Taulia Tagovailoa

Advertisement
This is another no brainer. He goes from one of the top players in Hawaii to ******* Alabama of all places, takes over the team and leads them to the title game. Then he gets coached by some very good QB coaches at the top program in CFB. He’s disciplined, a good leader and dead serious about playing ball. He’s a take all ******* day. We’re all hoping TVD is the guy but he’s far from a guarantee. Give him some competition and let the best QB win. Adding Williams, Walker and Lia would be an injection of talent that this program seriously needs.

Advertisement
Does it have to be an indictment on him? People can just think he’s not good enough to use a scholarship in. What’s the rush in bringing in an inexperienced QB who isn’t a stud talent wise? If King has a big year, that slot will be a lot more desirable to a better option. Taulia ain’t that type of talent man.
A lot of dudes on here see anyone from the SEC and think “he signed with an SEC team so he’s better than all of our players.” They’re brainwashed.

Same guys who were hyping George Brown when some of us us were pointing out that LSU’s OL at the time wasn’t very good, and Brown couldn’t sniff the field.

Scouting report from when he was in High School.

Shorter, compact frame, but does carry adequate weight. A solid athlete with good quickness and initial burst, but is not overly twitchy and has average long speed at best. Possesses a strong arm with the ability to generate substantial zip, particularly on short to intermediate passes. Capable of driving the ball down the middle of the field and making high difficulty far-hash throws. Arm strength and improvisational ability help him make creative off-platform plays. Accurate and gets the ball out quickly in the short passing game. Highly competitive. Doesn't make as many downfield throws as other top quarterback prospects with the majority of his yardage coming on short and intermediate passes. Can scramble for first downs but has yet to post good rushing numbers and can get in trouble at times when trying to extend plays. Power 5 starter ability with the upside of being a highly productive college quarterback at a top program.

Advertisement
There are many reasons why a true freshman quarterback doesn't immediately jump everyone on a depth chart, particularly at a place like Alabama.
This warrants repeating. I also think Saban wouldn't want to play Taulia immediately after Tua got hurt because it'd be impossible for him to live up to the hype and he'd be playing in his brother's shadow, so there were other factors at play.

I would take him here. Why not? Because we are putting our trust in a couple QBs who have never played? Because of some "sloppy seconds" pride? Just because it didn't work out with Tate doesn't mean it can't work out (see Fields, Justin).

You people don't understand ****. Of course you ******* take Tua's brother. For no other reason than it's good PR. Every local kid knows who Tua is. Having Tua's little bro on campus is a huge draw for local recruits. Y'all playing checkers.
I doubt any recruit cares that Tua's little brother is on campus. I know I wouldn't care.

This warrants repeating. I also think Saban wouldn't want to play Taulia immediately after Tua got hurt because it'd be impossible for him to live up to the hype and he'd be playing in his brother's shadow, so there were other factors at play.

I would take him here. Why not? Because we are putting our trust in a couple QBs who have never played? Because of some "sloppy seconds" pride? Just because it didn't work out with Tate doesn't mean it can't work out (see Fields, Justin).
Do you really think Nick Fcking Sabag was thinking to himself, "hmmm...Taulia is the better QB than Mack Jones, but I'm going to play Mack while we're still fighting for a playoff spot because it would be impossible for Taulia to live up to the hype"? This ain't make believe stuff or some lame football movie.

Do you really think Nick Fcking Sabag was thinking to himself, "hmmm...Taulia is the better QB than Mack Jones, but I'm going to play Mack while we're still fighting for a playoff spot because it would be impossible for Taulia to live up to the hype"? This ain't make believe stuff or some lame football movie.
I think that if the two were considered relatively equal that Jones being a sophomore and Taulia having to immediately step in his brother’s shoes were factors, yes. If Taulia was leaps and bounds better then definitely not. Is that really far fetched?

Advertisement
I think that if the two were considered relatively equal that Jones being a sophomore and Taulia having to immediately step in his brother’s shoes were factors, yes. If Taulia was leaps and bounds better then definitely not. Is that really far fetched?

Not a bad point.

Advertisement
Theres no need to take a flier at him, just recruit normally and get a qb in class of 2021.
I think baby Tua is better than our targets other then the kid from HOU..why not take both..add talent to compete..we may very well lose perry after this season too..even so, you add a talent like this and let them all compete in 2021

Yeah, we have long track record of QB room FULL of top notch players constantly out performing each other. Look, I don't know crap about this kid, but i do know we can't hide the sidewalk with spit when it comes to QB recruits or transfers(Berlin being our last worthwhile one of either). I take the kid and 10 other QBs until we find one.
Stronger arm then big bro..seems accurate off tape. Quicker than fast. Comes from a good family so he likely has a good head on his shoulders and a plus support system..I see ppl here pretty much claiming the only reason he was hyped was because of big bro..no. Watch the tape. Kids a legit talent

Advertisement
Back