Tate Over Pope etc...

every time tate was on the field, it resulted in a positive play. the only stupid call was at the end him playing QB and wasting a down on a run.

These dummies complaining need to watch the lbs and safeties when he went in motion , before and after the snap.

Him going in motion drew guys in more than anyone else not named Thomas. That’s why we had a couple big plays when he did that.

But he’s playing because “ he’s spoiled and privileged”.

Signed the weirdos who have mad boners for him. They’re just as weird as the “ tater tot crew”.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Tweed, When Tate was lined up at WR, Thomas was never in the game. You sure for the UF game Tate wasn't subbing for Thomas? I rewatched the game yesterday, and I'm pretty positive that the WR corp when Tate was in at WR was Osborn, Harley, and Tate.

More facts

Not sure on that, but I do think that Tate knowing the entire playbook (all 3 receiver positions) probably factored into things as well.

Probably so. I just wanted to mention that when I went back and rewatched, Tate pretty much exclusively subbed in for Thomas except for the times he was in due to the wildcat formation.

Tweed, When Tate was lined up at WR, Thomas was never in the game. You sure for the UF game Tate wasn't subbing for Thomas? I rewatched the game yesterday, and I'm pretty positive that the WR corp when Tate was in at WR was Osborn, Harley, and Tate.

ddscane confirms Pope was shell shocked Tate played over him. Pope is Thomas’ primary backup, but they subbed Tate in for thomas. And Pope was NOT hurt

Hightower (4 snaps) & Wiggins (0 snaps) both play the X receiver behind Osborn (71 snaps, entire game).
for a total of 74 snaps combined out of 71 plays ran.

Pope (2 snaps) plays the the Z receiver behind Thomas (54 snaps) for a total of 56 snaps out of 71 plays run.

Tate (15 snaps) plays the F receiver behind Harley(46 snaps) for a total of 61 snaps combined out of 71 plays ran.

Tate playing didn't impact those guys playing time at all IMO. It was more about scheme & confusing the D, which obviously worked.

Yeah but you gotta hate on him around here or you’re tater tot.

I wish I could figure out the hate, what could it ever be?

Advertisement
Yeah but you gotta hate on him around here or you’re tater tot.

I wish I could figure out the hate, what could it ever be?

It’s not that, man. Tate moved to WR last week! Pope and the other guys busted their rears all spring and summer, and you play a guy who just moved to WR last week over guys like Pope?? Pope played 2 snaps and Tate played 15-16. C’mon! Gimmick plays are one thing, but Tate was WR1 on most of the plays.

I can tell you this...I have no issues with Tate but that can fracture a locker room real quick. It’s a bad look and players see that. And the fact that ddscane brought it on the board already tells you there is an issue brewing

These dummies complaining need to watch the lbs and safeties when he went in motion , before and after the snap.

Him going in motion drew guys in more than anyone else not named Thomas. That’s why we had a couple big plays when he did that.

But he’s playing because “ he’s spoiled and privileged”.

Signed the weirdos who have mad bombers for him. They’re just as weird as the “ tater tot crew”.

This board is insufferable at times. Since the game on Saturday the following has been discussed.

Tate is privileged and coaches are being dumb not playing Pope and Hightower.

D-line sucks even though we held Florida to 50 yards rushing and contained Franks in the pocket.

Enos is mean. He is going to hurt Williams feelings.

Manny is the same as Golden and Shannon.

It goes on and on. So much stupid in this board. This team should make a major jump after two weeks of practice and a lot of teaching moments on tape from a game the let get away. Can’t wait to see the progress.

It ****es me off that Enos, Stubblefield and Manny chose to play the little boy who could not win the QB job at two schools to play over Pope, Hightower and Wiggins!! That's BS. Those guys all practiced the receiver position all off season and Tate does for one week and he gets to play. I hope like **** those kids were either hurt or suspended because if not that is phucked up! Don't be surprised when one of them opts for the portal.

If that ain't an example of participation trophies then IDK what is.

Advertisement
Tate was running jet sweep motion a lot which makes the defense have to account for all types of things that you don't have to think about when Thomas or Pope is out there. Perfect example is DeeJay's TD run. Tate's motion made the DB come in and crash the LOS which left Wilson as the single high DB (rotated over) who DeeJay ran right through.

Pope hasn't done anything anywhere besides look really good in shorts. Yes his QB in HS was awful but so are most HS QB's. Especially SFL ones.

This board is insufferable at times. Since the game on Saturday the following has been discussed.

D-line sucks even though we held Florida to 50 yards rushing and contained Franks in the pocket.

It goes on and on. So much stupid in this board. This team should make a major jump after two weeks of practice and a lot of teaching moments on tape from a game the let get away. Can’t wait to see the progress.
Also:

Jeff Thomas sucks.
Mallory is a ghost
&
Baxa needs to be replaced

I have no issue keeping Osborn and Thomas out there the entire time. Do the same with Jordan.

Advertisement

Tate was running jet sweep motion a lot which makes the defense have to account for all types of things that you don't have to think about when Thomas or Pope is out there. Perfect example is DeeJay's TD run. Tate's motion made the DB come in and crash the LOS which left Wilson as the single high DB (rotated over) who DeeJay ran right through.

No , no , no it’s privilege. That’s not scheming or using a player to get an advantage.

Him going in motion makes everyone’s eyes jump on to him , then they automatically overreact thinking it must be a trick play or some action involving fate. That actually helped us get multiple big plays.

But oh well. Let the Tahaters fight the good fight.

Come on man are we this dense of a fan base. Tate was in the game to create confusion and ease some of the pressure. You have to account for Tate running and throw. It’s Enos trying to create an advantage

Advertisement
No , no , no it’s privilege. That’s not scheming or using a player to get an advantage.

Him going in motion makes everyone’s eyes jump on to him , then they automatically overreact thinking it must be a trick play or some action involving fate. That actually helped us get multiple big plays.

But oh well. Let the Tahaters fight the good fight.

Haha the sad thing is, I was watching the game with a friend and every time Tate got in the game I literally did the same thing. I was like Tate is in watch we are going to do something.

Advertisement
Back