Tedarrell Slaton down to 2

So Mike Rumph gets blamed for the perceived "recruiting loss" when we offered the kid as an OL and he suddenly only wants to play DT? Never mind the fact Mike Rumph -- who played behind Vince Wilfork and William Joseph and knows a thing or two about what a UM DT looks like -- watched Slaton on a daily basis in practice for 3 years...

At the end of the day, with all the information at our disposal on Slaton, if UM was only interested in him on offense, I'm good with that. If Slaton has (rather recently) decided he isn't feeling offensive line anymore, and doesn't want to go to any schools offering him for OL, I am good with that, too. But good luck, kid. I expect you'll need it.

Rumph gets blamed for being a poor recruiter because he has not pulled a single kid from the high school he used to coach, which is stacked with P5 talent. Not a single one. That's basically an unprecedented failure.

This is just the latest example of it. If the kids wants to play defense you tell him you'll play him at DT and you give him some practice reps than move him back to OG when he sucks at DT. It's not rocket science, and that is exactly what UGA and UF are going to do. Apparently to Rumph recruiting is quantum physics and he never passed fifth grade math.
Here's the thing...

Most of the AH kids are overrated as ****... Yeah I know they went undefeated & won a State title, I'm not saying they're not good players, because they absolutely are...

But the only kids on AH I want are Tyson Campbell & Andrew Chatfield, the rest of them are not that impressive to me.

To me Pat Jr is the most overrated CB in the 2018 class, I would take Asante Jr, Blades Jr, Miguel Edwards, Marquis Williams, Trenell Troutman & Traquan Butler ahead of him.

This is my honest opinion & I'm not just saying this because the kids aren't picking us, check multiple threads discussing AH prospects, I've said this numerous times...

Edwards is often an overlooked guy. He has not run track in HS so far but in middle school was already in the 24s at 200ms. Must be in the lower 22s or better by now.

I will also take this kid from Okeechobee who I have posed on before. Tough and very physical a two way player. Has officially run an 11.33--100m as a sophomore and Surtain has run 11.10 as a Junior. This kid a faster Bandy.

Jajuan Cherry - Hudl

Give me Edwards and that Cherry kid from Okeechobee looks like a faster at at this time thicker Bandy.

Advertisement
Slaton doesn't impress me at all, and I've been consistent on this. The only Heritage OL or DL who impresses me is Nesta Silvera and that is because he is big, has great feet and upper body strength and has a ton of dog in him.

Need Silvera & Campbell from AH next year, Rumph at least gotta get us that

Saw the AH/Gibbons game and Slaton had a lot of trouble in keeping the skinny Khris Bogle the 6-5/200 (2019) DE out on pass protection plays. Bogel was getting past Slaton at RT. He is a guard. His arm length and feet are not that of a tackle.

Last edited:
If he thinks he can play DT, then I can't knock him, because the same thing happened to Norton and it worked out great for us and him, hope he's goes to UGA tho
Norton is a fcking animal. This dude Turdbarrel comes off like a badly gaped pvssy. Just because you think you can play DT doesn't mean you can.

Turdbarrel comes off like a flaky shythead. Fck him. He couldn't beat out Fines at DT here.

Advertisement
Since we were trying to land both AH OL,who do we go after now,gotta believe we need to sign at least 1 more OL in this cass.

He is following the Wilson do do train...

he is an original Heritage kid though...he was at heritage all 4 years...and before the wilson's were even there.....he is just a wierd kid, who thinks way to much of himself. Anyone who can stroke that ego has a shot..

Isn't that the essence of recruiting??

dude thinks he is the next chris paul. FOH. aint that much stroking going around...called "recruiting"... Football honestly isnt his first love...bball legit is....he likely think he is a skill guy as well playing football...this happens when your the top dog at a private school your whole life....that sh*t will change when he gets into a college program...if he shows atleast half way effort and work ethich he owuld be an all conference player at guard for someone...if he keeps the current mind set...the minute things get tough..well

If he thinks he can play DT, then I can't knock him, because the same thing happened to Norton and it worked out great for us and him, hope he's goes to UGA tho
Norton is a fcking animal. This dude Turdbarrel comes off like a badly gaped pvssy. Just because you think you can play DT doesn't mean you can.

Turdbarrel comes off like a flaky shythead. Fck him. He couldn't beat out Fines at DT here.

At least Fines works hard at being what he is DT. And is not a primadonna who wants to try out for the UM swim team.

Last edited:
Slaton doesn't impress me at all, and I've been consistent on this. The only Heritage OL or DL who impresses me is Nesta Silvera and that is because he is big, has great feet and upper body strength and has a ton of dog in him.

Agree on Silvera but I disagree on Slaton. Has the potential to be a road grater at guard. Kid is mobile, big and strong.

The kid I just don't see it is Herbert. Great frame and all, but horribly footwork and questionable strength.

Herbert has DUCK FEET. Where is feet bow out. He's not a finished product...i look at him as a project ..,maybe a slight step above Hillery seeing as he has faced better comp for 4 years. I would take Herbert n Slaton if i had to...but Herbert definately isnt plug n play

Advertisement

I just don't see that dog in Slaton. He looks like he thinks he's entitled.

Silvera needs to drop some weight imo.....unless he is looked at as a 1 in our scheme. A year ago he imo was AH...best OL playing guard. They moved him to defense this year a position he always played...or wanted to..but they needed him more on ol last year

South Florida kids are disloyal punks. Sad but true. You dont see this level of betrayal in any other part of the country.

I don't give much of a **** about this guy because I don't think you can compete at a high level in the trenches as a big flappy pvssy.

But i doubt UF never recruited him as an OG. They elected to tell him what he wanted to hear (that he can play DT) in order to sign him. They know he won't play DT.

Advertisement
Meanwhile we have one blue chip guy committed and a handful of kehoe-level projects

No bueno

I don't give much of a **** about this guy because I don't think you can compete at a high level in the trenches as a big flappy pvssy.

But i doubt UF never recruited him as an OG. They elected to tell him what he wanted to hear (that he can play DT) in order to sign him. They know he won't play DT.

Is he going to be there when it gets tough?

Tedarrell Slato.jpg

Does this guy strike you as a genius?

Advertisement
Silvera needs to drop some weight imo.....unless he is looked at as a 1 in our scheme. A year ago he imo was AH...best OL playing guard. They moved him to defense this year a position he always played...or wanted to..but they needed him more on ol last year

Silvera weighed 313 lbs. At the Nike back in March 016.

Besides, IIRC, Norton was mainly a DT in HS - at least that's what teams were recruting him as. He played OL, sure, but he was treated like a DT in recruiting from what i recall

I didn't see the kid play his SR year but can remember people who watched the AH/BTW game came away iffy on both he and Herbert and were more impressed by Telfort.

I can remember someone, may have even been stampini, say that Slaton had gotten away for so long by just being bigger than everybody else and he really wasn't that good at OT but he could be a pretty good DT.

Everyone raved about his performance at both OL and DT at the Army game so that kinda has me wondering if maybe he would be a better DT.

However I'm reminded of Byron Cowart. A kid who had a terrible SR year and gave no effort but when the recruiting analysts were watching at the UA game he went 110% and balled. I believe his HS coach even threw him under the bus saying "we never saw THAT Byron Cowart all year here"

Advertisement
Back