Tedarrell Slaton down to 2

Advertisement
Wasn't expecting him. Those kids from AH hate Rumph.

He seems like an Xs and Os type, which is fine by me. Just coach up the kids and have them produce.

Everyone isn't a recruiter. Clearly.

If he thinks he can play DT, then I can't knock him, because the same thing happened to Norton and it worked out great for us and him, hope he's goes to UGA tho

Norton started both ways on his high school team and had the film to prove it.

Watching Slaton play dline...was like

Blind_kid_playing_football.gif

i guess he can be trained to be anose in a particular scheme...but theres not much 6'5 350 pd dt out there

Wasn't expecting him. Those kids from AH hate Rumph.

He seems like an Xs and Os type, which is fine by me. Just coach up the kids and have them produce.

Everyone isn't a recruiter. Clearly.
We have some true idiots on the board. Slaton clearly said he cut all schools that recruited him as a offensive lineman but yet that's rumph fault? Come on now..

Advertisement
I highly doubt those teams recruiting him for "defense" are serious about it, just playing the game. Dude will get a couple snaps on defense they'll say he is not good enough and voila he is back to guard. Don't see why we can't do that ****.

And yea, it's totally not a failure by Rumph...he apparently gets a pass on everyone from his old high school. Dude can't recruit.

We didn't do this why ?

So Mike Rumph gets blamed for the perceived "recruiting loss" when we offered the kid as an OL and he suddenly only wants to play DT? Never mind the fact Mike Rumph -- who played behind Vince Wilfork and William Joseph and knows a thing or two about what a UM DT looks like -- watched Slaton on a daily basis in practice for 3 years...

At the end of the day, with all the information at our disposal on Slaton, if UM was only interested in him on offense, I'm good with that. If Slaton has (rather recently) decided he isn't feeling offensive line anymore, and doesn't want to go to any schools offering him for OL, I am good with that, too. But good luck, kid. I expect you'll need it.

Advertisement
So Mike Rumph gets blamed for the perceived "recruiting loss" when we offered the kid as an OL and he suddenly only wants to play DT? Never mind the fact Mike Rumph -- who played behind Vince Wilfork and William Joseph and knows a thing or two about what a UM DT looks like -- watched Slaton on a daily basis in practice for 3 years...

At the end of the day, with all the information at our disposal on Slaton, if UM was only interested in him on offense, I'm good with that. If Slaton has (rather recently) decided he isn't feeling offensive line anymore, and doesn't want to go to any schools offering him for OL, I am good with that, too. But good luck, kid. I expect you'll need it.

Rumph gets blamed for being a poor recruiter because he has not pulled a single kid from the high school he used to coach, which is stacked with P5 talent. Not a single one. That's basically an unprecedented failure.

This is just the latest example of it. If the kids wants to play defense you tell him you'll play him at DT and you give him some practice reps than move him back to OG when he sucks at DT. It's not rocket science, and that is exactly what UGA and UF are going to do. Apparently to Rumph recruiting is quantum physics and he never passed fifth grade math.

Not a fan of Rumph's recruiting. But not going to put this one on him. Even though UF and UGA are offering him at defense, you know full well they're going to place him at DT once he gets on campus. Kids certainly are gullible these days.

Edit: Meant OG

Last edited:

Rumph gets blamed for being a poor recruiter because he has not pulled a single kid from the high school he used to coach, which is stacked with P5 talent. Not a single one. That's basically an unprecedented failure.

This is just the latest example of it. If the kids wants to play defense you tell him you'll play him at DT and you give him some practice reps than move him back to OG when he sucks at DT. It's not rocket science, and that is exactly what UGA and UF are going to do. Apparently to Rumph recruiting is quantum physics and he never passed fifth grade math.

Whatever Rumph's failures he probably doesn't have the go-ahead to tell a kid that plays a position that he won't even coach what position he'll get to play just to get him to sign. That's sounds like something you have to run by Coach Kool, Searels and Richt.

Advertisement
If he thinks he can play DT, then I can't knock him, because the same thing happened to Norton and it worked out great for us and him, hope he's goes to UGA tho

Norton started both ways on his high school team and had the film to prove it.

Watching Slaton play dline...was like

Blind_kid_playing_football.gif

i guess he can be trained to be anose in a particular scheme...but theres not much 6'5 350 pd dt out there

Good one!

TJ was never actually coming here anyway... Early on in his recruitment Clemson & Michigan were his top 2 schools...

Later in the process as it became more clear that he was not a take for either Clemson or Michigan, Kentucky & UF got moved up to the top of his list.

Remeber when the main thing for him was playing D1 Basketball? Lol

Slaton never liked Miami, if you go back & read some of the comments he would make whenever asked about Miami, it was always pretty apparent he wasn't high on us at all.

I guess Richt made a bit of a push with him, but in reality we didn't really have a shot unless we threw rose petals at his feet.

This DT stuff is just him believing his own hype, he cannot play DT at the next level, he's a 360lbs NT, and what he'll realize the hard way is that both UGA & UF already have plenty of DT's ahead of him & he will hardly ever see the field as a DT.

This isn't on Rumph, it's not his job to recruit OL's & to be honest it doesn't matter who was recruiting him, he didn't want to come here because he wants to go to a school that will baby him & not push him whatsoever.

The only reason why any of us ever considered him as a possibility in this class was because Pete told us we would land him, I don't think anyone really ever believed that though. (Not talking bad on Pete btw, just saying it never seemed realistic that we land both Herb & Slate).

Last edited:
Advertisement
So UM recruits him on offense for a year and now in the past couple weeks he wants to play defense and its Rumphs fault for not lying well enough knowing that Slaton will know its bull**** and good chance the kid is making an excuse because he doesn'twant to cdo to UM but sure let's blame Rumph because god forbid the thought this kid is a diva/idiot/ future transfer when he sees the school he signs with is full of ****

TJ was never actually coming here anyway... Early on in his recruitment Clemson & Michigan were his top 2 schools...

Later in the process as it became more clear that he was not a take for either Clemson or Michigan, Kentucky & UF got moved up to the top of his list.

Remeber when the main thing for him was playing D1 Basketball? Lol

Slaton never liked Miami, if you go back & read some of the comments he would make whenever asked about Miami, it was always pretty apparent he wasn't high on Miami at all.

I guess Richt made a bit of a push with him, but in reality we didn't really have a shot unless we threw rose petals at his feet.

This DT stuff is just him believing his own hype, he cannot play DT at the next level, he's a 360lbs NT, and what he'll realize the hard way is that both UGA & UF already have plenty of DT's ahead of him & he will hardly ever see the field as a DT.

This isn't on Rumph, it's not his job to recruit OL's & to be honest it doesn't matter who was recruiting him, he didn't want to come here because he wants to go to a school that will baby him & not push him whatsoever.

The only reason why any of us ever considered him as a possibility in this class was because Pete told us we would land him, I don't think anyone really ever believed that though. (Not talking bad on Pete btw, just saying it never seemed realistic that we land both Herb & Slate).

I remember that basketball thing and I replied he needed to loose 100 lbs to have a whisker of a chance.

Advertisement
Back