Tedarrell Slaton down to 2

Advertisement
they gave him 91, gonna be strange seeing an OG wearing 91
They've done weirder things...
be3dbe53e2914dfaf775141edf7152af.jpg

In hindsight, I guess maybe we could/should have offered Slaton at DT. He played this year for UF logging 11 tackles on the d-line as a true freshman. Would have at least been a body for us.

Advertisement
Miami don't offer dudes just to be a body.

Overall I agree, and that is one thing Richt has said himself. They aren't gonna offer guys they don't think have the talent to play here just to fill a hole. But TBH Slaton probably isn't just a body. He played as a true freshman in the SEC on defense ranked 31st in the country.

He was a 4 star recruit, we wanted him on the Oline, he wanted to play Dline. We need DTs, didn't offer him to play there...makes sense.

Miami don't offer dudes just to be a body.

Overall I agree, and that is one thing Richt has said himself. They aren't gonna offer guys they don't think have the talent to play here just to fill a hole. But TBH Slaton probably isn't just a body. He played as a true freshman in the SEC on defense ranked 31st in the country.

But what if the hole id getting huge? Someone has to play there.

Advertisement
He was a 4 star recruit, we wanted him on the Oline, he wanted to play Dline. We need DTs, didn't offer him to play there...makes sense.

He was a 4 star rated OL. He was not considered a 4 star talent at DT.

A kid with a bad attitude and without the common sense to play the position he is best suited for and would make him NFL money?

Like Treon Harris playing QB when he should have been a Wr or CB. Pass

Richt does not like problem children.

A kid with a bad attitude and without the common sense to play the position he is best suited for and would make him NFL money?

Like Treon Harris playing QB when he should have been a Wr or CB. Pass

Richt does not like problem children.

Neither did Jimmy Johnson. Not worth the effort and time the coaches would have had to spend.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back