Taulia Tagovailoa

Advertisement
If Lashlee wants him, then I trust it. If he doesn’t then I won’t be mad at it. If nothing else maybe this helps open up a Polynesian pipeline that we’d literally have no shot at, and still might not, otherwise.

Look I’m on the JT Daniels ship but Taulia was a freshman last year. Of course he didn’t play, how many True Freshman QBs play their first year? Spencer Rattler was a 5* QB and OU still brought in a transfer.
Didn't OU try to bring in D'Eriq King this year too?

Jarren Williams had offers from both Ohio State and Alabama. I think the consensus was that he was going to be a solid P5 QB, but I don't recall him getting hyped as the next Cam Newton just because he had a Bama offer. Taulia is in a no-win situation. If he goes anywhere else but Bama, people will say those teams are just chasing the last name. If he goes to Bama, then the critics will say they only recruited him to make his family happy.

Sticking with Cam Newton (he's a good example since he was a once in a decade QB talent)- if Taulia is overrated because of his name, then shouldn't we have seen Cam Newton's little brother get overrated and a ton of unwarranted P5 offers? I don't think he got a single P5 offer.

Anyways, I don't really see a big downside to offering. He's got a solid work ethic, so good for QB room. He might bring in more Usos (da Polynesian pipeline).

So he takes a scholarship. Ok trade Taulia for Matocha. If Im Diaz, I recommend to Matocha that he look to transfer if he wants to start. Fact is, as much as I like the kid, we all know he is the Evan Sherriffs of the QB room.
Jarren Williams had offers...thats all I needed to read.

Still no comparison.

But I like the Cam Newton reference also.

Besides, my comments werent meant to make Tua's brother out to be completely over-hyped, but face it. He IS Tua's brother and he WAS recruited by Bama, heavily....but I agree 100 that he's a competitor and once he comes to south florida he isnt going anywhere else, because of Tua, @ least not until he finishes school.

He would be in a good spot, TVD can red-shirt, may not need to take a QB in this class, Matocha might need to look around.....and last, but not least, we probably havent seen the last of N'Kosi Perry. Id say that if he sticks around, he just might be serviceable in our 'new' offense, as long as Lashlee keeps his foot up his ***.

Advertisement
Jarren Williams had offers...thats all I needed to read.

Still no comparison.

But I like the Cam Newton reference also.

Besides, my comments werent meant to make Tua's brother out to be completely over-hyped, but face it. He IS Tua's brother and he WAS recruited by Bama, heavily....but I agree 100 that he's a competitor and once he comes to south florida he isnt going anywhere else, because of Tua, @ least not until he finishes school.

He would be in a good spot, TVD can red-shirt, may not need to take a QB in this class, Matocha might need to look around.....and last, but not least, we probably havent seen the last of N'Kosi Perry. Id say that if he sticks around, he just might be serviceable in our 'new' offense, as long as Lashlee keeps his foot up his ***.
In the back of my mind, I have a feeling Martell and Perry both leave after 2020 but where the **** would they go? Matocha idk if he has any business being on the roster going forward. But I can’t make judgement on a guy who hasn’t played a snap yet.

I got you but I have confidence that staff could ***** up Jim Kelly. I love Samoan players. Good attitude and character so I'd give the guy a ship in a second. If we have enough qbs maybe one can slip pass the staff and be great.
Yeah. I don’t think he’s a talent to completely up lift the offense by just having him. He’s not that. But if are solid around I can see him winning lots of games

If Lashlee wants him, then I trust it. If he doesn’t then I won’t be mad at it. If nothing else maybe this helps open up a Polynesian pipeline that we’d literally have no shot at, and still might not, otherwise.

This family doesn't represent a Polynesian pipeline IMO, they represent the best payday. If Saban all of sudden starts getting huge DTs from out west, it will be, again, because of $$$$

Advertisement
Some of y’all act like we got we got multiple studs other than king on the roster at qb. Stop overeating talent and Acting like we have a viable solution for sure when king leave. Yeah tvd is pretty gifted but the jury is obviously still out there. Martell and Perry aren’t good let’s be real and we’ve already seen them. Would rather taulia compete with tvd for the job than those 2

Just received a $19.5 million dollar signing bonus. I think he could pay for a year at Miami for his brother to play here as a walk on....

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back