Telly Lockette to Marshall

Advertisement
Telly, we hardly knew ye.

Rather have him here in some on-field position than Patke or Baker.

Great job Mandy (!)
He played LB in college but all his coaching jobs from HS until now have been on offense. I don't know how good he's on that side of the ball if no one has hired him for Defense.

Advertisement
Telly, we hardly knew ye.

Rather have him here in some on-field position than Patke or Baker.

Great job Mandy (!)
Another high school coach. He can to your YOUR Gators or to Marshall as long as he does NOT coach at Miami.

Advertisement
Wait, so now we’re supposed to want former high school coaches with no college experience to get on field jobs here? Just last week we were supposed to hate that sort of thing. It’s tough to keep up around here.

Really though, guys like Lockette were given support positions here because of their recruiting ties. Of course other schools are going to eventually try to pry away guys like that with actual coaching positions. He’s trying to climb the ladder and G5 position coach is the next rung. I’m sure if he’s able to pull some local guys, the bigger schools will come calling in a few years. Maybe Miami will be looking to fill a coaching spot that usually goes to recruiters like RB or TE coach.

Advertisement
Wait, so now we’re supposed to want former high school coaches with no college experience to get on field jobs here? Just last week we were supposed to hate that sort of thing. It’s tough to keep up around here.

Really though, guys like Lockette were given support positions here because of their recruiting ties. Of course other schools are going to eventually try to pry away guys like that with actual coaching positions. He’s trying to climb the ladder and G5 position coach is the next rung. I’m sure if he’s able to pull some local guys, the bigger schools will come calling in a few years. Maybe Miami will be looking to fill a coaching spot that usually goes to recruiters like RB or TE coach.
Bro he's from the crib and was a really good HS coach = he'd be an elite P5 recruiter and coach at Miami - CIS logic

Bro he's from the crib and was a really good HS coach = he'd be an elite P5 recruiter and coach at Miami - CIS logic
Lol. That’s about right for this place. Honestly, maybe he turns out to be a good coach but right now there’s already enough unproven guys on the staff and I understand they can’t promote everyone. Especially since they went out of their way to keep DVD around.

Advertisement
Lol at the mopes jumping on this. He was supposed to have been brought in for recruiting and recruiting has been great so not sure what the snarky posts are about. Y’all ain’t want him to be nothing more than a ST coach at best..

Advertisement
Back