Tate Over Pope etc...

Advertisement
He constantly got major separation when he ran routes. One play he was wide open - 8 yards from a defender and about 10 yards from the end zone .. would have been a TD if JW had seen him. On 8 plays he was used as a run blocker ... 210 pounds and very physical ... who is Pope going to block??

Exactly.

Not trying to be mean, but have any of you considered that maybe the reason Pope didn’t see more time is that he looks like he has the body of a 12 year old?

every time tate was on the field, it resulted in a positive play. the only stupid call was at the end him playing QB and wasting a down on a run.
Agree when he was on the field positive plays happened so he was definitely in the defenses mind. And I would have rather saw jarren to start that first and goal but if he would have made the right read tate would have walked into the end zone on the read option. Smh and that’s supposed to be his specialty and I was so ****ed he didn’t pull the ball back and run as the d end crashed on the running back.

Advertisement
Have y’all thought about the possibility that Pope just can’t catch as well as y’all think? Throughout spring and fall camp we’ve seen many drop balls by the receivers and Pope was the main one.

Hightower (4 snaps) & Wiggins (0 snaps) both play the X receiver behind Osborn (71 snaps, entire game).
for a total of 74 snaps combined out of 71 plays ran.

Pope (2 snaps) plays the the Z receiver behind Thomas (54 snaps) for a total of 56 snaps out of 71 plays run.

Tate (15 snaps) plays the F receiver behind Harley(46 snaps) for a total of 61 snaps combined out of 71 plays ran.

Tate playing didn't impact those guys playing time at all IMO. It was more about scheme & confusing the D, which obviously worked.

Hightower (4 snaps) & Wiggins (0 snaps) both play the X receiver behind Osborn (71 snaps, entire game).

Pope (2 snaps) plays the the Z receiver behind Thomas (54 snaps) for a total of 56 snaps out of 71 plays run.

Tate (15 snaps) plays the F receiver behind Harley(46 snaps) for a total of 61 snaps combined out of 71 plays ran.

Tate playing didn't impact those guys playing time at all IMO. It was more about scheme & confusing the D, which obviously worked.
Thanks tweed for this. Remember they had a walk on behind Harley so those snaps went to tate apparently instead of marshal few as you can see their number plays total.

Plus 3 of our bigger runs when we faked the jet sweep to tate in which deejay had two big runs and cam had one that was called back

Advertisement
Advertisement

Tweed, When Tate was lined up at WR, Thomas was never in the game. You sure for the UF game Tate wasn't subbing for Thomas? I rewatched the game yesterday, and I'm pretty positive that the WR corp when Tate was in at WR was Osborn, Harley, and Tate.

Thanks tweed for this. Remember they had a walk on behind Harley so those snaps went to tate apparently instead of marshal few as you can see their number plays total.

Plus 3 of our bigger runs when we faked the jet sweep to tate in which deejay had two big runs and cam had one that was called back

Go back and watch the second half Brock. Tate and Harley were in at the same time. Tate was never in the lineup at WR when Thomas was in the game.

I am actually really excited to see more of Tate, especially when DeeJay is lined up in the Wildcat.

You know they are setting up some sort of handoff pass with all the good runs Dallas had in that formation.
Over-pursuing Defenses will get burned.

Advertisement

No no no you can’t bring facts and logic to this board. 90% of them can’t fathom or handle true football talk.

Tweed, When Tate was lined up at WR, Thomas was never in the game. You sure for the UF game Tate wasn't subbing for Thomas? I rewatched the game yesterday, and I'm pretty positive that the WR corp when Tate was in at WR was Osborn, Harley, and Tate.

Not sure on that, but I do think that Tate knowing the entire playbook (all 3 receiver positions) probably factored into things as well.

Advertisement
Back