Telly Lockette to Marshall

Advertisement
And for everybody that keeps saying he had no college experience, he coached TE’s at FSU for 2 years, RB’s coach at USF for 3 years & was RB’s coach at Oregon State for 3 years.

That’s 8 years of college experience as a full time position coach on staffs.

But why on Earth would knowing what your talking about ever matter on here lol.

Advertisement
And for everybody that keeps saying he had no college experience, he coached TE’s at FSU for 2 years, RB’s coach at USF for 3 years & was RB’s coach at Oregon State for 3 years.

Thank you El;

On my mama, I swear when ever a kid transfers or a coach leaves, they were weak. Lol. I was hella scratching my head at these post. I know fa sho Telly was an on-field coach, and I know even fa sho’er (lol) that we were ecstatic about the pick up on staff to further lock down So Fla b/c of his recruiting prowess. Now? He’s weak & was only a HS coach???!!! Lol. Like FSU didn’t exist? (Although lately, some high schools could beat FSU. Lol).

Thank you El;

On my mama, I swear when ever a kid transfers or a coach leaves, they were weak. Lol. I was hella scratching my head at these post. I know fa sho Telly was an on-field coach, and I know even fa sho’er (lol) that we were ecstatic about the pick up on staff to further lock down So Fla b/c of his recruiting prowess. Now? He’s weak & was only a HS coach???!!! Lol. Like FSU didn’t exist? (Although lately, some high schools could beat FSU. Lol).
I think you're missing the point. I'm not saying either. Maybe he'd be a great position coach here but the drumbeat the last few weeks here has been how it sucks we have G5 level coaches. Well that's the job he just took. People can try to have it all ways but it's hard to take them seriously then. Either it matters or it doesn't. It doesn't only matter when it's a good reason to ***** about Manny.

Advertisement

Don't speak truth to these jabronis.

They'll have nothing to say after that post.

I mean it's not even meant to be snarky. It's just facts. If he was such a hot commodity why is he headed to C-USA?
On the other hand, maybe the Miami job is so bad, he sees Marshall as an upgrade.

Advertisement
I think you're missing the point. I'm not saying either. Maybe he'd be a great position coach here but the drumbeat the last few weeks here has been how it sucks we have G5 level coaches. Well that's the job he just took. People can try to have it all ways but it's hard to take them seriously then. Either it matters or it doesn't. It doesn't only matter when it's a good reason to ***** about Manny.

But he wasn’t a G5 coach. Lol. He was an on field coach for a P5 school. He may have taken a G5 position b/c that was available, but we put a guy in DVD w/ no coaching experience to coach our CBs, and we had a former P5 coach & great recruiter sit back, & now he’s bounced. I don’t see the correlation.

My post wasn’t about chitting on Manny; he does very well chitting on himself. My post was about posters on here who all of sudden said Lockett was a high school level coach, when just last yr, the same posters were praising the hire. Lol

Wait, so now we’re supposed to want former high school coaches with no college experience to get on field jobs here? Just last week we were supposed to hate that sort of thing. It’s tough to keep up around here.

Really though, guys like Lockette were given support positions here because of their recruiting ties. Of course other schools are going to eventually try to pry away guys like that with actual coaching positions. He’s trying to climb the ladder and G5 position coach is the next rung. I’m sure if he’s able to pull some local guys, the bigger schools will come calling in a few years. Maybe Miami will be looking to fill a coaching spot that usually goes to recruiters like RB or TE coach.
Telly has been an on the field coach previously. He was at Oregon State as well as USF.

Advertisement
Telly was an on the field coach at 2 P5 schools before he got here. Manny’s boys were not ever even position coaches at P5’s before they got here but both are coordinator positions that’s where the frustration is from

Lol at the mopes jumping on this. He was supposed to have been brought in for recruiting and recruiting has been great so not sure what the snarky posts are about. Y’all ain’t want him to be nothing more than a ST coach at best..

"He was supposed to have been brought in for recruiting and recruiting has been great "

If he was brought in for recruiting and recruiting has been great.....perhaps its not a good thing he is leaving.

Lol at the mopes jumping on this. He was supposed to have been brought in for recruiting and recruiting has been great so not sure what the snarky posts are about. Y’all ain’t want him to be nothing more than a ST coach at best..
With CMD decision concerning the DEF, this is troubling for me. AT WORSE Diaz runs the DEF, Patke coaches LBs, and Telly gets promoted to STs. Even if UM has to eat Baker's dead money for 1 year you KEPT an ELITE SoFLA recruiter on staff.

Wait, so now we’re supposed to want former high school coaches with no college experience to get on field jobs here? Just last week we were supposed to hate that sort of thing. It’s tough to keep up around here.

Really though, guys like Lockette were given support positions here because of their recruiting ties. Of course other schools are going to eventually try to pry away guys like that with actual coaching positions. He’s trying to climb the ladder and G5 position coach is the next rung. I’m sure if he’s able to pull some local guys, the bigger schools will come calling in a few years. Maybe Miami will be looking to fill a coaching spot that usually goes to recruiters like RB or TE coach.
Dalvin Cook...Joseph Yearby...Devanta Freeman All came out of Telly Lockette backfields in highschool if you wanna see how impressive he is just google “Miami Central Football” thats why UM sucks now we need some Culture and People who actually know the streets of miami not the silver spooners

Advertisement
Back