Tate Over Pope etc...

It ****es me off that Enos, Stubblefield and Manny chose to play the little boy who could not win the QB job at two schools to play over Pope, Hightower and Wiggins!! That's BS. Those guys all practiced the receiver position all off season and Tate does for one week and he gets to play. I hope like **** those kids were either hurt or suspended because if not that is phucked up! Don't be surprised when one of them opts for the portal.

Advertisement
I kinda lean this way...BUT BUT BUT, I will see how it plays up, and we don't know what those guys look like in practice.

Is there any validity to the Pope injury rumor?

It ****es me off that Enos, Stubblefield and Manny chose to play the little boy who could not win the QB job at two schools to play over Pope, Hightower and Wiggins!! That's BS. Those guys all practiced the receiver position all off season and Tate does for one week and he gets to play. I hope like **** those kids were either hurt or suspended because if not that is phucked up! Don't be surprised when one of them opts for the portal.

Dude, some Xanax is in order.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I understand the frustration, but I also respect the strategy behind it. Those receivers don't elicit the same reaction out of the defense that Tate does, IIRC he was at least partially responsible for Deejay's success out of the wildcat just by serving as a decoy / distraction.

Very good take. I’m so glad this narrative is in play. Let’s play the results. UiF had to take a timeout with Martel on the field. Both TD runs were a result of him going in motion and making the DE and LB jump to the outside giving both DJ and Williams the lane need to score. You’re right they coaches didn’t know what they where doing.

Advertisement
Advertisement
... thread #88 on the same topic...
Missed it, a lot of threads out there, but ain't nobody here going to tell me that after one week of practice at a position he never played, showed better skills as Pope? The staff in a few days thought Tate at WR gives us a better chance to win? I don't dislike Tate in the least, but GTFOH!

He constantly got major separation when he ran routes. One play he was wide open - 8 yards from a defender and about 10 yards from the end zone .. would have been a TD if JW had seen him. On 8 plays he was used as a run blocker ... 210 pounds and very physical ... who is Pope going to block??

Advertisement
Back