Tedarrell Slaton down to 2

Excuses are justified in this case in regards to this particular recruit from Heritage, but what on earth will anyone have to say when/if Rumph doesn't land Tyson Campbell in 2018?

- Rumph was Campbell's optimist coach and coached him for two years at AH.
- [MENTION=13993]RattlerCane305[/MENTION], a poster here who says he's Campbell's cousin and has given some insight in the past, has said of Rumph/Campbell a while back "they've been connected at the hip since Tyson started playing."
- Campbell has called Rumph a "second father figure" to him.
- Rumph is our CB coach and Campbell is a premier recruit at either CB or FS.

I'd love to see the lengths some would go to excuse Rumph missing on Campbell if he heads elsewhere next year. Of all the top talent to come out of AH since Rumph was hired, Campbell should be an absolute layup for us considering their relationship.

Advertisement
Yeah I gotta say this is an acceptable reason to miss out on this dude. He aint a DT, and I Don't want him if we have to wast 2 years on him when we know he won't be a DT anyways.

Yeah I gotta say this is an acceptable reason to miss out on this dude. He aint a DT, and I Don't want him if we have to wast 2 years on him when we know he won't be a DT anyways.

Nice guys finish last Fck that offer give him his chance than move him if it doesn't work out .

If he thinks he can play DT, then I can't knock him, because the same thing happened to Norton and it worked out great for us and him, hope he's goes to UGA tho

Norton started both ways on his high school team and had the film to prove it.

Watching Slaton play dline...was like

Blind_kid_playing_football.gif

i guess he can be trained to be anose in a particular scheme...but theres not much 6'5 350 pd dt out there

Lmaooo

Advertisement
So Mike Rumph gets blamed for the perceived "recruiting loss" when we offered the kid as an OL and he suddenly only wants to play DT? Never mind the fact Mike Rumph -- who played behind Vince Wilfork and William Joseph and knows a thing or two about what a UM DT looks like -- watched Slaton on a daily basis in practice for 3 years...

At the end of the day, with all the information at our disposal on Slaton, if UM was only interested in him on offense, I'm good with that. If Slaton has (rather recently) decided he isn't feeling offensive line anymore, and doesn't want to go to any schools offering him for OL, I am good with that, too. But good luck, kid. I expect you'll need it.

Is Herbert also demanding to play DT too?If not Rumph still has a chance here.

He wanted to be a 350 pound pg and now a DT when nobody believes he can play there now but he's somehow someone to rely on

Nice guys finish last Fck that offer give him his chance than move him if it doesn't work out .

Why? Wastes 2 years we could be developing another OLineman.

Advertisement
So Mike Rumph gets blamed for the perceived "recruiting loss" when we offered the kid as an OL and he suddenly only wants to play DT? Never mind the fact Mike Rumph -- who played behind Vince Wilfork and William Joseph and knows a thing or two about what a UM DT looks like -- watched Slaton on a daily basis in practice for 3 years...

At the end of the day, with all the information at our disposal on Slaton, if UM was only interested in him on offense, I'm good with that. If Slaton has (rather recently) decided he isn't feeling offensive line anymore, and doesn't want to go to any schools offering him for OL, I am good with that, too. But good luck, kid. I expect you'll need it.

Rumph gets blamed for being a poor recruiter because he has not pulled a single kid from the high school he used to coach, which is stacked with P5 talent. Not a single one. That's basically an unprecedented failure.

This is just the latest example of it. If the kids wants to play defense you tell him you'll play him at DT and you give him some practice reps than move him back to OG when he sucks at DT. It's not rocket science, and that is exactly what UGA and UF are going to do. Apparently to Rumph recruiting is quantum physics and he never passed fifth grade math.
Here's the thing...

Most of the AH kids are overrated as ****... Yeah I know they went undefeated & won a State title, I'm not saying they're not good players, because they absolutely are...

But the only kids on AH I want are Tyson Campbell & Andrew Chatfield, the rest of them are not that impressive to me.

