Taulia Tagovailoa

I think that if the two were considered relatively equal that Jones being a sophomore and Taulia having to immediately step in his brother’s shoes were factors, yes. If Taulia was leaps and bounds better then definitely not. Is that really far fetched?
Anything that points to Sabag not playing the guy who he thinks would give him the best chance to win immediately is absolutely farfetched.

If you're now turning the discussion to Taulia not being the better QB in Sabag's eyes because Sabag thought he would fold under the pressure of replacing his brother, then that's a totally different discussion. That would be a "who's the better QB" element, not a "I don't want to damage Taulia's psyche" element. The only thing Sabag cares about is winning, and if he thought Taulia gave him a better chance right then to win he would have played him.

Advertisement
I’m not convinced Van Dyke is who Lashlee really wants at QB. Looking at his 2021 QB targets, they look more in the King mold than the Van Dyke mold. Just my opinion. Taulia looks more in the King mold to me as well.
Nah the kid from GA and the kid that committed to LSU are in the mold of van Dyke..van dyke has some athleticism to him. Kid was a 3 sport kid in HS

I don’t know if the kid is good or not..... nobody does. There’s nothing to go on because he’s a backup who hasn’t played much at all. What I do know is Miami is his preferred stop. He wants to be here. It’s all on the staff. I’m sure there’ll be some Ferman and ivins stories coming on it soon.

Last edited:
Anything that points to Sabag not playing the guy who he thinks would give him the best chance to win immediately is absolutely farfetched.

If you're now turning the discussion to Taulia not being the better QB in Sabag's eyes because Sabag thought he would fold under the pressure of replacing his brother, then that's a totally different discussion. That would be a "who's the better QB" element, not a "I don't want to damage Taulia's psyche" element. The only thing Sabag cares about is winning, and if he thought Taulia gave him a better chance right then to win he would have played him.
Do ppl realize nobody finished spring practice? Idk how much a depth chart had to do with the decision tbh

I don’t know if the kid is good or not..... nobody does. There’s nothing to go on because he’s a backup who hasn’t played much at all. What I do know is Miami is his plan a, b and c. He wants to be here. It’s all on the staff. I’m sure there’ll be some Ferman and ivins stories coming on it soon.
I’m a firm believer in bringing in talent to compete at QB..every UM QB should have the tools From a athleticism standpoint. You bring enough of those guys and let them compete

Advertisement
Do you live in a vacuum?

Those guys passed the eye test. Tate was a midget rated 5stars not because of his natural ability, but because of his financial status. Even in high school, Tate's long ball was a wounded duck.
You think tate got his rating..because of his financial status??

Advertisement
I

Of course Saban would start the guy he thought would win, I agree. My point is that if it was fairly even between Taulia and Mac Jones that the intangibles favor starting Jones. This was to those peddling the “he couldn’t beat out Mac Jones so he sucks” crowd. As if that is the barometer for how we should view a transfer. Mac Jones is a very solid QB who threw for over 300 yards against Auburn and Michigan.

But I digress, I’d take Taulia here to increase competition in the QB room and because I’m not sold on any of the QBs behind King.

I
Of course Saban would start the guy he thought would win, I agree. My point is that if it was fairly even between Taulia and Mac Jones that the intangibles favor starting Jones. This was to those peddling the “he couldn’t beat out Mac Jones so he sucks” crowd. As if that is the barometer for how we should view a transfer. Mac Jones is a very solid QB who threw for over 300 yards against Auburn and Michigan.

But I digress, I’d take Taulia here to increase competition in the QB room and because I’m not sold on any of the QBs behind King.
I agree that saying we shouldn't take him because he couldn't beat out Jones isn't the way to look at this situation. Evaluate him based on what he can and can't do.

I trust Lashlee. If he wants him, then I'm good with him. He has more info at his disposal than I do and knows better what he's looking for in his system than I do.

Why wouldn’t we want to add talent at a premium position?
Ok I said this weeks ago when I thought we had a legit chance of getting a high school qb commit. Now it doesn’t look good since our targets are almost all committed. I wouldn’t mind taking him.

Advertisement
I thought we only had one IC sopt left.
So...why use it on this kid and not on Walker or the grad transfer?
With Manny being all about messaging and branding and not substance I hope he doesn't just take this kid for the headline "canes got QB from bama"

Last edited:
I thought we only had one IC sopt left.
So...why use it on this kid and not on Walker or the grad transfer?
With Manny being all about messaging and branding and noy substance I hope he doesn't just take this kid for the headline "canes got QB from bama"

He doesn’t need to enroll now , right @TheOriginalCane ? He’s going to sit , he wouldn’t contact the staff with king here if he expected to play and get a waiver.

Advertisement
What are you basing that off?
Doesn't set his feet, waits way too long to avoid pressure, and does not find the best option on his high school film. I'd love for him to prove me wrong.

In that case, Dwayne haskins is better than Joe Burrow

Doesn't set his feet, waits way too long to avoid pressure, and does not find the best option on his high school film. I'd love for him to prove me wrong.

Rosier was the 28th ranked DT QB. Taulia is the #5 Pro style. National sportswriter on 247 says Taj Boyd is closest comparison.

Here's Taulias offers
Screenshot_20200509-115128_Chrome.jpg

Heres Rosiers
Screenshot_20200509-115155_Chrome.jpg

It seems that college coaches at major P5 programs think your comparison is utterly ridiculous.

Advertisement
Back