Tedarrell Slaton down to 2

Good riddance. I don't care what this dude makes of himself. Hopefully, this thread dies and we don't here about this dude anymore.

Advertisement
He will be a good defensive lineman at best. if he wants a pro career he should stick to offense. there's very little doubt in my mind that these coaches are not telling him the truth and in a year He will hear that he is not good enough to play on defense and that he should switch to offense. How many times in the past have we seen that? These kids never learn that coaches will tell them anything to get them at their school when they should listen to those coaches that are up front with them

He will be a good defensive lineman at best. if he wants a pro career he should stick to offense. there's very little doubt in my mind that these coaches are not telling him the truth and in a year He will hear that he is not good enough to play on defense and that he should switch to offense. How many times in the past have we seen that? These kids never learn that coaches will tell them anything to get them at their school when they should listen to those coaches that are up front with them

Blast from the past! How are you doing, Sigmar?

The problem with that line is that each kid is going through the process for the first time, so they haven't had a chance to learn what's actually going on. Unfortunately, many people are experiential learners and don't learn from the mistakes of others. Apparently, this kid is no different. Even if Torrance Gibson went back to AH and told the kid what happened to him, Slaton likely wouldn't believe it.

Advertisement
So Mike Rumph gets blamed for the perceived "recruiting loss" when we offered the kid as an OL and he suddenly only wants to play DT? Never mind the fact Mike Rumph -- who played behind Vince Wilfork and William Joseph and knows a thing or two about what a UM DT looks like -- watched Slaton on a daily basis in practice for 3 years...

At the end of the day, with all the information at our disposal on Slaton, if UM was only interested in him on offense, I'm good with that. If Slaton has (rather recently) decided he isn't feeling offensive line anymore, and doesn't want to go to any schools offering him for OL, I am good with that, too. But good luck, kid. I expect you'll need it.

Rumph gets blamed for being a poor recruiter because he has not pulled a single kid from the high school he used to coach, which is stacked with P5 talent. Not a single one. That's basically an unprecedented failure.

This is just the latest example of it. If the kids wants to play defense you tell him you'll play him at DT and you give him some practice reps than move him back to OG when he sucks at DT. It's not rocket science, and that is exactly what UGA and UF are going to do. Apparently to Rumph recruiting is quantum physics and he never passed fifth grade math.
Here's the thing...

Most of the AH kids are overrated as ****... Yeah I know they went undefeated & won a State title, I'm not saying they're not good players, because they absolutely are...

But the only kids on AH I want are Tyson Campbell & Andrew Chatfield, the rest of them are not that impressive to me.

To me Pat Jr is the most overrated CB in the 2018 class, I would take Asante Jr, Blades Jr, Miguel Edwards, Marquis Williams, Trenell Troutman & Traquan Butler ahead of him.

This is my honest opinion & I'm not just saying this because the kids aren't picking us, check multiple threads discussing AH prospects, I've said this numerous times...

I'd add Nesta to that short list and you know I agree with you on the rest of your post....

Dude makes Keef Bryant seem like a genius

Yeah, Keef (1. Take me off your commitment list UM and 2. I was asked to leave
My recruiting trip to FAU (or some other school)) Bryant. Don't think he has done
Jack**** at FSU. As others have posted the more these recruits hype themselves,
The less they seem to produce on the field (if they even make it to the field).

****, I thought this dude could be a day 1 starter on the OL, who are we looking at to replace him?

Advertisement
Idk if he'll be a good DT or not but idk why people are writing it off and calling the kid an idiot for attempting to do it. Kendrick Norton was told by schools like UF and Auburn that he was an offensive guard all the way and none of them even entertained the idea of him playing DT even though he had film of him doing it. But the kid believed in himself and has turned out to be a pretty good DT. Slaton may ultimately bomb but he's big and athletic and if that's what he wants to play you'd assume he'd give more effort there. At a minimum his size alone may make him a decent Nose.

Idk if he'll be a good DT or not but idk why people are writing it off and calling the kid an idiot for attempting to do it. Kendrick Norton was told by schools like UF and Auburn that he was an offensive guard all the way and none of them even entertained the idea of him playing DT even though he had film of him doing it. But the kid believed in himself and has turned out to be a pretty good DT. Slaton may ultimately bomb but he's big and athletic and if that's what he wants to play you'd assume he'd give more effort there. At a minimum his size alone may make him a decent Nose.

does UF use a NT in their scheme?

Advertisement
Can't hate on Slaton for going to UF. He seems like a perfect candidate for their blocking scheme:

[video=youtube;05h49R4QX9U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05h49R4QX9U[/video]

Advertisement

does UF use a NT in their scheme?

We
We didn't under Collins, not sure if Shannon will. Another thing to consider is that McElwain has bombed recruiting DT's the last two years. We didn't sign a single DT his first two years and we're losing bodies there this year. So Slaton will actually have a chance to contribute there just from a numbers standpoint if he picks UF. Whether he'll be good or not is another story but UF offering him at DT is as much about desperation as anything else.

Somebody needs to direct this guy to the man he used to block for at Heritage's twitter account --

Torrance Gibson announcing he was transferring from OSU. Perfect example of how when you go against common sense when it comes to your money position, and allow these college coaches to gas you up, you're only delaying the inevitable. It's either going to be a position change to here you should've always been to begin with, a transfer, or you riding the pine.

Advertisement
Back