lol at the mopes jumping on this. He was supposed to have been brought in for recruiting and recruiting has been great so not sure what the snarky posts are about. Y’all ain’t want him to be nothing more than a ST coach at best
Correct me if I’m wrong but the most any of those Oregon State and USF teams won in a year was 4 games while he was there. And FSU best record when he was there was 6-7?

I get the local ties but what has he shown at the college level to warrant all this commotion about losing him? Is it just his recruiting? We just signed the number 11 class with 3 good potentially great transfers added on top. Who was he crucial in landing for us? Who are all the local studs he pulled in his 2 years at FSU? Where are the south Florida ballers he pulled at USF and Oregon State?

It’s not like he’s leaving to some top program he’s going to Marshall... the same Marshall that just pushed out the C-USA head coach of the year. Marshall will not be beating us for any recruits we are targeting.

I think Coach Huff is going to do very well at Marshall, program had grown a little stagnant under Doc.

I get your point about not losing recruits to Marshall that we really want. But I think the people that are upset about losing him are less concerned about what he’s going to do at Marshall and more concerned about what he could have done here, especially with Patke and Baker still on staff.

For the record, I don’t feel strongly about it either way but that seems to be why some people are upset.

I get the local ties but what has he shown at the college level to warrant all this commotion about losing him? Is it just his recruiting? We just signed the number 11 class with 3 good potentially great transfers added on top.

You think position coaches are responsible for Wins & Losses?

And you’re missing the point. The reason why it’s a deal that he’s leaving is because he’s a really good recruiter & when you’ve struggled with recruiting like we have you want to keep as much help as you can on your staff. You mention how we just finished with the #11 class, Coach Lockette is part of the reason for that, we had the most success we’ve had in recruiting Local talent in quite some time & it’s no coincidence that he was here when we did.

In addition to the fact when you have coaches like Baker & Patke who are unqualified to be here in the first place on staff it makes losing a guy like Lockette look worse because he brings more value to the team than them.

It doesn’t matter whether he’s going to Marshall or NE Louisiana State, the point is, he was here & could’ve been a very good addition to our recruiting efforts & helping secure future talent from local schools that we’ll be battling it out with SEC powers for.

No it’s not the end of the world that he’s gone, no one has ever said that, the point that yall keep glossing over is the fact is he brings something that we’ve been missing for decades at the U, while simultaneously we have coaches who are nothing more than Rubber duckies on staff who bring absolutely nothing to the table.

The reason why you guys try so hard to discredit Telly or minimize his impact is because yall constantly trying to justify every dumb decision Manny makes, but then yall will be the same ones all shocked & surprised when we miss on some high caliber 4/5-star kid we were recruiting & won’t understand why we couldn’t land him. It’s because Manny has ducks on his staff that yall will catch bullets for while bashing the dudes who can actually sell & get NLI’s signed.

Lockette is not irreplaceable nor is he the greatest coach ever, NO ONE HAS SAID THAT. But you know what he is? A **** good weapon to have on the trail when you’re trying to land kids like Wesley Bissainthe or Shemar Stewart etc., instead yall want us to load up on Patke’s & Baker’s who barely know what day it is let alone give us a shot to bring in elite talent. You’d rather have him here at Miami than letting him go, regardless of where he’s going, that’s the point.

But at the end of the day it’s really all a moot point, you guys get real obtuse when trying to justify bad moves, but just ask yourself, if you have to reach so far to explain a questionable decision, why are you defending that decision in the first place?

Advertisement
Lol at the mopes jumping on this. He was supposed to have been brought in for recruiting and recruiting has been great so not sure what the snarky posts are about. Y’all ain’t want him to be nothing more than a ST coach at best

I think Coach Huff is going to do very well at Marshall, program had grown a little stagnant under Doc.

I get your point about not losing recruits to Marshall that we really want. But I think the people that are upset about losing him are less concerned about what he’s going to do at Marshall and more concerned about what he could have done here, especially with Patke and Baker still on staff.

For the record, I don’t feel strongly about it either way but that seems to be why some people are upset.
I know he was brought in to recruit and recruiting has been good I just question how much he really made a difference. We signed 1 kid out of Central that was coming with or without Lockett on staff. There’s also not a ton of evidence he loved the needle in any significant way for FSU when he was there. His biggest contribution to them was when he was a high school coach lol.

I know folks are concerned about what he could have done here but if we sign Bissainthe and any other 3 or 4 star LB this class how much better could he realistically have done? If we miss on Bissainthe then I’ll tip my cap but I don’t think we miss.

My thinking is that his Miami ties are kind of redundant on our staff. We got the local ties covered. The ability to have ties in GA, LA, and TX to supplement our local ties is useful especially since the quality of coaching is more or less going to be a wash no reason to believe anything otherwise.

