Tedarrell Slaton down to 2

That boy in the interview said he cut out schools who were recruiting him on offense but y'all going to blame rumph regardless

But three weeks before National Signing Day, he says he's narrowed his list of favored suitors to two of the college programs recruiting him to play D – Florida and Georgia.

"I cut all the schools out that offered me for offense," Slaton said.

Heritage star OL T.J. Slaton aims to play defense in college - Sun Sentinel

Then Rumph should have known enough to recruit him as a DT and then switch his fat *** to the OL. One of the advantages of hiring a high school coach is supposed to be that they know the kids very well so you can avoid dumb **** like this.

Kid is a moron regardless.

Advertisement
His fat *** cant fire off the ball when playing oline but im supposed to believe hes going to be a dt?? Right... deuces fatboy

That boy in the interview said he cut out schools who were recruiting him on offense but y'all going to blame rumph regardless

But three weeks before National Signing Day, he says he's narrowed his list of favored suitors to two of the college programs recruiting him to play D – Florida and Georgia.

Then Rumph should have known enough to recruit him as a DT and then switch his fat *** to the OL. One of the advantages of hiring a high school coach is supposed to be that they know the kids very well so you can avoid dumb **** like this.

if we do that, we get crushed. if other schools do it, its not a big deal.

Soflo kids have reached a new low. Something in the water at that school to create so many f*cktards

Advertisement
he is too fat and weak minded to have success at DT. I just wish we had known months ago that he wanted to play DT....would have liked to focus attention on actual OL prospects instead.

Slaton doesn't impress me at all, and I've been consistent on this. The only Heritage OL or DL who impresses me is Nesta Silvera and that is because he is big, has great feet and upper body strength and has a ton of dog in him.
If you don't have that dog on the interior you don't stand a chance at the high D1 level.

Bull****. We've done it in the past. We promised Allen Bailey he'd be an LB and gave him a "chance" to play Lb and then switched him. Other schools do this all the time and Miami shouldn't be retarded about it.

Advertisement

Bull****. We've done it in the past. We promised Allen Bailey he'd be an LB and gave him a "chance" to play Lb and then switched him. Other schools do this all the time and Miami shouldn't be retarded about it.

you realize bailey isn't from south florida...it matters where the recruit is from. if we lie to a local recruit, we get killed locally by coaches and handlers.

Rumph could've known everything. Its up to Kool, Searels and Richt to make that decision on how to offer.

I don't give much of a **** about this guy because I don't think you can compete at a high level in the trenches as a big flappy pvssy.

But i doubt UF never recruited him as an OG. They elected to tell him what he wanted to hear (that he can play DT) in order to sign him. They know he won't play DT.

Is he going to be there when it gets tough?
I'm one of those dudes who puts a huge premium on attitude at DL and OL. If you're not a rabid dog I wouldn't even recruit you at those spots. Guys like Turdbarrel are coach killers at this level.

Miami has put themselves in a uncomfortable recruiting position. Thinking we would land who we targeted at first at receiver and then striking out only to be told no by Harley when the staff was confident they would get him. Same thing at oline thinking we would land Herbert and slaton on oline and shunning Telfort like that was a smart thing to do.. Got to make better calculated decisions this next class

Advertisement
Miami has put themselves in a uncomfortable recruiting position. Thinking we would land who we targeted at first at receiver and then striking out only to be told no by Harley when the staff was confident they would get him. Same thing at oline thinking we would land Herbert and slaton on oline and shunning Telfort like that was a smart thing to do.. Got to make better calculated decisions this next class

You do realize you are basing all of this off the word of exactly one person. The creation of a Harley, Herbert and Slaton to Miami was generated in one place. 1. In the same thread you are defending Rumph. Rumph needs to do something, not be defended for what may or may not be his miss.

Last edited:
This really isn't that complicated. Why waste 3, 2, or even 1 year by playing the recruiting game and letting him try to play DT?
In that time we could just use the scholarship on someone else and actually develop them at the position they are supposed to play.

Anyways this kid doesn't want to be a Cane, regardless if we offered him at DT.

Maybe we can get Herbert if not, whatever. We definitely are going to need some OT's in next years class though.

you realize bailey isn't from south florida...it matters where the recruit is from. if we lie to a local recruit, we get killed locally by coaches and handlers.

LOL it has nothing to do with lying to him. Let him try to play DT. Then tell him he sucks and is getting moved. You guys make up all these dumb reasons Miami can't do the same **** UF is doing as if UF won't be recruiting American Heritage any time soon.

Advertisement
So Mike Rumph gets blamed for the perceived "recruiting loss" when we offered the kid as an OL and he suddenly only wants to play DT? Never mind the fact Mike Rumph -- who played behind Vince Wilfork and William Joseph and knows a thing or two about what a UM DT looks like -- watched Slaton on a daily basis in practice for 3 years...

At the end of the day, with all the information at our disposal on Slaton, if UM was only interested in him on offense, I'm good with that. If Slaton has (rather recently) decided he isn't feeling offensive line anymore, and doesn't want to go to any schools offering him for OL, I am good with that, too. But good luck, kid. I expect you'll need it.

Rumph gets blamed for being a poor recruiter because he has not pulled a single kid from the high school he used to coach, which is stacked with P5 talent. Not a single one. That's basically an unprecedented failure.

This is just the latest example of it. If the kids wants to play defense you tell him you'll play him at DT and you give him some practice reps than move him back to OG when he sucks at DT. It's not rocket science, and that is exactly what UGA and UF are going to do. Apparently to Rumph recruiting is quantum physics and he never passed fifth grade math.

Re-read my comment (or continue with the straw man argument, whatever is easy). I was not addressing Rumph as a recruiter overall, but in this particular instance. He clearly needs some schooling on the ins and outs of recruiting at a P5 school. But in this case, it's more on the kid and his desire to play out of position than it is on Rumph.

And as far as lying to kids about where they are going to play, I don't think that the best plan long term, especially with SoFla schools and coaches. Reputation matters; it takes years to build up, but can be lost in an instance.

UF and UGA according to the sun sentinel

Also has decided he wants to play DT

Ga's offer to Slaton is dependent on where Solomon signs, if Ga does not get him they may sign Slaton. Ga about 8 deep on D-line and have 2 committed and have 6 committed on O-line. Slaton would sit couple years before being shifted to O guard similarly to Gilliard who was singed as 4 star D tackle , but will be center next year. Kid must not want playing time.

Rumph could've known everything. Its up to Kool, Searels and Richt to make that decision on how to offer.

Yeah sure it's everybody else's fault besides the guy who can't land anybody.

Advertisement
Back