Tate Over Pope etc...

These dummies complaining need to watch the lbs and safeties when he went in motion , before and after the snap.

Him going in motion drew guys in more than anyone else not named Thomas. That’s why we had a couple big plays when he did that.

But he’s playing because “ he’s spoiled and privileged”.

Signed the weirdos who have mad boners for him. They’re just as weird as the “ tater tot crew”.
I like Tate and think after the next two weeks to work some special plays in with him is fine. But I think to try to change things that were practiced all through spring and fall at the last minute is stupid. All you do is look like you're panicking, you **** off and confuse the guys who have worked all year. Hightower needs to get some legit burn.

Advertisement
Yeah, coaches played the little boy who couldn't win QB job at two schools just to throw him a bone. Anyone suggesting Diaz and Enos playing favorites is clueless.
Then what would be the explanation for Martell playing over those guys, because is not athletically superior to any of them.

He constantly got major separation when he ran routes. One play he was wide open - 8 yards from a defender and about 10 yards from the end zone .. would have been a TD if JW had seen him. On 8 plays he was used as a run blocker ... 210 pounds and very physical ... who is Pope going to block??
Didn't give Pope a scholarship to block

Lies. Camrons run that was called back Jeff Thomas was closest to camera and Martell was was right next to him and went in motion away from camera. It's easy to prove since Thomas was the other guy called for holding besides Jordan. They accepted the penalty on Jordan though because his hold was on the line and Thomas was 15 yards down field. Here's a screenshotView attachment 95526

Correct. I missed that one too. Check 3:35 though. Martell, Osborne, and Harley. Same on our drive starting with 8:10 in the 4th. When Thomas came back in Tate went out. On the drive starting at 4:20 in the 4th (play where Jarren fumbled) same trio of KJ, Tate, and Harley. Very next play, tate is out and Thomas is back in with KJ and Harley.

Advertisement
Do I like Tate as a wildcat option yes. Should he have been in there as many snaps probably not. One thing you have remember now is that unc has to take time now in their game planning to go over that package. You better bet when he is in the game all eyes are going to be him and will follow. Even if we don't use that package for awhile teams will still have to cover that. Hopefully Diaz is smarter that the previous coaching staff to not play favorite to ruin the locker room. **** wouldn't be shocking to maybe see Tate on a kick off as a decoy for a fake throw back. Now that would be interesting.

No no no you can’t bring facts and logic to this board. 90% of them can’t fathom or handle true football talk.
After one week practicing at WR? That's my point! After weeks of practice at WR and few games, I can see him getting major burn, but one week after losing the qb position you scheme for him? One week before the big game? One week man!

Hightower (4 snaps) & Wiggins (0 snaps) both play the X receiver behind Osborn (71 snaps, entire game).
for a total of 74 snaps combined out of 71 plays ran.

Pope (2 snaps) plays the the Z receiver behind Thomas (54 snaps) for a total of 56 snaps out of 71 plays run.

Tate (15 snaps) plays the F receiver behind Harley(46 snaps) for a total of 61 snaps combined out of 71 plays ran.

Tate playing didn't impact those guys playing time at all IMO. It was more about scheme & confusing the D, which obviously worked.

F, Z, X **** that ****.

Wiggins and Hightower are two supremely talented players.

More upside than KJ and Harley

Play them

Advertisement
It’s not that, man. Tate moved to WR last week! Pope and the other guys busted their rears all spring and summer, and you play a guy who just moved to WR last week over guys like Pope?? Pope played 2 snaps and Tate played 15-16. C’mon! Gimmick plays are one thing, but Tate was WR1 on most of the plays.

I can tell you this...I have no issues with Tate but that can fracture a locker room real quick. It’s a bad look and players see that. And the fact that ddscane brought it on the board already tells you there is an issue brewing
My point exactly. Absolutely nothing against Tate or white players FOH, but One Week! Don't think for one moment this ain't a point of contention in the WR room, locker room and the local community. If so. then take your snap count facts and believe that I have something against Tate.

I understand the frustration, but I also respect the strategy behind it. Those receivers don't elicit the same reaction out of the defense that Tate does, IIRC he was at least partially responsible for Deejay's success out of the wildcat just by serving as a decoy / distraction.
Yeah, that's the thing. It may be a gimmick, but every time you put him on the field the D is spending a little time wondering if he's going to end up throwing the ball. Maybe it's not worth the effort, but that shts real. It's a little thing to distract the defense and I'm down (in theory) with distracting them any way possible.

