Tedarrell Slaton down to 2

Idk if he'll be a good DT or not but idk why people are writing it off and calling the kid an idiot for attempting to do it. Kendrick Norton was told by schools like UF and Auburn that he was an offensive guard all the way and none of them even entertained the idea of him playing DT even though he had film of him doing it. But the kid believed in himself and has turned out to be a pretty good DT. Slaton may ultimately bomb but he's big and athletic and if that's what he wants to play you'd assume he'd give more effort there. At a minimum his size alone may make him a decent Nose.
Norton did it. That means it's pretty likely that anyone can.

Advertisement
Idk if he'll be a good DT or not but idk why people are writing it off and calling the kid an idiot for attempting to do it. Kendrick Norton was told by schools like UF and Auburn that he was an offensive guard all the way and none of them even entertained the idea of him playing DT even though he had film of him doing it. But the kid believed in himself and has turned out to be a pretty good DT. Slaton may ultimately bomb but he's big and athletic and if that's what he wants to play you'd assume he'd give more effort there. At a minimum his size alone may make him a decent Nose.
Norton did it. That means it's pretty likely that anyone can.

Of course not. The larger point though is a kid isn't always an idiot for wanting to play a position other people don't project him at. It's not as if he's attempting to play LB or S, if he sticks on the defensive side of the ball it would be as some kind of run plugger. From a frame and athleticism standpoint there's nothing to suggest that's an outlandish idea.

this is a wash now, not even one bit concerned about him... OL was easily his best spot and he 100% blew that... i flat out didnt want him on this team if he was going to play defense , he aint good enough... had he stayed on the OL i would have wanted him

Advertisement
Advertisement
Offer the kid at DT. Its not like we can't use the bodies there over the next couple years anyways. If he doesn't cut it at DT after a year, move him to OG. Plus it will break the ice with this whole no AH kids to Miami phenomenon. I think the pros far outweigh the cons in this situation. Just get him on the team and figure out what to do with him later.

we didnt send rumph?

Rumph isnt recruiting him. Its been searles the whole time.

Yea, send the CB coach to go recruit 2 O-Lineman....lmfao

I mean they are his former players it would make sense

Slaton isnt a cb so it doesnt make sense.

So Searles and Kool went together to talk to Slaton but Rumph who isn't recruiting him had the ability to offer a scholarship at DT to him by himself according to some people here.

So Searles and Kool went together to talk to Slaton but Rumph who isn't recruiting him had the ability to offer a scholarship at DT to him by himself according to some people here.

Dont know what they are talking about and just saying **** to fit their agenda.

we didnt send rumph?

It literally makes all the sense in the world if you have ever followed this recruiting ****. ******* Southridge kids are going to UF because of a basketball coach, so I don't think the former head coach of American Heritage is a bad guy to involve in the recruitment of kids that play at American Heritage.

Advertisement
cant tell if you guys are serious or not.

are you truly under the impression that assistant coaches ONLY recruit their positions?

It literally makes all the sense in the world if you have ever followed this recruiting ****. ****ing Southridge kids are going to UF because of a basketball coach, so I don't think the former head coach of American Heritage is a bad guy to involve in the recruitment of kids that play at American Heritage.

They are not going there because of him. Gamble would be on campus now if the staff didnt drop him.

Advertisement

It literally makes all the sense in the world if you have ever followed this recruiting ****. ****ing Southridge kids are going to UF because of a basketball coach, so I don't think the former head coach of American Heritage is a bad guy to involve in the recruitment of kids that play at American Heritage.

It aint because of hova it's because they feeding off that DBU bull sh¡t

What's the point of Rumph going? He obviously doesn't have much pull here with this kid even after coaching him.

Kool and Searles were the better options

This staff has no reason to take any project DL ever. We will continue to produce results that will attract all top DL. If he want to play on offense we have a spot.

Advertisement
Back