Taylor Stubblefield

Duke hires Trooper Taylor and Miami hires a no-name from Air Force. What a time to be alive.

In fairness anyone who is at least 35 and knows anything about college football outside of canes knows Stubblefield is more of a name than trooper Taylor. Trooper is a 100% shady as you know what recruiter who isn’t known for coaching (and that’s why I wanted him). But Stubblefield was a stud WR in college just have no idea how he is as a coach.

Advertisement
Lmao people freaking out about a report from Caneshades?

The ****

A month ago, I thought the same exact thing. I think they have 1 guy who has some form of contact with the inside. They have been on point lately.

I would've preferred the cat from Kentucky Michael Smith instead...

I don't trust this Stubblefield guy.... seems like he either wears out his welcome or always looking for the next gig...

I need to know why he can't stay at one place more than 18-20 months? big red flag for me.

I'll give Manny a pass because of Enos vouching for him - but color me skeptical...

JC

Advertisement
Advertisement
If it's true that he lacks in recruiting (which I don't see evidence to the contrary), then this hire would definitely be disappointing even if he is a good technical coach. There are guys out there that can do both. The only way to justify this is if he is a rising star in terms of offensive innovation with chops to be a future OC

Wow, Saban wanted to keep him that is good enough for me. I disagree, I think it's a great hire and he's already looking for QB's. Manny is doing a good job lets' give credit where credit is due.

Saban also wasn’t going to let him pick his own staff. And no we’re seeing why.

Advertisement
Please no. I’d rather have Cooney if Stubblefield is the option.

I don’t understand this
I wouldn’t be crazy about Stubblefield either but what has Cooney done to deserve it? Get a former player back and land a graduate transfer? He has never coached college either. Let him keep doing his job, just because he lands 2 kids doesn’t mean he deserves to be the WR coach at the University of Miami. JMO.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back