F, Z, X **** that ****.

Wiggins and Hightower are two supremely talented players.

More upside than KJ and Harley

Play them
Upside? Fcking upside? Why the **** would you care about upside, I care about production. People always talking about upside which is just another word for potential. And potential is a waste of my fcking time. Show me on the field what you can do or sit the **** down. I gove zero shts about the guy who's the fastest with the longest arms- I like the guy who gets open and catches the ball.

Here's one for you: Which do you care about more, that JT has a ton of potential every time he touches the ball or that he dropped the ball on our 10 yard line? Give me Berrios all day.

Pope has all the tools but he gotta get it together mentally. I don't think anyone likes Martell getting that much reps after practicing for a few days but Pope gotta help himself out. None of our receivers as is, is the guy that has IT. At some point, someone needs to step up. Potential can only go so far.

Advertisement
My point exactly. Absolutely nothing against Tate or white players FOH, but One Week! Don't think for one moment this ain't a point of contention in the WR room, locker room and the local community. If so. then take your snap count facts and believe that I have something against Tate.

I asked in the other thread but I’ll ask you here.Would you feel any different if it was Perry getting the plays at WR .....

Hightower (4 snaps) & Wiggins (0 snaps) both play the X receiver behind Osborn (71 snaps, entire game).
for a total of 74 snaps combined out of 71 plays ran.

Pope (2 snaps) plays the the Z receiver behind Thomas (54 snaps) for a total of 56 snaps out of 71 plays run.

Tate (15 snaps) plays the F receiver behind Harley(46 snaps) for a total of 61 snaps combined out of 71 plays ran.

Tate playing didn't impact those guys playing time at all IMO. It was more about scheme & confusing the D, which obviously worked.
Thanks for that break down people making it seem like Tate was out there all game

After one week practicing at WR? That's my point! After weeks of practice at WR and few games, I can see him getting major burn, but one week after losing the qb position you scheme for him? One week before the big game? One week man!

He knows every route and play. Have you broken down the film and seen how we were successful when Tate was in the field cause he took attention? Nah you just want to be a hater for no reason.

Advertisement
It’s not that, man. Tate moved to WR last week! Pope and the other guys busted their rears all spring and summer, and you play a guy who just moved to WR last week over guys like Pope?? Pope played 2 snaps and Tate played 15-16. C’mon! Gimmick plays are one thing, but Tate was WR1 on most of the plays.

I can tell you this...I have no issues with Tate but that can fracture a locker room real quick. It’s a bad look and players see that. And the fact that ddscane brought it on the board already tells you there is an issue brewing

Honestly who gives af about how these players feel on not getting enough snaps. We’re in the business of winning games. If Enos felt like he could’ve won the game with them obviously they would’ve gotten more PT. So If these receivers have that much of a problem, then they need to take it out on Enos or go to greentree and work harder than the next man, that’s how it’s always been. Tate was used schematically, Enos designed it like that, when he entered the game, UF’s entire defense kept tracking him, they even needed to call a timeout the first time he entered. Pope, Hightower and Wiggins doesn’t offer that threat....and with the exception of one play, majority of the plays he was involved in were positive.
These receivers been busting their rears all summer and spring yet none of them have made a move over Thomas, Osborn or Harley. But if we’re going off who worked hardest during spring and summer than Payton should be above nearly all those guys mentioned. But continue to harp on Tate because he’s the QB turned WR. even tho he knows the entire playbook and Enos only used him situationally in the game primarily in the slot, and never gave indication that he would continue to see more snaps than Pope, Hightower etc.

Literally 3 of our biggest runs of the game (one called back for penalty) occurred when Tate was on the field and presnap motioned. This caused a second of pause/confusion which created seams for the big gains

It’s absolutely mind-boggling to me that this is what the echo chamber is choosing to cry about

We just need to get the receiver group as a whole going period. And mark pope and Brian Hightower absolutely need to be playing more these next couple of games. Both can provide something we are missing. Even if it’s just an end around why are you giving that to kJ instead of someone like pope or Thomas? In then in obvious red zone situations Hightower definitely should have been used more. But not just that but Hightower is an all around receiver really so we need to use him as such. It goes without saying those 2 need to be worked in the offense

Advertisement
Back