Tavon Ross has arrived in Miami...

I don't remember the practices during the UA game for Chick and Clowney, but I do know that Chick's performance in the game is overblown.

He may have accumulated the stats in that game, but Clowney made the plays. Chick definitely benefited from playing opposite Clowney.

I think Chicks UA performance gave Canes fans a misconception of what Chick was. Most thought he was going to be a beast pass rusher but what we see him do now is what he always was going to be imo.

Advertisement
I don't remember the practices during the UA game for Chick and Clowney, but I do know that Chick's performance in the game is overblown.

He may have accumulated the stats in that game, but Clowney made the plays. Chick definitely benefited from playing opposite Clowney.

I think Chicks UA performance gave Canes fans a misconception of what Chick was. Most thought he was going to be a beast pass rusher but what we see him do now is what he always was going to be imo.

Yup.

I didn't watch the UA game nor see any of the hype Chick generated but just watching all his stuff in high school, it was pretty clear the route he was going to take.

Kid reminds me of the next Sean Taylor.

Seriously though how is this kid not an at least 4 star?

I fell in love with Kiy Hesters tape but Ross's is right up there.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
He's exactly what we've coached him and schemed him to be.

Kid reminds me of the next Sean Taylor.

Seriously though how is this kid not an at least 4 star?

I fell in love with Kiy Hesters tape but Ross's is right up there.

453.gif

Why is a thread about Tavon Ross ov all about Chicks UA performance of 3 years ago?

Because I don't like when ****ing idiots talk down to me when I'm right about something.

I get it now. This thread is about your perceived level of football acumen. Absolutely nothing to do with Tavon Ross and any updates about him and his time in Coral Gables, or whether or not we are close to flipping the beast of a football player.

Sounds legit. Carry on. So you were saying what again about Chick.........................

Advertisement
FYI, UGA is hosting TJ Harrell 4* safety from Tampa and they just offered a few days ago. Ross related? Seems so to me

Sure. If he's looking, they're looking. It's like this every year all around the country. Teams have a solid list of commits, then there is a last minute shakeup.

Ross is a Mizzou commit, not UGA.

Im aware........... maybe Ross gave them the idea he isn't going to sign there

Wasn't talking to you. The dude I replied to mentioned that UGA is looking because Ross is looking and then mentioned a solid list of commits. UGA should be looking because Ross isn't committed to them.

Advertisement
Here is what concerns me: i am flat out in love (NH) with Ross' highlight reel. He plays safety fluidly, confident, fast. But the last time I was this hyped over a highlight reel was Jeff Luc!! And we all know how that turned out. We'll see!

Here is what concerns me: i am flat out in love (NH) with Ross' highlight reel. He plays safety fluidly, confident, fast. But the last time I was this hyped over a highlight reel was Jeff Luc!! And we all know how that turned out. We'll see!

I could tell there were limitations with this guy Luc from his highlight film. A lot of people start creaming themselves over big hits but you could see this guy was musclebound and stiff, not fluid.

EDIT: I don't claim to be an expert evaluator but even FSU coaches were apparently not enamored, so maybe I saw something. FSU had a history of taking overrated LBs like Keith Carter and Lamont Green. Let's see what Luc does in the draft this year.

I loved Luc's physique. If I had it I'd spend all day at the beach for the chicks. Didn't translate into LB.

Last edited:
TIFWIW.. I just got off the phone with a person very close to the mizzou program and told me they are not worried about Miami with Ross but Georgia is the team that threatens them the most, supposedly he is getting visited by some Georgia assistants are visiting him tonight before his visit to Mizzou, again tifiw, Pete could you verify this again, I know you did the work yesterday about him but I'm hearing some strong smoke between him and Georgia.

Advertisement
Back