Tate Over Pope etc...

Advertisement
Missed it, a lot of threads out there, but ain't nobody here going to tell me that after one week of practice at a position he never played, showed better skills as Pope? The staff in a few days thought Tate at WR gives us a better chance to win? I don't dislike Tate in the least, but GTFOH!

Tell me what you think is more shocking, Tate proving to be a better option at the slot in 1week for week 1, or the Coaches deliberately hating on pope because he's from Miami, or his skin color, etc...????

Hightower (4 snaps) & Wiggins (0 snaps) both play the X receiver behind Osborn (71 snaps, entire game).
for a total of 74 snaps combined out of 71 plays ran.

Pope (2 snaps) plays the the Z receiver behind Thomas (54 snaps) for a total of 56 snaps out of 71 plays run.

Tate (15 snaps) plays the F receiver behind Harley(46 snaps) for a total of 61 snaps combined out of 71 plays ran.

Tate playing didn't impact those guys playing time at all IMO. It was more about scheme & confusing the D, which obviously worked.
Setting it straight, hope to see Lo in the upcoming weeks!!

I previously posted that I hoped tata would transfer because he is drama magnet.
Miami should always be a meritocracy and we need this locker room to be unified.

He gets too much attention and is very polarizing; the ROI just isn’t worth it.
On the field production <<<<<<<<<<< off the field performance.

Advertisement
My inside sauces are telling me that Tate's pimp, Rylee Martell, is threatening the coaches that if her hoe doesn’t get playing time she will release all the failed drugs tests at Miami dating back to 1961.

Coaches hands are really tied here.

Hightower (4 snaps) & Wiggins (0 snaps) both play the X receiver behind Osborn (71 snaps, entire game).

Pope (2 snaps) plays the the Z receiver behind Thomas (54 snaps) for a total of 56 snaps out of 71 plays run.

Tate (15 snaps) plays the F receiver behind Harley(46 snaps) for a total of 61 snaps combined out of 71 plays ran.

Tate playing didn't impact those guys playing time at all IMO. It was more about scheme & confusing the D, which obviously worked.
Logic my god!!!!!!! You should post more fine sir!!!!!

How about they used him as a distraction?

Missed it, a lot of threads out there, but ain't nobody here going to tell me that after one week of practice at a position he never played, showed better skills as Pope? The staff in a few days thought Tate at WR gives us a better chance to win? I don't dislike Tate in the least, but GTFOH!

Advertisement
Enos used his personnel well. I thought Deejay and The Wildcat was underutilized though.

I suspect we'll see more of Pope, Hightower, and the crew as the season wears on. Enos did what he thought he had to do to win the game. He was almost right.

Tweed the GOAT

Advertisement
Lies. Camrons run that was called back Jeff Thomas was closest to camera and Martell was was right next to him and went in motion away from camera. It's easy to prove since Thomas was the other guy called for holding besides Jordan. They accepted the penalty on Jordan though because his hold was on the line and Thomas was 15 yards down field. Here's a screenshot
IMG_20190826_201332.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah they hate winning so they put the guy that gave them the worst chance on the field. That's the difference between coaches and fans
The fanboys come running to message boards and cry for their favorite players. Pope was in the game, caught a slant pass and never returned.

It is amateur hour in coral gables. It was fun to almost believe all the false hope in preseason but what a failure

Advertisement
I’m good with them using Tate as a decoy. It gave Grantham more to worry about with the ability to pass. That said, I didn’t expect him in there as much as he was but the coaches have to do what they think will give us the best chance of winning.

This is by far the most analytical take and with raises some very valid points. Piggybacking on that I’m hearing a lot of rumors that Pope and some of the younger receivers are way behind the curve in terms of understanding the offense.

All that being said throwing Tate in the slot is 100% scheme; at least for now. The plays he was in the defense had to take notice and we had big gains on them. I won’t be shocked if we start seeing him more snaps as the season progresses, I don’t expect him to unseat Harley but he’s a weapon and Enos will put him on the field

I understand the frustration, but I also respect the strategy behind it. Those receivers don't elicit the same reaction out of the defense that Tate does, IIRC he was at least partially responsible for Deejay's success out of the wildcat just by serving as a decoy / distraction.
I understand the strategy but think it smacked of trying to get too cute. I think they outsmarted themselves and got away from things they could do well. They needed to go some max protect and let Jarren try to hit guys thru tight windows and not give up totally on the run. At least have a chance to slow the rush down enough to either throw it away or run it. Alot of times there was no time. I know he held it too long but he was trying to make things happen. Run your offense and don't try to be smarter than everybody. He's a special talent look at the 90 yard drive. Also there are others I'd rather see on jet sweeps and I think Hightower and Pope need to get some legit burn.

Advertisement
Back