Taylor Stubblefield

I'm not going to stress because he couldn't sign any 4 star receivers at Utah. Clearly he'll have to do better here but it's also much easier to sign receivers here.

Besides, what good is being a great recruiter when all your star recruits can't catch a pass?

I'm not stressing because he didn't sign 4* WRs at Utah. I'm "stressing" because he sucked as a recruiter at Utah. I'm more than capable of judging him by what Utah thought of him as a recruiter and the level of recruits he brought in relative to Utah. Much as I did our RB coach. That hire can be defended.

Advertisement
You guys have no idea who he is do you lol listen guys we can’t just hire peoples who’s names you know. The world is bigger than just you.

Except many of us defended the RB Coach hire because it checked the boxes of what you're looking for with a RB Coach at Miami.

This guy doesn't check a single box, regardless of his name.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't recruiting on equal footing with coaching ability as a baseline in today's D1 staff?

So, if a staffer is deficient in one area, the other area has to be strong enough to make the case that he is the right hire.

Know zero about this cat, is he that bad at recruiting? Is he that good at coaching?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't recruiting on equal footing with coaching ability as a baseline in today's D1 staff?

So, if a staffer is deficient in one area, the other area has to be strong enough to make the case that he is the right hire.

Know zero about this cat, is he that bad at recruiting? Is he that good at coaching?

It really depends on the position. There are certain positions you're willing to sacrifice a little recruiting for a little more coaching. Others you're willing to sacrifice a little coaching for more recruiting.

WR is a recruiting position.

Advertisement
Diaz has to know that you need a recruiter at the WR position. If Diaz doesn't realize that, that's a huge red flag in his ability to run this program.

If Enos wanted to bring in somebody that was unknown but was selling Manny on how good he fits what we need out of a WR coach, that can be defended. Banda hadn't proved himself to be horrible, he just hadn't proved himself period.
But this guy sucks as a recruiter. He isn't an "unknown" in that regard. To defer to your OC because he wants to bring in somebody he likes, who can't do what you need out of the position, is idiotic. You're the head coach. This is where you step up and say, "Actually I think we need to go in another direction."

Diaz needs a balance of recruiters and technicians. I don't disagree with that. Where I disagree with you is that it has to be necessarily at a certain position. It is not uncommon for coaches to recruit players outside of their position group. Hartley did that when he was here.

So far, the oline guy and this guy (if it is this guy) fall into the "technician" group it sounds like. Not sure about Hickson, but he did recruit south Florida for KState and I am cool with him since Snyder's coaching tree is pretty impressive and he hand picked this guy.

Advertisement
People need to stop referring to this guy as an "unknown." He is only an unknown in that he hasn't failed yet at Miami. But he's been a WR coach for about 7 or 8 years. How long does he need to coach a position before we can say there are some things "known" about him?

Advertisement
Back