Taulia Tagovailoa

Advertisement
Where did I make a comparison to Malik Rosier?

My bad - I might to reply to the poster before you. That being said, your analysis doesn't really hold up. If all those things are true (holds ball too long, doesn't find best target etc) then why would so many top programs chase him?

My bad - I might to reply to the poster before you. That being said, your analysis doesn't really hold up. If all those things are true (holds ball too long, doesn't find best target etc) then why would so many top programs chase him?
1) His last name;
2) Hope.

I'm not saying don't take him. I am saying don't be disappointed when he's a mediocre QB.

Advertisement
1) His last name;
2) Hope.

I'm not saying don't take him. I am saying don't be disappointed when he's a mediocre QB.

There is always a chance a QB will be a bust. Ok State isnt offering because of the last name, they are offering because he's a top HS QB.

Just because he isnt as good as his "once in a decade" talent brother, doesn't mean he isnt a quality P5 QB. Marcus Vick wasnt as good a QB as his older brother, but Marcus still helped VT knock off #2 Miami and led VT to an 11-2 record and the ACC coastal title.

Advertisement
This kid followed his brother to Bama, he was extremely over evaluated and also given tons of 'extra' credit. I try not to take anything away from an accomplished athlete, but please don't think that if any of the other QBs on our roster had been recruited by Bama this way that they wouldn't have had the same hype.

I hope we get him and I hope he competes to start alongside TVD because we desperately need to start having QBs stacked up just like olinemen on our depth chart....which we certainly do not have now.

Saying don’t take him because we have Van Dyke or because someone better may be available next year might be the most ant-Miami attitude I’ve heard.
You take talent at any chance. Let them battle it out.

There are no guarantees with TVD or future transfers/recruits. Stack talent, then sort it out

This kid followed his brother to Bama, he was extremely over evaluated and also given tons of 'extra' credit. I try not to take anything away from an accomplished athlete, but please don't think that if any of the other QBs on our roster had been recruited by Bama this way that they wouldn't have had the same hype.

I hope we get him and I hope he competes to start alongside TVD because we desperately need to start having QBs stacked up just like olinemen on our depth chart....which we certainly do not have now.

Jarren Williams had offers from both Ohio State and Alabama. I think the consensus was that he was going to be a solid P5 QB, but I don't recall him getting hyped as the next Cam Newton just because he had a Bama offer. Taulia is in a no-win situation. If he goes anywhere else but Bama, people will say those teams are just chasing the last name. If he goes to Bama, then the critics will say they only recruited him to make his family happy.

Sticking with Cam Newton (he's a good example since he was a once in a decade QB talent)- if Taulia is overrated because of his name, then shouldn't we have seen Cam Newton's little brother get overrated and a ton of unwarranted P5 offers? I don't think he got a single P5 offer.

Anyways, I don't really see a big downside to offering. He's got a solid work ethic, so good for QB room. He might bring in more Usos (da Polynesian pipeline).

So he takes a scholarship. Ok trade Taulia for Matocha. If Im Diaz, I recommend to Matocha that he look to transfer if he wants to start. Fact is, as much as I like the kid, we all know he is the Evan Sherriffs of the QB room.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Stronger arm then big bro..seems accurate off tape. Quicker than fast. Comes from a good family so he likely has a good head on his shoulders and a plus support system..I see ppl here pretty much claiming the only reason he was hyped was because of big bro..no. Watch the tape. Kids a legit talent
I got you but I have confidence that staff could ***** up Jim Kelly. I love Samoan players. Good attitude and character so I'd give the guy a ship in a second. If we have enough qbs maybe one can slip pass the staff and be great.

So ITU confirmed that Taulia has P5 arm strength and that the 66 yard ball was at the Elite 11. They also said he shares a lot of similar traits to Shane Buechele especially when it comes to throwing the deep ball and improvising.

Jarren Williams had offers from both Ohio State and Alabama. I think the consensus was that he was going to be a solid P5 QB, but I don't recall him getting hyped as the next Cam Newton just because he had a Bama offer. Taulia is in a no-win situation. If he goes anywhere else but Bama, people will say those teams are just chasing the last name. If he goes to Bama, then the critics will say they only recruited him to make his family happy.

Sticking with Cam Newton (he's a good example since he was a once in a decade QB talent)- if Taulia is overrated because of his name, then shouldn't we have seen Cam Newton's little brother get overrated and a ton of unwarranted P5 offers? I don't think he got a single P5 offer.

Anyways, I don't really see a big downside to offering. He's got a solid work ethic, so good for QB room. He might bring in more Usos (da Polynesian pipeline).

So he takes a scholarship. Ok trade Taulia for Matocha. If Im Diaz, I recommend to Matocha that he look to transfer if he wants to start. Fact is, as much as I like the kid, we all know he is the Evan Sherriffs of the QB room.
It’s funny people say he’s better than Martell and Perry which he is. But no one mentioned Matocha. I don’t see Matocha lasting another year or two here.

Advertisement
Let's get this pipeline established. Sorry for the long delay. 🤟

1589214786708.png

Advertisement
Back