To me Pat Jr is the most overrated CB in the 2018 class, I would take Asante Jr, Blades Jr, Miguel Edwards, Marquis Williams, Trenell Troutman & Traquan Butler ahead of him.

This is my honest opinion & I'm not just saying this because the kids aren't picking us, check multiple threads discussing AH prospects, I've said this numerous times...

He is going to play as much defensive tackle as Torrance Gibson played college quarterback.

Rumph gets blamed for being a poor recruiter because he has not pulled a single kid from the high school he used to coach, which is stacked with P5 talent. Not a single one. That's basically an unprecedented failure.

This is just the latest example of it. If the kids wants to play defense you tell him you'll play him at DT and you give him some practice reps than move him back to OG when he sucks at DT. It's not rocket science, and that is exactly what UGA and UF are going to do. Apparently to Rumph recruiting is quantum physics and he never passed fifth grade math.
Here's the thing...

Most of the AH kids are overrated as ****... Yeah I know they went undefeated & won a State title, I'm not saying they're not good players, because they absolutely are...

But the only kids on AH I want are Tyson Campbell & Andrew Chatfield, the rest of them are not that impressive to me.

To me Pat Jr is the most overrated CB in the 2018 class, I would take Asante Jr, Blades Jr, Miguel Edwards, Marquis Williams, Trenell Troutman & Traquan Butler ahead of him.

This is my honest opinion & I'm not just saying this because the kids aren't picking us, check multiple threads discussing AH prospects, I've said this numerous times...

Edwards is often an overlooked guy. He has not run track in HS so far but in middle school was already in the 24s at 200ms. Must be in the lower 22s or better by now.

I will also take this kid from Okeechobee who I have posed on before. Tough and very physical a two way player. Has officially run an 11.33--100m as a sophomore and Surtain has run 11.10 as a Junior. This kid a faster Bandy.

Jajuan Cherry - Hudl

Last edited:
In two years he will transfer to USF or be buried on a bench never to be heard from again. This kid let that little bit of preseason fame get to his head. No coincidence he was the preseason #1 OG in the country and none of the big big dawgs would touch him, (ALA, Clemson, Michigan) Prob saw he was an idiot and not worth the trouble. I really believe we dodged a bullet here we just don't know it yet.

Advertisement
Slaton doesn't impress me at all, and I've been consistent on this. The only Heritage OL or DL who impresses me is Nesta Silvera and that is because he is big, has great feet and upper body strength and has a ton of dog in him.

Advertisement
Slaton doesn't impress me at all, and I've been consistent on this. The only Heritage OL or DL who impresses me is Nesta Silvera and that is because he is big, has great feet and upper body strength and has a ton of dog in him.

Agree on Silvera but I disagree on Slaton. Has the potential to be a road grater at guard. Kid is mobile, big and strong.

The kid I just don't see it is Herbert. Great frame and all, but horribly footwork and questionable strength.

Excuses are justified in this case in regards to this particular recruit from Heritage, but what on earth will anyone have to say when/if Rumph doesn't land Tyson Campbell in 2018?

- Rumph was Campbell's optimist coach and coached him for two years at AH.
- [MENTION=13993]RattlerCane305[/MENTION], a poster here who says he's Campbell's cousin and has given some insight in the past, has said of Rumph/Campbell a while back "they've been connected at the hip since Tyson started playing."
- Campbell has called Rumph a "second father figure" to him.
- Rumph is our CB coach and Campbell is a premier recruit at either CB or FS.

I'd love to see the lengths some would go to excuse Rumph missing on Campbell if he heads elsewhere next year. Of all the top talent to come out of AH since Rumph was hired, Campbell should be an absolute layup for us considering their relationship.
If he doesn't,
We should fly a banner to fire Rattlercane305.

Rumph isnt the head coach. He cant play him at dt when the hc didnt give the ok for that. And you move him to o-line that quick and he likely transfers so whats the point?

Advertisement
Back