You think position coaches are responsible for Wins & Losses?

And you’re missing the point. The reason why it’s a deal that he’s leaving is because he’s a really good recruiter & when you’ve struggled with recruiting like we have you want to keep as much help as you can on your staff. You mention how we just finished with the #11 class, Coach Lockette is part of the reason for that, we had the most success we’ve had in recruiting Local talent in quite some time & it’s no coincidence that he was here when we did.

In addition to the fact when you have coaches like Baker & Patke who are unqualified to be here in the first place on staff it makes losing a guy like Lockette look worse because he brings more value to the team than them.

It doesn’t matter whether he’s going to Marshall or NE Louisiana State, the point is, he was here & could’ve been a very good addition to our recruiting efforts & helping secure future talent from local schools that we’ll be battling it out with SEC powers for.

No it’s not the end of the world that he’s gone, no one has ever said that, the point that yall keep glossing over is the fact is he brings something that we’ve been missing for decades at the U, while simultaneously we have coaches who are nothing more than Rubber duckies on staff who bring absolutely nothing to the table.

The reason why you guys try so hard to discredit Telly or minimize his impact is because yall constantly trying to justify every dumb decision Manny makes, but then yall will be the same ones all shocked & surprised when we miss on some high caliber 4/5-star kid we were recruiting & won’t understand why we couldn’t land him. It’s because Manny has ducks on his staff that yall will catch bullets for while bashing the dudes who can actually sell & get NLI’s signed.

Lockette is not irreplaceable nor is he the greatest coach ever, NO ONE HAS SAID THAT. But you know what he is? A **** good weapon to have on the trail when you’re trying to land kids like Wesley Bissainthe or Shemar Stewart etc., instead yall want us to load up on Patke’s & Baker’s who barely know what day it is let alone give us a shot to bring in elite talent. You’d rather have him here at Miami than letting him go, regardless of where he’s going, that’s the point.

But at the end of the day it’s really all a moot point, you guys get real obtuse when trying to justify bad moves, but just ask yourself, if you have to reach so far to explain a questionable decision, why are you defending that decision in the first place?
I don’t think I’m reaching though... who did he play a crucial role in landing this cycle? Who has he really pulled of significance when he was at other schools?

What makes Telly more qualified than Patke and Baker from an on field position coaching perspective?

And if we end up signing Bissainthe without Lockette how much better could we really do at LB had we kept him?

My main thing really is his main asset is his local ties and I fell like we have a ton with or without him.

And no I don’t think position coaches make up the win loss record but I do think that good position coaches find themselves coaching on winning teams every now and then.

Last edited:
I don’t think I’m reaching though... who did he play a crucial role in landing this cycle? Who has he really pulled of significance when he was at other schools?
What makes Telly more qualified than Patke and Baker from an on field position coaching perspective?
The MNW Kids, James Williams & helped us keep Big Baby Seymore, but beyond that he has much deeper ties than just Miami central. The entire coaching staff at Edison loves Lockette because many of them played for or worked for him when they first came up.

When he was at USF he brought them Quinton Flowers, Deatrick Nichols, Khalid McGee & Marlon Mack who is actually originally from Overtown & his family played at BTW & one of his coaches at BTW played for Lockette in HS. At Oregon State he got Artravis Pierce, Damien Haskins, Christian Wallace, Quantino Allen from Glades Central & Shemar Smith from Jackson. At FSU he signed Malcolm Ray, Lloyd Willis & the reason why Jarvis Brownlee flipped from Miami to FSU was because the CB’s coach at CC at the time was Coach Jube Joseph (who’s now the DB’s coach at Florida Memorial) & Coach Jube played for Telly at Central & got his first job ever in coaching because Telly hired him, so he hand delivered Brownlee over to Lockette at FSU even though he was still committed to Miami.

And what exactly makes you think either baker or Patke would have a better chance at landing Bissainthe when Bissainthe’s LB coach at Central was another former Lockette player? Has Baker shown that he can recruit Elite LB’s??? Has Patke??? They’re both from Houston, who have they signed from Houston besides Corey Flagg??? What elite defensive talent have any of them ever signed???

You guys wanna uphold Baker & Patke while tearing down Lockette, but WTF have they proven since being at Miami? Seriously, what have either one of those fckin glorified mannequins proven that they’re worthy of keeping their jobs here? The play at LB was the LOWEST GRADED unit by PFF this last season, we didn’t have a single LB with an above 50 rating, you know how fckin bad that is? And the former D-coordinator was the same guy calling plays when we gave up 778 yards in a game & got stripped of his play calling duties, but yeah he’s definitely more qualified than Telly lol smh.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back