Taylor Stubblefield

Advertisement
Enos was the HC at CMU. Not OC/QB. And anyone calling into question Enos doesn't know football.

Enos was also the OC. OC is a "staff" position. An offense staff is the OC, WR, RB, OL, TE, QB. If we hire this WR, there are only two possible CMU staff positions we didn't bring in.

Anybody is an upgrade over Dugans.

Maybe we can cut down on the 7 drops a game we had last season.

Anybody is an upgrade over Dugans.

Maybe we can cut down on the 7 drops a game we had last season.

With the way this guy recruits, he better be the best WR coach in the history of coaching if this is who we are bringing in.

Advertisement
Not one of the names I put on my Christmas list, but perhaps there's value in Enos connection that could possibly benefit us.

Which is just all kinds of dumb. You're the head coach. It's not your job to "defer" to anybody.

I refuse to believe Diaz is making that kind of mistake.

Why does that sound dumb? The head coach can defer decisions to whomever the **** he wants. The OC the head coach hired is reportedly making 1.5 mil. and already apparently had input on the oline coach hire. Why wouldn't Manny trust on the guy he hired to spearhead the offense make some personnel decisions on that side of the ball?

Richt did the same thing with Manny and allowed him to bring his own guys (Banda and Patke) for his defense. Nothing unusual or necessarily dumb about it. That worked out ok and I bet you never heard of those guys before Miami.

If true I’m rather disappointed at this hire. Rumor was he got fired or not renewed because he couldn’t recruit at Utah and he’s jumped around so much it makes me think he’s not any good
People always make the same comment. Look at the resume of any coach, like Manny Diaz for example, and you will see rapid turnover. Both Simpson and the new OC spent less than a year at Michigan and Atlanta, respectively. It goes with the territory.

Advertisement
With the way this guy recruits, he better be the best WR coach in the history of coaching if this is who we are bringing in.
I'm not going to stress because he couldn't sign any 4 star receivers at Utah. Clearly he'll have to do better here but it's also much easier to sign receivers here.

Besides, what good is being a great recruiter when all your star recruits can't catch a pass?

People always make the same comment. Look at the resume of any coach, like Manny Diaz for example, and you will see rapid turnover. Both Simpson and the new OC spent less than a year at Michigan and Atlanta, respectively. It goes with the territory.
But Diaz bounced around to increasingly better jobs. He wasn't making lateral moves every year.

You're comparing apples to oranges.

Advertisement
I find it hilarious that whenever a name comes up y’all instantly know that’s an “underwhelming” hire. No way y’all know this much about so many different coaches lol

I had to go back and look...had Stubblefield mixed up with another Purdue WR from that era, John Standeford.

They had some shifty WRs during the Brees/Orton era, still a few years before the slot receiver became such a big thing in the NFL.

Advertisement
Why does that sound dumb? The head coach can defer decisions to whomever the **** he wants. The OC the head coach hired is reportedly making 1.5 mil. and already apparently had input on the oline coach hire. Why wouldn't Manny trust on the guy he hired to spearhead the offense make some personnel decisions on that side of the ball?

Richt did the same thing with Manny and allowed him to bring his own guys (Banda and Patke) for his defense. Nothing unusual or necessarily dumb about it. That worked out ok and I bet you never heard of those guys before Miami.

Diaz has to know that you need a recruiter at the WR position. If Diaz doesn't realize that, that's a huge red flag in his ability to run this program.

If Enos wanted to bring in somebody that was unknown but was selling Manny on how good he fits what we need out of a WR coach, that can be defended. Banda hadn't proved himself to be horrible, he just hadn't proved himself period.
But this guy sucks as a recruiter. He isn't an "unknown" in that regard. To defer to your OC because he wants to bring in somebody he likes, who can't do what you need out of the position, is idiotic. You're the head coach. This is where you step up and say, "Actually I think we need to go in another direction."

After being fired from Texas, Diaz was DC at Louisiana Tech. He then moved up to become DC at Mississippi State, before upgrading again to DC at Miami.

Meanwhile, Stubblefield went from Utah to the CFL to Air Force. I mean....

Advertisement
Back